Dell Computers

techno

A couple of weeks ago l posted on the froum that l had purchased a Dell Inspiron 5110 on 2 June 2011. After 1 month the hard drive failed and an engineer came to replace it but he reported that the keyboard was not working either. Another 6 days and he comes back with a new keyboard and guess what the computer is still not working. Spoke to Dell Support in BKK and asked them to give me a new computer under the warranty but they said the engineer wanted to take the laptop back to their workshop and try and fix it which may take up to a further 7 days. Dell Support have said they will give me a new laptop if it cannot be repaired but l expressed my anger as l have not use of my new laptop for over a month now. Why do Dell call it "Support"? after the engineer has visited my home twice and could not fix the problem. I clearly have paid a lot of money for a rogue Dell laptop. Always had Compaq before and no problems in 10 years.

Edited by techno

I understand your frustration but 'support' never means replacement, it means finding and fixing problems.

That the engineer has come to your house twice and they want to repair your computer and have said they will give you a new one if they can't fix it sounds like pretty good 'support' to me.

You should have taken it back to where you bought it to have it exchanged for a new one before call Dell support. You have seven ( 7 ) days to exchange most electrical / electronic products for a new one unless stated otherwise at the time of purchase. I exchanged my current Compaq for a new one at Data IT a couple of days after purchase because of noise from the hard drive ( I had a terrible experience from a faulty hard drive with the Acer I had previously ).

You should have taken it back to where you bought it to have it exchanged for a new one before call Dell support. You have seven ( 7 ) days to exchange most electrical / electronic products for a new one unless stated otherwise at the time of purchase. I exchanged my current Compaq for a new one at Data IT a couple of days after purchase because of noise from the hard drive ( I had a terrible experience from a faulty hard drive with the Acer I had previously ).

The problem with the OP occurred after one month.

• 4 months later...

I had problems with my Dell laptop, which I bought in China approx 2 years ago.

So I called Dell in Bangkok on tuesday morning. It looked like the problem might be the harddisc and I told Dell, that the motherboard might have another problem with the sound.

I was told that I would need thai warranty extension for 1 year service in Thailand, costs around 3.500 THB, otherwise I would have guarantee on parts only.

I agreed and was informed that the engineer will call me the next day (wednesday) before lunch.

As announced I received his call yesterday around 9AM, saying he will be at my place around 4PM. He arrived at 15:30 and replaced harddisc and motherboard including transfer of OS, programs and my data.

Yesterday evening my laptop was working again.

Called service in BKK at tuesday morning, had it repaired wednesday eve in Hua Hin.

Thats what I call service, definitely my next computer will be a Dell after such experience.

i have a problem with n5110 as well. They want you to call, in which they forward you to malaysia office. First it was my built-in bluetooth was not working. Now the network card does not work.

Online, their form to fill out support request do not work, indicating they prefer not to have anything in writing. Ive told them 3 times that their service tag/support request do not work online. They ignore/refuse to acknoledge it. Dell USA initially acknowledged it, but backed off and I never heard from them since.

I'll get back on the phone and see what happens.

i have a problem with n5110 as well. They want you to call, in which they forward you to malaysia office

So much for Thailand being the "IT hub" of the region :whistling:

Although to be honest, it's been a while since I last heard a politician utter such nonsense. We've had the "air travel hub" and now the "shopping hub" since then.