Chiang Mai Locations For Upholstery For Motorcycle Seat

vacationman

Hey TV Friends,

Looking for Upholstery locations in Chiang Mai where I can get a Motorcycle

Seat and Backrest recovered.

And Or locations where we can purchase the Upholstery Supplies such as:

Foam, Button Cover Screws, and Waterproof Materials.

If you recommend a place , please try to give directions to allow us to locate it.

Thanks alot as always for your help.

Edited by vacationman

Funny you should ask this; I was on Chang Moi Rd. at the famous helmet shop yesterday buying something.

You know the one, just before TMB.

When I left the shop, I swear I saw a shop on the other side of Chang Moi (north side) with lots of hanging motorsai seats. So it subliminally registered as a place that did re-upholstery of motorsai seats.

Today I needed to go that way for something else on that street, and at the last moment near the helmet shop looked for it...couldn't find it. Probably passed it.

I also need to do this on my bike. Foam breaks down over time and the seat becomes as hard as a rock.

Perhaps someone else can help with this?

A couple of fairly good bike seat upholstery shops, the first is down Wua Lai Rd on the right coming from the moat opposite the white orphanage and just before the Bull on the left. The bull is some kind of large concrete animal on a pedestal next to the road!

Another shop is on Choeron Rat rd(the old Lampun rd) heading south about 100 mtrs past Rim Ping supermarket.

I have used both of these places and the workmanship seems very good.

A couple of fairly good bike seat upholstery shops, the first is down Wua Lai Rd on the right coming from the moat opposite the white orphanage and just before the Bull on the left. The bull is some kind of large concrete animal on a pedestal next to the road!

Another shop is on Choeron Rat rd(the old Lampun rd) heading south about 100 mtrs past Rim Ping supermarket.

I have used both of these places and the workmanship seems very good.

Thanks for the reply guys... will check it out.

Funny you should ask this; I was on Chang Moi Rd. at the famous helmet shop yesterday buying something.

You know the one, just before TMB.

When I left the shop, I swear I saw a shop on the other side of Chang Moi (north side) with lots of hanging motorsai seats. So it subliminally registered as a place that did re-upholstery of motorsai seats.

Today I needed to go that way for something else on that street, and at the last moment near the helmet shop looked for it...couldn't find it. Probably passed it.

I also need to do this on my bike. Foam breaks down over time and the seat becomes as hard as a rock.

Perhaps someone else can help with this?

It's after the small bridge on the left side at the corner.

I have attached a guy's business card -- both front and back, both English and Thai. You'll see a map on the back. This guy does absolutely beautiful work. I learned about him from raves he received on the Golden Triangle Riders Forum. He has a variety of foams (a firmer foam is actually superior). What's more he will work with you if you have specific things you want to do to your seat. Custom seat making is NOT an art; it is a science. I have yet to see a Thai seat maker that had any understanding of the science, but if you learn the science, you can guide the maker (or do some of the shaping yourself, which I did) and come out with a custom seat that would cost you $500 in the States. A good seat is the difference between riding 100 kilometers with some pain or 800 kilometers straight -- pain free. I imported a gel pad for my seat (could not find one here) and this guy and I put it in with me supervising. After the seat was structured to my satisfaction, he took over with his art of upholstery and out came a beautiful product. If you see this guy, you can tell him the farang with the Kawa ER6n from Phit'lok sent you.

If you want to learn about the science of custom seat construction you will find some very good instruction here: http://www.scribd.co...eat-Customizing

It appears that TV unfortunately butchers the missle of URL's. This is what follows the www: scribd.com/doc/25618568/DIY-Motrcycle-Seat-Customizing

I guess you can cut and paste.

post-74366-0-82294500-1318475165_thumb.j

There's a place on Chang Puek Soi 4 that always has piles of car and bike seats outside and looks busy - no idea about what the cost/quality is. Opposite the big open area with several bars in front of the Playhouse and just near the Soi with the sign for "Venus Love Hotel" :rolleyes:

Myself and many of the riders up here use a guy on the river rd, past Dukes area heading south, and before the tara bar area.. Hes in the shop houses on the left just near the vespa guy..

Superb work, seen him do everything from customizing dirtbike seats to complex multi level touring saddles with different types of foam for different sections.

re ... a guy on the river rd, past Dukes area heading south, and before the tara bar area.. Hes in the shop houses on the left just near the vespa guy..

total coincidence ... i remembered the ops post and walked past both these shops today and took pics of the seat repairer

intending to reply to the op coz that looked like quality work to me

the vespa shop was for my files

enjoy ... dave2

post-42592-0-22542500-1318515146_thumb.j

post-42592-0-40970100-1318515183_thumb.j

post-42592-0-95321300-1318515210_thumb.j

re ... a guy on the river rd, past Dukes area heading south, and before the tara bar area.. Hes in the shop houses on the left just near the vespa guy..

total coincidence ... i remembered the ops post and walked past both these shops today and took pics of the seat repairer

intending to reply to the op coz that looked like quality work to me

the vespa shop was for my files

enjoy ... dave2

Thats him, superb work, very impressed.

@ TongueThaied

you got the man I've been looking for, I'm riding a big scooter, which after 5 years and over 100.000km needs just that: upholstering.

1. what is the right size of gel pad? Got a link where to order from, delivery here?

2. your web site is very helpful indeed, because it told me what parts can hurt, e.g the Ischium bone. I wouldn't have known what to ask for, just saying make it better isn't good enough.

3. Guess, you don't know if the new seat is really for you, how much time/hours do you need for testing?