What A Day For Kiwi Sport- Grand Slam Rugby

chuchok

League: Kiwis crush Kangaroos

27.11.05 10.00am

New Zealand have completed a stunning victory in the final of league's Tri-series in Leeds.

The Kiwis have smashed Australia 24-nil, running in four unanswered tries against the defending champions.

Manu Vatuvei scored twice, while Paul Whatuira and Brent Webb also dotted down.

Stacey Jones added the extra points with his boot.

New Zealand led 16-nil at halftime.

All Blacks nail Grand Slam

27.11.05 7.00am

EDINBURGH - It wasn't pretty but the All Blacks still had too much class for Scotland, winning 29-10 today to complete just their second rugby Grand Slam in 100 years of trying.

In their most unconvincing performance of the tour, the All Blacks scored three first half tries to lead 22-3 at the break but couldn't score a fourth until six minutes from the end.

Wing Rico Gear scored two tries to go with his hat-trick against Wales, while Scotland -- still chasing their first win over the All Blacks -- got a consolation try one minute before fulltime to replacement Simon Webster.

While the largely second string All Blacks made plenty of handling errors, their defence was again almost unbreakable until Webster's try from a grubber kick.

The tourists conceded just three tries in five hours and 20 minutes of rugby on tour as they repeated the feat of Graham Mourie's 1978 side.

Amid unconfirmed reports it would be captain Tana Umaga's farewell test, the All Blacks signalled their intentions from the start with Nick Evans setting the backline alight, Joe Rokocoko bursting down the left touch but then dropping an in-pass from Umaga.

Some handling errors on attack by the visitors kept a spirited Scotland team in the game, along with a rash of penalties from Welsh referee Nigel Whitehouse.

After an early Chris Paterson penalty, the All Blacks hit the lead in the eighth minute when a huge scrum saw Piri Weepu run blind and grubber through for Gear to score.

Scotland had a royal chance to score soon after when there was confusion between Gear and debutante Isaia Toeava at the back, Scotland won the lineout and drove over the line but the ball was held up.

It was all New Zealand for the rest of the half -- Evans strolling over under the posts in the 18th minute after several phases of sustained pressure, then setting up a great try seven minutes before the break.

The Otago pivot burst through from a ruck 10m from his own line, flanker Angus Macdonald handled twice; Evans cross-kicked to Toeava, lock James Ryan juggled then slapped the ball back to Sione Lauaki who plunged over.

The second half was again punctuated by handling errors and Scotland had chances to score but the All Blacks forwards, with Chris Jack and Macdonald prominent figures, held firm against several lineout drives.

Coach Graham Henry cleared his bench midway through the second half, and things finally clicked when Ma'a Nonu sparked a raid, lock Jason Eaton ran 15m and sent an in-pass to Gear to make the game safe.

In what could have been his farewell test, Umaga again made some uncharacteristic handling errors but defended strongly.

His team hugged each other in relief at the end and Umaga was presented with a plaque by Scotland Rugby Union boss Andy Irvine to commemorate 100 years of rivalry between the sides.

Scores:-

New Zealand 29 (Rico Gear 2, Nick Evans, Sione Lauaki tries; Evans pen, 2 con, Leon MacDonald con)

Scotland 10 (Simon Webster try; Chris Paterson pen, con).

Halftime: 22-3.

- NZPA

Happy happy joy joy! :o

27.11.05 10.00am

New Zealand have completed a stunning victory in the final of league's Tri-series in Leeds.

The Kiwis have smashed Australia 24-nil, running in four unanswered tries against the defending champions.

27.11.05 7.00am

EDINBURGH - It wasn't pretty but the All Blacks still had too much class for Scotland, winning 29-10 today to complete just their second rugby Grand Slam in 100 years of trying.

In their most unconvincing performance of the tour, the All Blacks scored three first half tries to lead 22-3 at the break but couldn't score a fourth until six minutes from the end.

Wing Rico Gear scored two tries to go with his hat-trick against Wales, while Scotland -- still chasing their first win over the All Blacks -- got a consolation try one minute before fulltime to replacement Simon Webster.

While the largely second string All Blacks made plenty of handling errors, their defence was again almost unbreakable until Webster's try from a grubber kick.

The tourists conceded just three tries in five hours and 20 minutes of rugby on tour as they repeated the feat of Graham Mourie's 1978 side.

Amid unconfirmed reports it would be captain Tana Umaga's farewell test, the All Blacks signalled their intentions from the start with Nick Evans setting the backline alight, Joe Rokocoko bursting down the left touch but then dropping an in-pass from Umaga.

Some handling errors on attack by the visitors kept a spirited Scotland team in the game, along with a rash of penalties from Welsh referee Nigel Whitehouse.

After an early Chris Paterson penalty, the All Blacks hit the lead in the eighth minute when a huge scrum saw Piri Weepu run blind and grubber through for Gear to score.

Scotland had a royal chance to score soon after when there was confusion between Gear and debutante Isaia Toeava at the back, Scotland won the lineout and drove over the line but the ball was held up.

