Opening A Bank Account In Udon Thani/Nong Kai Areas

tonika

I've been reading of other members of the forum, in other areas of Thailand, having difficulties in opening a new bank account. Could anyone from Udon Thani or Nong Kai areas tell me if they encountered any problems recently, regarding opening an account?. And if so, can you give any advice on getting one open?.

When I lived in Issan a few years back I had my own account, but closed it, when I went back to the UK.. I'm coming to Thailand in mid August to organise buying a new house etc., for my retirement in April (2012). And was hoping to open my own account, so as to deposit the B 400,000 for my visa. So I'm a bit concerned.

I would be grateful for any replies.

It mostly depends on the type of visa you are on - most Thai banks prefer an Non O, Non B Visa to open account, but Kasikorn (Green Bank) seem to be happy with Tourist Visa in most places. If you are moving to that area and have friends there ask them to check for you. If no friends (!!) I have more than 1 (just), can try and find out for you jap.gif

Like terak69 said - go to Kasikorn bank. They don't even check what visa you have. As long as you have a passport you will get a bank account with decent internet banking facilities as well.

I believe in some situations, depending on locale, SCB has similar "indifferent" policies as such applies towards Farang banking accounts - witness, as I've a singular account along and a joint account with my wife. Most Thai banks find themselves in accordance to these relatively new regulations. I recall the good old days when any "foreign" national could easily open an account anywhere.

You want to deposit 400,000 b for your visa. So you come to this country with a non im O visa. That should be OK for Kasikorn Nongkhai as far as I remember. I got the current acct here on a T visa and a second acct later with my ret extension.

By the way, you want to deposit 400 k for your visa ? Than a deposit in cash is not OK, it must be a transfer from abroad.

And no a/o account. In your name only. And no deposit. A current or savings acct.

Good luck.

I am assuming you are living with somebody here, but bring them and their house registration book (the list of people living in that place, your name doesn't have to be on it) or what it's called just in case. I had to go back the next day with it... :/ (k-bank)

• 3 weeks later...