Electric Powered Wheel Chair

jimmym40

There is one kind of new place that sells wheelchairs, hospital beds and other ambulatory items. I do not recall the name of the place but if you came out of the old city and crossed the Nakornping Bridge [by the US Consulate] and drove east like you were going to the Arcade Bus Station, it would be located on the left hand corner just as you go through the traffic light, just before turning right into the Arcade.

They have a lot of those type of needs there

Worth a try at least.

You may be interested in Googleing up IBOT. Pretty interesting.

G

As an electric wheelchair user I would say CM is not the best place to use one. Most of the ones here are lowpowered inside use only types.

If you have one you may need a hoist too. THe cost round 100000baht in Chonburi. I have one on my vigo.

THe motorcycle with sidecar and a manual chair could be the best bet here.

If you need further PM me.

Edited by harrry

As an electric wheelchair user I would say CM is not the best place to use one. Most of the ones here are lowpowered inside use only types.

If you have one you may need a hoist too. THe cost round 100000baht in Chonburi. I have one on my vigo.

Thanks for the input Harry. However, the chair is for my wife, 65 yrs old (Thai, only 5 ft and 109 lbs), also suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and both knees are completely inoperable. It'll be used almost exclusively for indoor use so doesn't have to be very powerful or even look that great. In case someone knows where these expert fabricators may be able to assemble one from scratch.... who knows.

Thanks for the input Harry. However, the chair is for my wife, 65 yrs old (Thai, only 5 ft and 109 lbs), also suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and both knees are completely inoperable. It'll be used almost exclusively for indoor use so doesn't have to be very powerful or even look that great. In case someone knows where these expert fabricators may be able to assemble one from scratch.... who knows.

In that case make some enqiries at a Nissan dealer. I know Siam Motors in Bangkok sell one for round 60000baht and have services. Very hard to find on the web. If I find it again I will let you know. I know Siam Motors are well known for wheelchair action.,

Edited by harrry