New Toyota Camry 2012

shariq607

The 2007 presented in Thailand 2006 looked IMHO great for a boring sedan. Ordered it on the spot, in white pearl. The new one looks boring with a blend of classic and "hybrid" design, and if dynamics (steering and suspension) is same as 2007, its become really dated. Teana and Accord simply performs much better

The 2007 presented in Thailand 2006 looked IMHO great for a boring sedan. Ordered it on the spot, in white pearl. The new one looks boring with a blend of classic and "hybrid" design, and if dynamics (steering and suspension) is same as 2007, its become really dated. Teana and Accord simply performs much better

i dont think so the dynamics are same as 2007 camry.

in fact toyota plus many car magazine reviewers said handling is better then ever and on top spot

also toyota during the launch mentioned there development focus also included handling plus they said they were also aiming the camries at younger crowd

not sure if thai version will be getting the same dynamics as the us version hopefully it will

i dont think so the dynamics are same as 2007 camry.

in fact toyota plus many car magazine reviewers said handling is better then ever and on top spot

also toyota during the launch mentioned there development focus also included handling plus they said they were also aiming the camries at younger crowd

not sure if thai version will be getting the same dynamics as the us version hopefully it will

Thai edition usually gets US handling and US low octane/power spec. Honda Accord Euro spec handles better than Accord Thai/US spec. As Camry will not be marketed in Europe, I dont have much hope for its handling/steering

I like the Camry's they seem to sit right and look in proportion compared to Accord and Teana, IMO.

Ausies get the better ones as usual.:annoyed:

post-87530-0-26035000-1314504498_thumb.j

That's an Aurion, which looks similar to the Thai market Camry, but isn't a Camry - Aussies also have the Camry, but theirs looks like the US version.

I like the Camry's they seem to sit right and look in proportion compared to Accord and Teana, IMO.

That's an Aurion, which looks similar to the Thai market Camry, but isn't a Camry - Aussies also have the Camry, but theirs looks like the US version.

You may find the wording of this site interesting.

Toyota sells two versions of the Camry. One is known internally as the global Camry, a smaller model designed for Japan, North America, Latin America and the Middle East, where it is positioned as a mainstream mid-size sedan, often playing the role of a sales volume champion for Toyota in mature markets that has outgrown a Corolla.

The other model is known as the flagship Camry, a larger, more luxurious model designed to cater mainly to Asian markets like China, Taiwan and ASEAN trade bloc states Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam. In these markets, the larger Camry is sold as a pseudo-luxury model, slotting just below premium brands like Mercedes and BMW.

The same car is also sold as the Aurion in Australia, New Zealand and parts of the Middle East. In these markets, the Aurion V6 is sold alongside a (global) Camry and was originally meant to challenge traditional large RWD sedans like the Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore which are hugely popular in Australia as well as the Chevrolet Lumina / Pontiac G8 in the Middle East. But so far, sales of the Aurion have been lackluster.

Toyota sells two versions of the Camry. One is known internally as the global Camry, a smaller model designed for Japan, North America, Latin America and the Middle East, where it is positioned as a mainstream mid-size sedan, often playing the role of a sales volume champion for Toyota in mature markets that has outgrown a Corolla.

The other model is known as the flagship Camry, a larger, more luxurious model designed to cater mainly to Asian markets like China, Taiwan and ASEAN trade bloc states Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam. In these markets, the larger Camry is sold as a pseudo-luxury model, slotting just below premium brands like Mercedes and BMW.

The same car is also sold as the Aurion in Australia, New Zealand and parts of the Middle East. In these markets, the Aurion V6 is sold alongside a (global) Camry and was originally meant to challenge traditional large RWD sedans like the Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore which are hugely popular in Australia as well as the Chevrolet Lumina / Pontiac G8 in the Middle East. But so far, sales of the Aurion have been lackluster.

Not sure why you think I'd find that interesting, considering I'm a director of one of the leading automotive data companies in the world :)

But up until last year you *could* buy a V6 Camry ("Aurion") here in TH, it just would have cost you 2.9M Baht. But struggling to sell just 2 units/month tough, they finally canned it earlier this year.

Not sure why you think I'd find that interesting, considering I'm a director of one of the leading automotive data companies in the world :)

But up until last year you *could* buy a V6 Camry ("Aurion") here in TH, it just would have cost you 2.9M Baht. But struggling to sell just 2 units/month tough, they finally canned it earlier this year.

Does the fact that the new Camry is now being introduced in the US suggest that the new Camry will/may be available in Thailand earlier than was previously indicated, November 2012 I believe? Thanks.

That maybe but with respect the point I was trying to make was the Camry is made in two sizes, I did not know that.:)

• 1 month later...

the new Camry will be available in Thailand in Q4 2011 ---> Bangkok motor show

I thought hat that the Bangkok motor show was in April and not in the end of the year.

I asked the Toyota dealer when the new Camry would come but they only could tell me sometime next year. :(

:rolleyes: Never liked the Snout Front end , shades of the Vios Pug Face.Personally i like the Camry ,my Wife doesn't, because the Honda Reception and Toilets are cleaner, and Honda Reception isn't full of Tuna Medallion Men trying to chat her up. Strange bloody reason to me.I do wish they would stop this New <deleted>.i see New, click it and you need a Microscope to spot the difference....

This is not the version Thailand will be getting, thankfully.. ;)

Here's what the Thai version will look like:

14933802.jpg

52941705.jpg

The US market version looks like they stepped back in time 15 years and refreshed the 1996 XV20 model :blink:

guys .

whats the price of a current model camry in thailand .james

the new Camry will be available in Thailand in Q4 2011 ---> Bangkok motor show

I thought hat that the Bangkok motor show was in April and not in the end of the year.

I asked the Toyota dealer when the new Camry would come but they only could tell me sometime next year. :(

There's two major motor shows each year in TH - Nov/Dec and Mar/Apr

And yes, there's no way the new Camry will be available this year.

The new Hyundai Sonata looks much better

Yes, but once bitten, twice shy for all the Thai's and expats that remember the brand's history here.

guys .

whats the price of a current model camry in thailand .james

http://www.toyota.co.th/newweb/lite/product-detail.php?model=camry&opt=grades

Does anyone have any details of the BKK Motor Show in Nov/Dec? Tried Google but can only find info on the one earlier in the year

It's called the Thailand International Motor Expo, and it runs from the 1st-12th of December 2011 (but also opens on the 29th and 30th of Nov for VIP's/Press), and is staged at Impact Challenger 1-3 Muang Thong Thani.