Favourite Spots In Patters

britmaveric

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to party (stag) - FLB Bar

to hang out and watch the circus - Lucky Star Bar (closest to the 7/11)

To ogle poor, sweet, innocent farm girls wearing little if anything - Polo

on a "date" with latest soon-to-be-ex g/f - Blues Factory early, Blue Chili later, underground Karaoke :o even later

where I would take friends - anywhere on Soi 7 (the further away the better)

Hey guys!

My house, which I'll move into in April, is located near the east end of Nern Plubwarn. What's the entertainment situation way out there?

I'm also wondering about the availability and safety of parking in Pattaya city. I will likely be buying a new pickup. I note that many, if not most of you, mention riding motorbikes. I've never ridden or owned one, and would feel much more comfortable in a 4-wheeled vehicle.

Do those with motorbikes do so for safety reasons, or just to get through the traffic faster?

George

King Kong soi 6

Music that I really like (bluegrass, r&b, blues, george thorogood etc etc)

Fair prices Chang 65baht

Sleazy

Easy-going

No hassles

Dirty girls

Thanks, Johnny! We have similar tastes in music. At least that's among my favorites. I'm an old dog, so rock, unless it's old time R&R or Motown, is not for me. I'm one of those folks who believes that the good music written after 1970 could be put onto one CD! :D

And Chang is also my favorite Thai beer. I like Singha with a meal, but prefer the lighter Chang when just having a few beers.

As for the girls, best left for PMs! :D:D:o

(What, no massage?) :D

Now all I have to do is learn where soi 6 is. I'm sure I'll find it when I get there.

George

Hey guys!

My house, which I'll move into in April, is located near the east end of Nern Plubwarn. What's the entertainment situation way out there?

I'm also wondering about the availability and safety of parking in Pattaya city. I will likely be buying a new pickup. I note that many, if not most of you, mention riding motorbikes. I've never ridden or owned one, and would feel much more comfortable in a 4-wheeled vehicle.

Do those with motorbikes do so for safety reasons, or just to get through the traffic faster?

George

IMHO some with motorbikes have a death wish. Pattaya would be one of the most dangerous places in the world to ride a motorbike. Many over 60yo retirees take up motorbike riding for the first time in their lives and are an accident just waiting to happen.

On the safety of vehicle issue, theft of motorbikes is way higher than cars.

Electric Blue - my new favourite.

Peppermint - probably still the best gogo in pattaya.

Indian by Nature, The BEST indian.

Mata Hari - great quality food.

??? :o  i need to get out more :D

hi dave,

indian by nature,where is it.my fave indian is little india:thumbsup:,in the arcade next to soi diana.or for a simple takeaway neroys,opposite crazy daves.

Hey guys!

George

IMHO some with motorbikes have a death wish. Pattaya would be one of the most dangerous places in the world to ride a motorbike. Many over 60yo retirees take up motorbike riding for the first time in their lives and are an accident just waiting to happen.

Thanks, Cobber. I know that I am definitely NOT going to be motorbike statistic. Common sense, what little I may have, tells me that it's foolish to start it at my age in the traffic zoo that is Thailand!

I was just wondering if there's much of a problem with theft and vandalism on vehicles parked in Pattaya City.

George

Exactly right.

Many motor bike riders are now transferring to the footpaths to avoid dangerous baht bus drivers but selfish food cart vendors on the footpaths keep getting in their way. :o

King Kong soi 6

Fair prices Chang 65baht

Sleazy

Easy-going

No hassles

Dirty girls

Thanks, Johnny! We have similar tastes in music. At least that's among my favorites. I'm an old dog, so rock, unless it's old time R&R or Motown, is not for me. I'm one of those folks who believes that the good music written after 1970 could be put onto one CD! :D

And Chang is also my favorite Thai beer. I like Singha with a meal, but prefer the lighter Chang when just having a few beers.

Now all I have to do is learn where soi 6 is. I'm sure I'll find it when I get there.

George

Good music after 1970? 60s guy myself British and San Francisco music.

to get to soi 6 take a baht bus along 2nd road past the montien and hard rock hotels but not as far as Big C. It runs between 2nd and Beach Roads so sit facing Beach rd. Its a street of bars but not open air beer bars. Can't miss it anyway.

No massage on soi 6, but you can get a lube and oil change.

Hey guys!

George

Hi George,

You won't have to go into town from where you're going to live to find some action. Just head for Soi Siam Country Club and make a right towards Mabprachan lake. On the right only 100 metres from X rds. look for the Butterfly Bar ( see butterfly sign at roadside ) You can park safely, out of sight of road :o

Another 200 metres down Soi Siam CC., there's the Black Pearl, next to garden centre. Parking is again off road.

Go another 500 metres towards the lake, round the first bad bend, and you will find Charlies bar ( sometimes called the Pils bar ) Plenty of parking, and food available.

One kilometer past Charlies you will find the Terrace bar, again parking and food.

100 metres on, you have the Peacock hotel. Good rooms, restaurant and snooker/pool.