It was all New Zealand for the rest of the half -- Evans strolling over under the posts in the 18th minute after several phases of sustained pressure, then setting up a great try seven minutes before the break.

The Otago pivot burst through from a ruck 10m from his own line, flanker Angus Macdonald handled twice; Evans cross-kicked to Toeava, lock James Ryan juggled then slapped the ball back to Sione Lauaki who plunged over.

The second half was again punctuated by handling errors and Scotland had chances to score but the All Blacks forwards, with Chris Jack and Macdonald prominent figures, held firm against several lineout drives.

Coach Graham Henry cleared his bench midway through the second half, and things finally clicked when Ma'a Nonu sparked a raid, lock Jason Eaton ran 15m and sent an in-pass to Gear to make the game safe.

In what could have been his farewell test, Umaga again made some uncharacteristic handling errors but defended strongly.

His team hugged each other in relief at the end and Umaga was presented with a plaque by Scotland Rugby Union boss Andy Irvine to commemorate 100 years of rivalry between the sides.

New Zealand 29 (Rico Gear 2, Nick Evans, Sione Lauaki tries; Evans pen, 2 con, Leon MacDonald con)

- NZPA

Happy happy joy joy! :D

Congratulations :o

27.11.05 10.00am

27.11.05 7.00am

- NZPA

Happy happy joy joy! :D

Congratulations :o

Congratulations both competions were pretty high class , while not being exactly an wallaby fan wish them all the best in rebuilding both union and league teams. They have such a pool of young talent here ,they should have no problems in seasons to come to bounce back as world beaters, cant believe I just wrote something positive about australian rugby, me a dedicated warrington supporter ,but still GO AUSSIE :D nignoy

I have been playing and watching rugby for over 30 years, and I have to say that this current All Blacks side is probably the best team I have ever seen.

For the sake of great rugby, I hope they flourish and mature, but as a passionate England fan I hope they fade in, say, October 2007.

:o:D:D

Wallabies coach Eddie Jones was sacked today. He was given the choice to resign, but declined. Left with much accrimony.

I dont see this as a positive move. Eddie is a quality coach and i cant see anybody else doing any better with the current players that are available.

BTW Croc is that handsome young devil in your avatar you by any chance.

Wallabies coach Eddie Jones was sacked today. He was given the choice to resign, but declined. Left with much accrimony.

I dont see this as a positive move. Eddie is a quality coach and i cant see anybody else doing any better with the current players that are available.

A recent picture :o

A recent picture :o

I thought as much Croc :D

There has never been any love lost between Eddie and the ARU.He had a very tough job if you consider the number of injuries and current lack of depth.Good on him for not resigning.

There has never been any love lost between Eddie and the ARU.He had a very tough job if you consider the number of injuries and current lack of depth.Good on him for not resigning.

The ARU can be very political, the same as your lot Chuchok. Fortunately weve been able to keep a lid on the politics for the last few years. I dont think Jonh O'neil going to soccer has helped Eddies cause. It looks like Ewan Mckenzie is the front runner for the job. I just hope they dont bring back a dinsaur.

The ARU can be very political, the same as your lot Chuchok. Fortunately weve been able to keep a lid on the politics for the last few years. I dont think Jonh O'neil  going to soccer has helped Eddies cause. It looks like Ewan Mckenzie is the front runner for the job. I just hope they dont bring back a dinsaur.

You hit the nail on the head there.They got rid of O'neil because of egos.They are just the same as our lot...I call them the Blazer Brigade.they put a blazer on and they get egos the size of Ben-Hur.most of them never played the game to any level.

mckenzie did well with NSW this year...be interesting to see how he does with Aussie.He was a good prop and in my opinion props are the most intelligent people on this earth. :o

The ARU can be very political, the same as your lot Chuchok. Fortunately weve been able to keep a lid on the politics for the last few years. I dont think Jonh O'neil  going to soccer has helped Eddies cause. It looks like Ewan Mckenzie is the front runner for the job. I just hope they dont bring back a dinsaur.

You hit the nail on the head there.They got rid of O'neil because of egos.They are just the same as our lot...I call them the Blazer Brigade.they put a blazer on and they get egos the size of Ben-Hur.most of them never played the game to any level.

mckenzie did well with NSW this year...be interesting to see how he does with Aussie.He was a good prop and in my opinion props are the most intelligent people on this earth. :o

I would never have picked you as a front rower Chuchok. :D

Good luck to Ewan if he gets the nod. BTW the only Victorian ever to play a test.No doubt he will do better with the return of players currently injured, but the shortage of decent forwards is a problem were not going to solve in the short term.

I would never have picked you as a front rower Chuchok. :D

Good luck to Ewan if he gets the nod. BTW the only Victorian ever to play a test.No doubt he will do better with the return of players currently injured, but the shortage of decent forwards is a problem were not going to solve in the short term.

