Cm Law Office Wanted

chiang mai

I'm not sure why, maybe it was the previous exchange, but I've received four recommendations for lawyers to certify documents via PM's - it's slightly surreal and kinda defeats the purpose of information sharing on a social networking site but thanks nevertheless, I have what I need.

I'm not sure why, maybe it was the previous exchange, but I've received four recommendations for lawyers to certify documents via PM's - it's slightly surreal and kinda defeats the purpose of information sharing on a social networking site but thanks nevertheless, I have what I need.

Can you share the recommendations or are they confidential. I could use a few names and addresses for notary/certification services. Thanks.

When dealing with a U.S. bank a while back, I used a Bangkok Bank branch manager to to stamps and sign the documents. This was my branch so the manager was willing to do so, and it was at no cost. The U.S. bank accepted it even though it did not specifically state NOTARY OF THE REPUBLIC or some such statement. Apparently the bank stamps and signatures were sufficient.

Your mileage may differ.

The problem is Thailand is not a signatory to the international agreements on Notary publics.

I have had many things certified here, thats simple. Finding a place to do notarized documents is harder, places will do it but a USA financial institution and secondly the US federal government would neither accept any Thai lawyers 'notarized' docs. In the end I had to schlep to bangkok and have it done at my embassy.

Certified is usually easy and ranges from 500b to almost 2k per page with the more farang focused ones.

Can you share the recommendations or are they confidential. I could use a few names and addresses for notary/certification services. Thanks.

Sharing the information had been one of the objectives at the outset but poster Paagai seems to have driven posters under cover for some reason, very odd behavior - perhaps rather than share the information I've received via PM's I can leave it to the people who PM'd me to PM you with the same information also? If it helps any I'm most likely to use Sunbelt since they are a known entity and I know where they are located.

Sharing the information had been one of the objectives at the outset but poster Paagai seems to have driven posters under cover for some reason, very odd behavior - perhaps rather than share the information I've received via PM's I can leave it to the people who PM'd me to PM you with the same information also? If it helps any I'm most likely to use Sunbelt since they are a known entity and I know where they are located.

You may find the reason people are less than enthusastic to help you is there was already another thread running on the front page of the forum asking a similar question Does Anyone Know Of Any Good Lawyers In Chiang Mai? It would have provided you a ready answer to your question and there have been many similar threads in recent months as a quick search would tell you.

You may find the reason people are less than enthusastic to help you is there was already another thread running on the front page of the forum asking a similar question Does Anyone Know Of Any Good Lawyers In Chiang Mai? It would have provided you a ready answer to your question and there have been many similar threads in recent months as a quick search would tell you.

On the contrary Paagai, I received five PMS's from various posters all recommending different law firms or businesses where I can get documents certified, unfortunately those posters chose not to share their recommendations with the forum which is a loss to others.

I had not noticed the separate thread running with a similar title, albeit that poster and I were looking for somewhat different things. Perhaps rather than simply telling people to do a search or to go google, a slightly more helpful and constructive response would have helped everyone. Regardless, I now have my certified copies, didn't use Sunbelt in the end because I thought their charges were excessive, since when has it been more expensive to certify a copy of a passport in Chiang Mai than it is in Patong, almost twice the cost, outrageous. But I did go to Star Visa near the US embassy and those guys were really good, would happily use them again.

Legal and Business Associates 3rd floor hillside condo4 did it today for 500 Baht per notary stamp, last time I went to Star Visa it was more costly than that. How much was it today?

Today was a negotiated 700 baht each based on two documents, down from 1k each - have to admit though they did a great job of scanning, inserting the verbiage that I specified, ordered the lawyer to attend at a a specific time in order to stamp and sign etc etc, all pretty seamless and efficient. Having said those things, I'll try your guy next time!