Has The Floods Affected The International Incoming Mail

chrisjohn66

Hi

I am waiting to receive an important small mail package from UK.

It was sent via the Royal Mail "International Signed For" service and was posted last Friday 16.30.

I have reference number starting with RJ and ending with GB.

I am able to track it from the Royal mail website, it just says it has arrived in Thailand for posting.

I am still waiting for it, I have tried at the local post office and they can find no detail when they input my number on their system.

Has the floods affected the incoming international mail?

Is there any was I can trace it? I live upcountry.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks in advance

On average 50% of my incoming mail gets stolen, I only mail out even birthday cards registered and 30% dont make it, Iguess its the English writing

-------------

I've had 7 known pieces of international mail sent to me here in the last 18 months (roughly) that I've been living here in Bangkok...and 5 of them have been delivered to my door by the Thai postman.

None were regstered...but I figure 5 out of 7 isn't bad.

Does take time though...it isn't fast.

All the addresses were in English letters.

:rolleyes:

We sent a small package on Monday 31st Oct from Uk to Lamphun. Not arrived yet

We have sent small parcels and cards over the past two years and All have arrived. But they do take time. usualy 7 to 10 days.

I thought I saw on in the News section here on TV a couple of days ago that the floods are having a effect on mail and that it is taking 3 or 4 days longer.

Maybe will take 14 days. Don't worry yet if you sent it less than 2 weeks ago. I will post if and when it arrives.

Address was in Thai

Edited by kennkate

On average 50% of my incoming mail gets stolen, I only mail out even birthday cards registered and 30% dont make it, Iguess its the English writing

-------------

I've had 7 known pieces of international mail sent to me here in the last 18 months (roughly) that I've been living here in Bangkok...and 5 of them have been delivered to my door by the Thai postman.

None were regstered...but I figure 5 out of 7 isn't bad.

Does take time though...it isn't fast.

All the addresses were in English letters.

:rolleyes:

I have had very little mail go missing in Bkk in 22 years. I once even received a package of 6 gold sovereigns bought in a a UK auction arrive by mail from the UK. The company was supposed to send them to my address in the UK but sent them here by mistake. One or two letters have come by sea and taken months and things have gone to Taiwan by mistake first.

Box of cigars from Hong Kong sent on 19th was received and collected at Phrakhanong PO 3 days later, no worries. Second box shipped on 24th, arrived on 25th, the day I buggered off to Scotland. Just got back and the notice from the PO was received 26th. I will swim down there manana and collect it!

So that is Hong Kong SpeedPost/Thai EMS to Bangkok. Up country deliveries in Thailand has always been a bit of a lottery. I usually bite the bullet and use FedEx or DHL for stuff coming from further afield and going beyond Bangkok.

Edited by NanLaew

I had a wristwatch shipped from an amazon.com vendor in the US on 19 October and the parcel arrived at my Suphanburi P.O. box on or about 28 October using US Postal Service International Express Mail...cost USD230 with shipping and paid thb1000 at the thai post office for duty/fees...

We sent a small package on Monday 31st Oct from Uk to Lamphun. Not arrived yet

We have sent small parcels and cards over the past two years and All have arrived. But they do take time. usualy 7 to 10 days.

I thought I saw on in the News section here on TV a couple of days ago that the floods are having a effect on mail and that it is taking 3 or 4 days longer.

Maybe will take 14 days. Don't worry yet if you sent it less than 2 weeks ago. I will post if and when it arrives.

Address was in Thai

(Update) Parcel arrived in Lamphun today Monday 7th Nov.