If there is a heaven, God would be a tighthead prop Cob. :D

The problem is that you have a bunch of front rowers that are about as big and tough as Norman gunston.What you need is guys that are used to breaking knuckles on their forehead...and enjoy doing it! If you get that right, then you guys can beat anybody.....bugger it! :D

Axed Jones tips Nucifora for Wallabies

04.12.05 4.00pm

SYDNEY - Axed Wallabies coach Eddie Jones believes his successor at the Brumbies, current Blues coach David Nucifora, should lead Australia to the World Cup in 2007.

"They've made it quite clear they're not interested in developing a team, just performances -- so they should pick the coach who has the highest winning percentage," Jones told The Sun-Herald newspaper.

"They've said to me the reason I'm not in the job is performance. If that's the case, they must get the most successful coach available in Australia. That guy must get the job. "

Asked if he was endorsing Waratahs coach Ewen McKenzie, Jones said bluntly: "He doesn't have the best record."

Nucifora, with Jones, is the only other Australian coach to have won a Super 12 title.

However, his contract was terminated by the Brumbies after winning the 2004 final after falling out with a core group of Wallabies players.

While McKenzie is considered the favourite to replace Jones, it is understood Nucifora is a chance should he get the support of the three Queensland board members on the ARU.

Jones, who left yesterday for a holiday in Japan, remains floored by his axing and remains disappointed he never got the chance to present his case to the ARU board.

"You'd think that after I'd coached the Wallabies for four years they would at least sit down with me and go through the issues and give me a chance to present my case," he said.

"That wasn't done. They're entitled to do that but if you talk about rugby being a game about mateship, honesty and integrity, none of those things have shone through with the ARU. "

Jones had two years left on his A$350,000-a-year contract. ARU sources put his payout figure at A$600,000.

- NZPA

• 10 months later...

I thought I would resurrect this old thread of Chuchoks because he has been very quiet about the rugby league tri nations this year.

Results so far:

14/10/06 Australia defeated NZ 30-18, 21/10/06 Australia defeated NZ 20-15.

The kiwis will be up against it to make the final this year.

Also worthy of note:

The Australian netball team regained the initiative over the Kiwi girls by beating them 2-1 in a three match test series held in NZ.

and, The Australian Stars are leading the White Ferns 2-0 in the ODI series of womans cricket.

:o

Edited by Old Croc

ahd the spouth pacific soapdodgers brainwashed nathan fien into believing he was a kiwi and giving him the jersy for a test spot. born in north queensland father and mother aussies, he said he felt kiwi cause grandma was, he sent grandmas birth certifificate to the kiwi officials who accepted his birthright even though the name and place of birth was wrong on the certificate.

well if you want to be a kiwi that bad so be it, most of the successfull kiwi teams are full of non native so they have to rely on "ring ins" to compete.

at the end of the day

WE WON THEY LOST NA NA NA NA NA :o

There is a lomu already playing in Oz, he like his cousin johna arnt kiwis but are eligable to play for them ame as the south african netball player vandyke, a great sporting country, with little natural talent, it needs to be imported :o:D:D

Also heard some Kiwi bloke called Lomu, or something like that, is going to play league for the new Gold Coast team in Queensland next year.

Getting out while the going is good? :o

At least saturdays match , was a good result, This pommy import is off to Cairns today for a weeks Marlin fishing, so keep the forums clean old fella :D if all goes well and I get the all clear of the surgeon could be back in Huahin or Leong Nok Tha by the 15th of November see ya next week fellas :D Nignoy

NZ WIN A GAME!!!

Last night NZ defeated GBR 18 - 14, in the tri-nations rugby league.

After consecutive losses to Australia in preceding games it was a great fillip for the jaded NZ sports supporters.

:D

south pacific soap dodgers get a win against the poms hello who cares :o

NZ WIN A GAME!!!

After consecutive losses to Australia in preceding games it was a great fillip for the jaded NZ sports supporters.

NZ may lose their points!!

NZ played an Australian (Nathen Fien) in their side for the win against GBR, on the basis that his grandmother had been a Kiwi. Under the rules this would qualify him for NZ. It has subsequently come to light that it was in fact his great-grandmother who came from the land of the long, black, fern shaped cloud.

The international committee is considering what action to take, and stripping the two points is a likely outcome.

The incident has become know as granny-gate. :o:D

NZ WIN A GAME!!!

south pacific soap dodgers get a win against the poms hello who cares :D

:o:D

• 2 weeks later...
There is a lomu already playing in Oz, he like his cousin johna arnt kiwis but are eligable to play for them ame as the south african netball player vandyke, a great sporting country, with little natural talent, it needs to be imported :o:D:D

Oh dear oh dear bloncs....

let's see now..You know how I hate to point out when you are wrong......

Lomu was born in NZ.Can't get more Kiwi than that,don't you think?

let's have a look at a couple of results over the weekend...

Rugby:New Zealand 47- France 3

League:Kiwis 34 pommies 4

Rugby:Australia 25 Italy 18 pfffft!You really showed em ...... :D

When did the South Pacific Yanks last beat the mighty All Blacks.......hmmmmm :D