Follow the lake for 1 1/2 kilos and on your right there's the Fishermans and 1 klm further Khun Johns. The latter has plenty of parking and is a nice place to take the Mrs. for a meal.

If you get a m/cycle, the roads in this direction ( Mabprachan ) are not too busy, except at certain times of the year ( Buffalo races/boat races. Loy Kratong etc.

Maybe we'll get to meet up at one of the forementioned places. Mons Happy aka. Pete :D:D

Hey guys!

George

Hi George,

You won't have to go into town from where you're going to live to find some action. Just head for Soi Siam Country Club and make a right towards Mabprachan lake. On the right only 100 metres from X rds. look for the Butterfly Bar ( see butterfly sign at roadside ) You can park safely, out of sight of road :o

Another 200 metres down Soi Siam CC., there's the Black Pearl, next to garden centre. Parking is again off road.

Go another 500 metres towards the lake, round the first bad bend, and you will find Charlies bar ( sometimes called the Pils bar ) Plenty of parking, and food available.

One kilometer past Charlies you will find the Terrace bar, again parking and food.

100 metres on, you have the Peacock hotel. Good rooms, restaurant and snooker/pool.

Follow the lake for 1 1/2 kilos and on your right there's the Fishermans and 1 klm further Khun Johns. The latter has plenty of parking and is a nice place to take the Mrs. for a meal.

If you get a m/cycle, the roads in this direction ( Mabprachan ) are not too busy, except at certain times of the year ( Buffalo races/boat races. Loy Kratong etc.

Maybe we'll get to meet up at one of the forementioned places. Mons Happy aka. Pete :D:D

Great info, Pete! Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. This is a note that goes into my "Things to do In Pattaya" folder!

George

Hey guys!

George

Here's my take on transportation in Pattaya. I previously owned an Audi with extremely thin skin. I have since sold it and traded down (so to speak) to a Suzuki Caribean with 2 inch steel pipe surrounding it and front and rear bumpers made of solid iron. I then smoked my windows so nobody could see my eyes and where I was looking. I have since found out the motorcyclists take a much different approach to cutting me off or trying to force me into a ditch.

Now, they just bounce off of my car and I drive away, laughing hysterically. :D

I would drive an M1A2 Abrams if I could get my hands on one. :o

PS: Do not take your wife to the Butterfly. It is a place best visited alone or with male friends. :D

Edit in: I just noticed that I didn't answer your question about parking. You will find that motorcycles take up all available motorcycle designated parking areas. You will find that motorcycles take up all automobile designated parking areas. Those parking spaces not occupied by motorcycles will be taken up with plastic chairs, mop buckets, flower pots or other such items in order to save the parking place for the store/bar/tailor shop owner who happens to have a street front shop.

When going downtown you can often park in Royal Garden Plaza, Mike's Shopping Mall and several small lots that nobody but me and 7 other people know about. I do not intend to publicize their locations.

Safety? Lock it and leave it. Get theft insurance.

Edited by chuckd

King Kong soi 6

Fair prices Chang 65baht

Sleazy

Easy-going

No hassles

Dirty girls

George

You don't want to go to King Kong trust me :D

Its an absolute sihthole.

Electric Blue - my new favourite.

Peppermint - probably still the best gogo in pattaya.

Indian by Nature, The BEST indian.

Mata Hari - great quality food.

??? :o  i need to get out more :D

hi dave,

indian by nature,where is it.my fave indian is little india:thumbsup:,in the arcade next to soi diana.or for a simple takeaway neroys,opposite crazy daves.

Its next to Bruno's on the way to jomtien, more expensive than the others but worth it. :D

Hey guys!

George

Thanks, Cobber. I know that I am definitely NOT going to be motorbike statistic. Common sense, what little I may have, tells me that it's foolish to start it at my age in the traffic zoo that is Thailand!

I was just wondering if there's much of a problem with theft and vandalism on vehicles parked in Pattaya City.

George

I would'nt worry about vandalism and theft just use commen sense and don't leave valuables in sight.

Motorbikes are'nt that bad! I only use a bike at night (unless its raining) and i've never had an accident here in 4 years, just be cautious and don't drive like an idiot, on weekends allow yourself extra time if trying to come in a car and then of course you need to park. :o

PS

The best "spot" in patttaya has been mentioned by Brit already. :D

I've ridden motorbikes nearly every day for over 25 years,including 20 years racing them, but I won't ride one there, to much potential for severe grief. Just been to the Phils, even worse there, Manila is unbelieveable, saw 3 accidents on way from airport to hotel.

King Kong soi 6

Fair prices Chang 65baht

Sleazy

Easy-going

No hassles

Dirty girls

George

Anyone have a black light?? - love to see one in the Kong!!! :D:D

Here's my take on transportation in Pattaya.  I previously owned an Audi with extremely thin skin.  I have since sold it and traded down (so to speak) to a Suzuki Caribean with 2 inch steel pipe surrounding it and front and rear bumpers made of solid iron.  I then smoked my windows so nobody could see my eyes and where I was looking.  I have since found out the motorcyclists take a much different approach to cutting me off or trying to force me into a ditch.

