Honda City Which One?

honda city

went to buy a honda city top model (not that good about cars so maybe you could tell me what model lol) they said no top model now untill new one in october, went to a few stores they said the same.

Is it worth getting the top model or is it just a few extra cup holders? i tried to look on their website but not very clear and the assistants just want to sell the new top model from what i gathered.

I looked at the vios, mazda 2 and fiesta too all around the same price range but found that honda seemed to have more space.

Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

dont wait. Top model has basically small led lights on the mirror(easy to do it yourself) uglier rims and a nice airbag so small and hard that its actually more dangerous than not having any. (exact words from the dealer, last year)

only + = paddle shifting

Edited by seriouseats

dont wait. Top model has basically small led lights on the mirror(easy to do it yourself) uglier rims and a nice airbag so small and hard that its actually more dangerous than not having any. (exact words from the dealer, last year)

only + = paddle shifting

top model foldable rear seat

my Gf was trying to find the 574k baht auto, but didnt succeed

found one 644k baht car (V airbags) for august 11th delivery in BKK

english please, dont understand

Why not.?. are you American. Only a fool would not wait for a facelift,or listen to any sales persons drivvel.:)

the 574k baht gets useless airbags with facelift and moves to 604k baht

An American opinion,Honda dont consider them useless, but whoes to argue with American Self Impotance.:D

english please, dont understand

Why not.?. are you American. Only a fool would not wait for a facelift,or listen to any sales persons drivvel.:)

the 574k baht gets useless airbags with facelift and moves to 604k baht

An American opinion,Honda dont consider them useless, but whoes to argue with American Self Impotance.:D

City can use these airbags cause it isnt marketed/sold in EU and US, thus no EU/US crash tests. Sister/twin Jazz/Fit/Fitta is different at this point

So. they fit inferior devices, hows that.?.Perhaps Honda don't worry much about such details, Toyota had brakes that didn't work,even though they were tested and passed by a Superior System.I recall most Yank SUVs fell over on a daily basis's, only to be overtaken by Jap Crap when they made Trucks into them here..A Donkey will never be a Racehorse..A Honda has Integrity.:D

We bought the Honda City SV top of the range car in Hua Hin back in January and so far very satisfied with it both for ride,comfort and economy.

The top model comes with wider alloys.....16 inch instead of the usual 15 inch ones as well as electric retractable door mirrors which we find quite useful.

It has a split rear seat which folds again very useful.It also has a mp3 slot instead of a CD player.

We had a leather interior,special tinted windows, rear park sensors and one of Honda's body kits put, which makes it look very sporty IMO.

The paddle gear shift is useful for quick overtaking rather than waiting for the auto box to change down.... so again we find it worth having, and we paid 757,000 baht all in and that included a years free first class insurance.

So we would recommend the City SV form our experience to date.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Regards

Vistana

Edited by vistana

757k for that price you could of gotten a lower spec model cruze with just as much extras.. but with actual safety and comfort.. IMO the city is a good deal if you dont spend too much on it.. quite happy with the one i had for 490k (10k km + front logo changed to a non-ugly one) but would of felt ripped paying 100k+ more as it feels as shaky as my jeep tj

I bought the second from top model and added the retractable wing mirrors (about 10k if I recall) had leather interior and tints fitted free. the foldable back seat could be usefull to some but i also have a pick up. Never really seen the need for paddle shifts on an automatic but then i dont try and race anybody. I guess a few extra cup holders might be fancy but personally i wouldnt bother waiting for them.