No Pets Policy In Condos

Hi all

Its such a pain in the a** looking for condo accomodation as many condos has stated policy of not allowing pets.

I have a 100% strictly indoor cat which is quiet. I wonder whether I should just rent a condo unit without telling the owner/agent that I have a pet. I reckon the worst that can happen is that I've to move out in a hurry (and maybe lose my rental deposit).

Has anybody done this (ie. keep it quiet) and care to share your experience/perspective? Of course, this is workeable only for those with small, quiet 100% indoor pets (like cats :D ) that can be sneaked in when you move in.

Hmmm. Well, I would consider just asking an owner and offering to pay EXTRA rent for this because it's pretty definite the owner would find out eventually. But then if the condo management catches you during some maintenance thing, for example, same problem, they could kick you out if you don't kick out the kitty.

Hmmm. Well, I would consider just asking an owner and offering to pay EXTRA rent for this because it's pretty definite the owner would find out eventually. But then if the condo management catches you during some maintenance thing, for example, same problem, they could kick you out if you don't kick out the kitty.

Well, I would make sure they don't see my cat if there's any maintenance to be done (and switch on the TV loud so that the occasional meow is unheard :rolleyes: ). I was at a condo recently and the lady mentioned (quite casually) that although the condo does not allow pets, she saw some residents walking their little dog. B)

I reckon that if your pet is 100% indoor, and doesn't disturb/irritate the neighbors, the condo management will just look the other way. Please disabuse me of that notion :lol:

I ponder on this too as Im interested on becoming a foster mom to some soi cats but the policy applies to me as well. I think a cat is a safer choice.

Being an animal lover, I have a lot of respect for the kindness of people who foster homeless pets.

But offering your condo as a santuary for stray cats is crosssing the line here, methinks. If you want to do that, you should stay in a house instead. If you do this in a condo, and the strays results in complaints from neighbors, the condo office will clamp down on any and all pets. This wouldn't be fair to other pet owners who have pets that are house-trained, well-behaved and that wouldn't be able to survive on the streets.