Poor Bike Washing Service At Pattaya Tai Gasoline Station

poanoi

They didn't have enough soap to wash off bird shit off my bike, and it wasn't that they couldn't see it, because the white bird shit was in sharp contrast to my black box, it was also contrasting against the chrome.

The cost was 80-90 baht, and i didn't have change so gave a 100 baht bill, they suggested the remaining money should be tip, which i agreed on. -After all they obviously can't afford soap as it is, so i suggest everyone give em a good tip so perhaps one day they can afford enough soap to do the job

For comparison. I just paid 9 USD to have my car washed/Super wash with Triple Wax at the car wash in the USA. Car looked good after wash. However, it is a 2012 model.

Are you suggesting it is ok for a company to do a sub standard job if it is an older model ?

If you have been in Thailand more then a month you should know that you should have:

1) Not paid until you saw the job

2) Pointed at the crap and told them to clean it until your happy (Most of these places have a working Boss so to speak) and just not paid until it was clean

3) Sorry but why would you give a tip before you saw the bike?

I have to say that after many years in Thailand I still love the job most wash places do to my truck and my bike. I cant believe how my bike looks after they are done for what, 50 - 60 baht.

1) Not paid until you saw the job

3) Sorry but why would you give a tip before you saw the bike?

Don't you think i questioned myself ?

Only answer i can come up with is i come from a country with no bad habit of giving tip at all,

so my inexperience messes up the whole thing, and i'm trying to get back to my old custom of not giving tip whatsoever

As a matter of fact i used to have a note inside my door reminding me 1 not to give tip 2 never pay until service completed, looks like i have to make a new note :whistling:

Edited by poanoi

whit all respect...

because of people like you they will get more lasier then they already are....

in foreinger countries the costs of living are way higher then here,so the falang dont care about a 400 bath fine,or 20 bath tip...

these guys at the shell...dont do their job good,and they get tip.....

why should they give a better service?....(in their thoughts)

no hard feelings,

come over to soi khao talo at my hamburgershop.....i also want a tip,but I will make the tip worth it!!

whit all respect...

in foreinger countries the costs of living are way higher then here,so the falang dont care about a 400 bath fine,or 20 bath tip...

no hard feelings,

come over to soi khao talo at my hamburgershop.....i also want a tip,but I will make the tip worth it!!

You saying,for the tip you will wash the bike while I'm ordering a hamburger?

whit all respect...

no hard feelings,

You saying,for the tip you will wash the bike while I'm ordering a hamburger?

nee...verkeerd begrepen..

what i ment whas that i would do my best to sell you a decent burger,...if falangs are already costumed to give a tip...this is what these shell carwashers don't do,they wont give a f....if the costumers happy or not...

not a discussion worth...just an opinion