B Visa Requirements

I am an English teacher returning to Thailand and I want to get a B visa (single or multiple) so I can stay for 90 days. I do not have a job in Thailand yet and I know you need one to get a B visa. However I have a Thai friend who may be able to write me a job offer letter, but i do not think he would be able to do a contract or submit other documents.

My question is can I get a B visa with the documents I have or can get?

I have a valid passport, police clearance certificate and I can probably get a job offer letter. However I doubt I can get a contract.

If this is not enough for the B visa would it be ok to go in an as tourist and sort the B visa out when I get there?

Any help on this would be appreciated

It totally depends on where you will be applying for the visa. As said, in Asia it will not be enough. If in Europe, a letter with job offer on company paper would be enough for at least a single entry.

Most people come over on a (double-entry) tourist visa and look for a job and than apply for a non-B visa in a neighbouring country.

AFAIK:

- a letter of intend from your future employer stating that he will hire you OR a labor contract

- school registration + signature registree + company/school-stamp

- copy ID or passport of the school registration holder

- + all the personal documents required

At some point, a letter from the Ministry of Education was also required, but that might have been changed.

With those documents, you will get a one year non-B - multiple entry IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY.

That's how it worked when we assisted with visa for our students.

Thanks all. I sounds like I will be able to get all these documents without being employed by an established school so I will just have to go back as a tourist and sort it out from there.

Thanks J

AFAIK:

- a letter of intend from your future employer stating that he will hire you OR a labor contract

At some point, a letter from the Ministry of Education was also required, but that might have been changed.

With those documents, you will get a one year non-B - multiple entry IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY.

Thanks all. I sounds like I will be able to get all these documents without being employed by an established school so I will just have to go back as a tourist and sort it out from there.

Thanks J

AFAIK:

BUT, what I personally did prior to my move to Thailand was:

Contact a lawyer/visa agent in Pattaya, or wherever.

Ask them to assist you in obtaining a non-B, one year, m.e. visa.

They will send you the necessary paperwork, and you add your part to it.

Either you pay this service in advance, or you'll be trusted and pay right after your arrival in Thailand.

I was assisted by a lawyer in Jomtien and it cost me THB 2000 (2003).

Edited by saengsureeya