Chiang Mai Golf

stuartd1

I am visiting CM for four months, holiday/residence recce, starting December and have a couple of golf related questions, any feedback appreciated.

I will be looking for a golfing group to play with, reasonably informal though I do like to keep to the R&A rules. Sense of humour essential! Any suggestions?

Looking at other topics there seems to be a differentiation in pricing between Thai residents and visitors. Is there any way round this?

http:// chiangmaigolfers.blogspot.com/

To get Thai resident prices-become a Thai resident.

He asked for a way around it.

I think if you go through a tour company, you can probably get something close to the local rate,,, they might skim a couple hundred baht off the top..

If you were to play at highlands, you could maybe get a member to sign you in, or some other regular.. Another option, the royal league I think gets a local rate.. They play there on monday and thursday. And they play competitively and by the rules as well. I know a guy who plays in it named Graham, and he's very cool. This is actually probably your best option.

I would think if you tried to get a local rate at Gassan, you probably could as well. They're desperate for customers.

If you want to play Alpine, I and others can get you on at the member guest rate. I'm not sure what that is in the high season, but I can find out. (Alpine and Highlands are both must play courses.)

I also think if you show up with a Thai, they might give you the local rate as well.

I hope this helps, PM me if you have any questions.

PS, I don't play R&A rules. I make them up as I go along. :)

Hi,

This local agent have new groups coming in all the time, wich I use frequently, because I don't have a car (yet) : http://www.thaiteeoffservice.com/golf_information.asp

I have been here for a year now, and played with many different people from all over the world, (by joining Thaiteeoffservice groups) and now when some of them are returning to Chiangmai they contact me directly and want to

play with me again. It's fun to meet new people all the time so I find this way very useful for now. The prices he charge is maybe not residentfee, but still affordable.

Try it out and good luck !

Hi,

This local agent have new groups coming in all the time, wich I use frequently, because I don't have a car (yet) : http://www.thaiteeof...information.asp

I have been here for a year now, and played with many different people from all over the world, (by joining Thaiteeoffservice groups) and now when some of them are returning to Chiangmai they contact me directly and want to

play with me again. It's fun to meet new people all the time so I find this way very useful for now. The prices he charge is maybe not residentfee, but still affordable.

Try it out and good luck !

Way out of resident prices.

Lake city : been playing for 500 baht inc -here is showing 2K

Gold Canyon: resident to end of this month 600 baht inc here showing 1800

I didn't bother checking the other prices, but perhaps an acceptable service for some.No doubt much cheaper than Korea/Japan etc.

Saw them -TeeOff Service at Hang Dong which is 320 baht inc -guess their price will be around 800 baht?

I did not include round trip costs in the above and I am guessing the prices shown are low season prices?