I would drive an M1A2 Abrams if I could get my hands on one. :D

PS:  Do not take your wife to the Butterfly.  It is a place best visited alone or with male friends.  :D

Edit in:  I just noticed that I didn't answer your question about parking.  You will find that motorcycles take up all available motorcycle designated parking areas.  You will find that motorcycles take up all automobile designated parking areas.  Those parking spaces not occupied by motorcycles will be taken up with plastic chairs, mop buckets, flower pots or other such items in order to save the parking place for the store/bar/tailor shop owner who happens to have a street front shop.

When going downtown you can often park in Royal Garden Plaza, Mike's Shopping Mall and several small lots that nobody but me and 7 other people know about.  I do not intend to publicize their locations.

Safety?  Lock it and leave it.  Get theft insurance.

Yes, Chuck, I KNOW I'm gonna LOVE those motorcycle punks! :D I suppose it is illegal to knock them into a building, right? :o:D

By the way, Cobber didn't suggest taking my wife to the Butterfly Bar. He suggested Kuhn John's was a good place to take her for a meal. I think the name alone would be enough to tell me that the Butterfly is NOT a place to enter with a woman! :D

George

The best "spot" in patttaya has been mentioned by Brit already. :D

Brit listed several, Dave. Which one do you consider the best, and why? (PM, if necessary!) :D

George

I think his own place the Blues Factory is the top of his list as well as Brits. :D

DUH! :o I knew Dave owned a bar, but I didn't know that was it. :D I'll be sure to check it out when I get there! :D

George

By the way, Cobber didn't suggest taking my wife to the Butterfly Bar. He suggested Kuhn John's was a good place to take her for a meal. I think the name alone would be enough to tell me that the Butterfly is NOT a place to enter with a woman!  :o

Don't take her to the Black Pearl either... :D

I dropped in there after golf on Saturday for an ale or two and a bit of a rubdown... :D

King Kong soi 6

Fair prices Chang 65baht

Sleazy

Easy-going

No hassles

Dirty girls

George

Anyone have a black light?? - love to see one in the Kong!!! :D:D

there are one or two blacklights in bar but not in loom.

Here's my take on transportation in Pattaya.  I previously owned an Audi with extremely thin skin.  I have since sold it and traded down (so to speak) to a Suzuki Caribean with 2 inch steel pipe surrounding it and front and rear bumpers made of solid iron.  I then smoked my windows so nobody could see my eyes and where I was looking.  I have since found out the motorcyclists take a much different approach to cutting me off or trying to force me into a ditch.

I would drive an M1A2 Abrams if I could get my hands on one. :D

PS:  Do not take your wife to the Butterfly.  It is a place best visited alone or with male friends.  :D

Edit in:  I just noticed that I didn't answer your question about parking.  You will find that motorcycles take up all available motorcycle designated parking areas.  You will find that motorcycles take up all automobile designated parking areas.  Those parking spaces not occupied by motorcycles will be taken up with plastic chairs, mop buckets, flower pots or other such items in order to save the parking place for the store/bar/tailor shop owner who happens to have a street front shop.

When going downtown you can often park in Royal Garden Plaza, Mike's Shopping Mall and several small lots that nobody but me and 7 other people know about.  I do not intend to publicize their locations.

Safety?  Lock it and leave it.  Get theft insurance.

Yes, Chuck, I KNOW I'm gonna LOVE those motorcycle punks! :D I suppose it is illegal to knock them into a building, right? :o:D

By the way, Cobber didn't suggest taking my wife to the Butterfly Bar. He suggested Kuhn John's was a good place to take her for a meal. I think the name alone would be enough to tell me that the Butterfly is NOT a place to enter with a woman! :D

George

George:

Unfortunately, knocking a motorcycle into a building is frowned upon by the authorities. It may be the only traffic law they enforce.

I, too, have a house off of Nern Plub Wan and there is a very good restaurant out there. Excellent Thai and Farang food. Probably the best in Pattaya, in my humble opinion. I am currently in the Middle East but will return in mid-December on a business trip. If you are there then, PM me and I will give you directions to the restaurant.

For all of you Patters Lover(s) list your favourite spots to chill or otherwise. (no particular order)

Shark Bar - soi 0 2nd road, great atmosphere, superb pool table, happy hour 8-10, karaoke and good music, nice friendly staff, classroom gogo girls go there for a drink after work, open into the early hours, showing all football on huge screen, oh and they also serve food....great combination....it's me local

Classroom gogo - soi 2 2nd road, huge place inside, has some of the best looking girls I've seen anywhere, great music (80's stuff) great shows and nice staff, you get well looked after. Also the bar across the street has one of the best bands I've heard in Pattaya, great rock and roll

Shark bar..........can be quiet sometimes but i guess if we can get people to try for a while it would be a blast........possible venue for our next booze up, we'll be well looked after.

Edited by gharknes