Bluetooth Adapter

KKvampire

I have a new phone with Bluetooth feature and I want to use it transfer files from or to my PC with windows (which has no bluetooth adapter) Can I buy a usb adapter at low cost in Bangkok , one thats is reliable , I see them on Amazon for less than 5US$ , I guess they are available all over BKK but what quality?

Yes they can be found at Fortune or Panthip but it's worth remembering that they will usually be based on the cheap and less advanced CSR software that doesn't get updated so much. I tried everywhere to find adapters with the superior Broadcom (WIDCOMM) software but to no avail. Ended up importing IOGEAR adapter from the UK.

If you just want it for file transfers and the like then I think the cheap and cheerful adapters at the outlets mentioned should be adequate. If, however, you're looking to use a Bluetooth handsfree headset for Skype or soemthing like that, better do some research online first before wasting money

I bought two of these cheap Chinese Bluetooth adapters a few years ago.

Paid 199 each back then, bet they cost even less today.

Either way, they work well with my Bluetooth mouse and phone.

@ HardenedSoul

If you get one of these cheapo ones, based on the CSR software.

Don't use the included software, use the Microsoft Bluetooth stack.

Just attach the USB dongle to a port and let Windows pick the drivers.

They will then enumerate as a Generic Bluetooth Radio.

(I don't have the software around that came with the device, but think it was based on the BlueSoleil stack…)

I got a Belkin adapter from ITCity a few years ago, it uses the WIDCOMM stack. Now I see they have this one, not as cheap as Amazon of course and I found this on Speed Computers website, their shop is at the back of Panthip, 3rd floor I think.

Edited by damole