Cambodian Visa 100Thb Extra Charge

From the official website: http://www.mfaic.gov...estimonial.aspx

status03s.gif Please comment our visa online (e-Visa) service with your experiences in order to serve you better in the future.

• -What do you think about e-Visa homepage and application process?
  • -Are you satisfied with:
    • e-Visa customer services?
    • e-Visa Immigration clearance?

[*]-Would you recommend e-Visa to your family and friends?[*]- Do you have any suggestion to help us to improve e-Visa service?

(OR send your comment to e-mail: [email protected])

Just for the ThaiVisa.com record: I used the e-Visa often, both at Poi Pet land border and at PNH airport. Never had any problem, never did an officer ask for extra money.

I now have a one-year multiple entry visa, so this does not apply any more. I am in Cambodia about once a month, and I don't have problems with this visa either.

Tom, I am looking to get a one year multiple extension next month. Any advice ? I am probably going to cross at Koh Kong and then arrange the 12m extension in Sihanoukville.

You need to enter Cambodia on an "Ordinary Visa" (formerly called "Business Visa"). You cannot get this online, you'll have to apply for it at the Embassy; you can also get it for US$ 25 at PNH airport, I don't know about Koh Kong.

With this visa (not a tourist visa) in your passport, you go to a travel agent in Cambodia (I can recommend one in Phnom Penh), and they will get you a 12-month Extension of Stay with Multiple Re-entry.

That's what I did. My passport has expired in the meantime; no need to transfer the visa, just bring the expired passport (with the visa, which is still valid) and the new passport (to get the stamp).

This is just commonplace. At Poipet, I hand the 100 baht over with a 20 dollar note. They really do expedite processing. It really pissed off a group of backpackers who were arguing to get the $20 price when they saw my visa issued immediately. I waved hello when I was walking back on my visa run. They weren't too happy!

A pretty standard scam. At the 1200 baht scam price, that is ripping off a 20$ extra charge. I always simply refuse to pay, saying politely that if that is not acceptable, I will take it up with the tourism dept. in PP. They then said they had no money and needed extra. I then told them if they were getting between 5 and 20 dollars from every single border crosser, that that was a lot of money. He smiled and gave me my visa for $ 20.

That's very brave of you, i don't know if I'd have the gut to say this... but very interesting thanks !

It's quite infuriating, they could just ask us for anything they like and we can't do anything about it ?

Thats a fact, a friend of mine was charged 9000 baht at Hua Hin immigration to do his retierment visa and he had all the correct paperwork , should have been 1900. get used to being ripped off is the only answer.

Depending on which entry point you used,you were lucky to get away with the $20 charge ,Had Lek and Poipet usually insist on 1200 baht.

Poipet has a habit of refusing to give you an entry /departure card insisting that they fill it in for you for a 100 baht fee.

Just another scam.

If you are intending to go to Cambodia via Poipet, AVOID the crooks that wait like hawks

and tell you that you only get Cambodian visa now on the Thai side of the border and charge you 1200bath.

Just ignore them and walk over to the Cambodian side, pay your $20 and of you go.

I have been just recently and fell for those crooks also, because they told me that the rules have changed.

bullshit nothing has changed, it is just another rip off, Good luck.

It's all so confusing there, but I think I was actually on the Cambodian border and did ignore the people offering me Visas

Having made quite a few visa runs to Cambodia, I have just returned from Poi-pet after using my first e-visa. It's definitely the way to go. Went straight to Cambodia arrival, obtained an arrival/departure form (plus a spare one for next time), filled it in, entered Cambodia, walked straight across the road to depart Cambodia and then back into Thailand. The whole process from parking the car to returning to the car with duty free took less than 40 minutes. And it was a good feeling walking past all those "helpers" knowing I had my VISA already, and never had to let my passport go out of my sight.

Having made quite a few visa runs to Cambodia, I have just returned from Poi-pet after using my first e-visa. It's definitely the way to go. Went straight to Cambodia arrival, obtained an arrival/departure form (plus a spare one for next time), filled it in, entered Cambodia, walked straight across the road to depart Cambodia and then back into Thailand. The whole process from parking the car to returning to the car with duty free took less than 40 minutes. And it was a good feeling walking past all those "helpers" knowing I had my VISA already, and never had to let my passport go out of my sight.

Well consider yourself lucky, last week the queue to get back to Thailand alone was over an hour..It was around noon

Well consider yourself lucky, last week the queue to get back to Thailand alone was over an hour..It was around noon

Yes, I understand. Fortunately I was with my Thai wife so was able to re-enter Thailand in the Thai Passport queue. Well there was no queue actually. I would guess the Foreign passport queue was only about 10 minutes though. You may also find the queues shorter later in the day. I made my trip on Saturday. Don't know if week days are worse?

It's quite infuriating, they could just ask us for anything they like and we can't do anything about it ?

Trying saying NO!, I do whenever asked for more than the standard fee they look at me then each other finally they realise I am not going to pay and complete my Visa.

Trying saying NO!, I do whenever asked for more than the standard fee they look at me then each other finally they realise I am not going to pay and complete my Visa.

Thanks I did not realize it was an option ...I figured I would end up in a dark cell for years :)

Thanks I did not realize it was an option ...I figured I would end up in a dark cell for years :)

Given the current trend and the way some foreigners seems to condone any sort of extortions/crime, it would not be long until the bad boys realize they can push even further their tricks, i can't wait to see the new comments: " Hey but what do you complaint for? they will be carefull in choosing your prison cell and even speak to you! if you don't like it why don't you go back?" ....maybe that was just what someone was trying to do by passing the border :D

That's the right way to act. However, many tourists fall for the scam, because they don't know any better. What do we do with that?