Home Insurance

teemuj

I have a 5-year 'Condo Safe' insurance policy from MSIG. This is quite a funny story, it happened last year, but I'd be interested in what other member's opinions were; my condo has cheap single-pane aluminium framed windows and although I didn't witness it, one of the guards said a fight between school kids had broken out in the car park of the adjacent supermarket, and that explained how a bullet had broken my window. I know, it sounds like I live in the ghetto - it was the weirdest thing, the bullet had broken the glass but not had the energy to break through the curtain. Freaky.

Anyway, I went to the police station to get a statement with the help of the condo management company and then called up the MSIG rep and she was like, the policy doesn't cover windows. Isn't that weird? I own the condo, but the windows remain the property of the juristic person apparently. Okay, so I asked the management company to contact the condo's insurance and they said that they wouldn't cover it either. So in the end I just paid a window company to fix it for ฿1000. Then to add insult to injury, it leaked after raining because, and get this, the window company had replaced the glass but not sealed it with sealant! I mean you just kind of assume they would as part of the job. So the management company came with sealant.

This Is Thailand.