What Bank Do You Use In Bkk ?

What Bank do you use in BKK ?   

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What Bank do you use in BKK ?

I like one with ACH or low cost transfers from<-> USA ; looks like I can open a HSBC USA account, and after moving to bkk, either convert it to a local account or use the HSBC to do ACH transfers but to which local bank and why; lowest ATM cost, easiest to find ATMs , best internet for farangs , best internet security etc .....

I've been with Bangkok Bank for six years with no real issues although others have reported problems. That said, my major banking activities are offshore in Luxembourg.

The choice of BKK Bank was purely accidental, there was a branch in the building where my first employer had his office.

looks like I can open a HSBC USA account, and after moving to bkk, either convert it to a local account or use the HSBC to do ACH transfers but to which local bank and why; lowest ATM cost, easiest to find ATMs , best internet for farangs , best internet security etc .....

Yeah. That's what HSBC told me back home. Apparently, it is true for many HSBC branches around the world, but doesn't really apply to Thailand:

Although I've been HSBC Premier customers for years in France, HSBC Thailand required me to keep an amazing amount of money on a simple savings account just so that I don't have to pay fees for the account (I'm not talking about having a credit card or anything, just an account).

My understanding is that this is related to foreign banking regulations in Thailand.

Bangkok bank has always been reliable and relatively cheap for my international transfers, so I'll continue with them.

Bangkok Bank!They have a New York branch,and "DD" direct deposit to your savings acct. is cheap,fast,& no problems(Main branch Silom English speaking staff for "US" farangs),that would be us,not(USA)...LOL!I have had both K-Bank & SCB for three years,and the service has not been good(in my case)I also got the Internet banking set up for free.

Bangkok Bank...I've been with them for around a half dozen years....the wife longer...and the wife's mom forever. I have a regular savings accounts with full ATM/Debit/iBanking privileges, a Direct Deposit savings account needed for U.S. govt pension deposits although I don't use it for pension deposits anymore, and just today I opened a 11 month Fixed Saving Account at 3.75%p.a. as a home to my emergency money and my yearly retirement extension of stay money. All three accounts opened at three different branches. And Bangkok Bank has ACH capability via their NY branch for wire transfers which means a person don't have to use the pricey SWIFT method. Bangkok Bank has been a fine bank.