Uk Healthcare Benefits For Brits Living In Thailand

Mobi

I am off to you tube now for a bit of Jerusalem and Hearts of Oak if you want to join me, the wife always comes and puts here arms round me, she maybe Thai but she knows how IMPORTANT THESE TWO ARE TO AN ENGLISHMAN.

Goodnight to you all, see you tomorrowjap.gif

Dee ma. +1

Away and give me peace, its guys like you that make Engerlund one of the most despised countries on Earth, that full of your own self importance and pomposity you make me ( and millions of others ) wretch.

Face the facts, there are hundreds upon thousands, if not millions of immigrants to England that have done more for the country than you. Millions of Indians took up the war effort in the last war, Gurkhas have died in their droves for the country, the NHS would collapse if it wasnt for immigrant doctors and nurses, and countless other immigrants have made outstanding contributions to the country.

Quite frankly, I personally know immigrants that could buy and sell you and your type, crawl back into your racist hole and leave the rest of us alone.

ps If Engerlund is that important to you.......move back.

pps I want to apologize to my English friends and compatriots if you think I am having a go at you, many English people are amongst the greatest and most gracious people I know, and the achievements of the English as part of the UK have changed the course of world history. There is a massive difference between a True Englishman and little engerlunder.

By what you have written in this post you show all exactly where you are coming from, l am not going through it all but it shows your more interested in others over your countrymen and the cash they can earn over taking care of your own. Disgraceful, and the sad thing is you believe your right. wink.png

• Like 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am off to you tube now for a bit of Jerusalem and Hearts of Oak if you want to join me, the wife always comes and puts here arms round me, she maybe Thai but she knows how IMPORTANT THESE TWO ARE TO AN ENGLISHMAN.

Goodnight to you all, see you tomorrowjap.gif

Dee ma. +1

Away and give me peace, its guys like you that make Engerlund one of the most despised countries on Earth, that full of your own self importance and pomposity you make me ( and millions of others ) wretch.

Face the facts, there are hundreds upon thousands, if not millions of immigrants to England that have done more for the country than you. Millions of Indians took up the war effort in the last war, Gurkhas have died in their droves for the country, the NHS would collapse if it wasnt for immigrant doctors and nurses, and countless other immigrants have made outstanding contributions to the country.

Quite frankly, I personally know immigrants that could buy and sell you and your type, crawl back into your racist hole and leave the rest of us alone.

ps If Engerlund is that important to you.......move back.

pps I want to apologize to my English friends and compatriots if you think I am having a go at you, many English people are amongst the greatest and most gracious people I know, and the achievements of the English as part of the UK have changed the course of world history. There is a massive difference between a True Englishman and little engerlunder.

By what you have written in this post you show all exactly where you are coming from, l am not going through it all but it shows your more interested in others over your countrymen and the cash they can earn over taking care of your own. Disgraceful, and the sad thing is you believe your right. wink.png

I suppose TB's highlighting the same message as the parable of the Good Samaritan with respect to neighbours.

I bought my flat in Glasgow off one of TB's immigrant mates (not sure how well they actually know each other) and it betrays my racism that I'd have maybe been more circumspect if I'd seen his name prior to the sale. Notwithstanding that, for all I know he or his bairns might play cricket for Scotland...

Anyway, I should really blame the Surveyor for not looking about himself - and not drumming up extra work for himself. On a brighter note, hopefully it will all be over by Christmas...

sung "... and all my Troubles, Lord, will soon be over"

SC

I can remember times when a foreigner was an Irishman, Scotsman, Welshman or Pole who had come to work in the local munitions factory!

You'll perhaps also remember the food was <deleted>, the nation inward looking and the peak of cultural diversity the New Year Scottish Party on the TV - just before it went of air at midnight.

The UK has had to go through proud moments like the crowd throwing bananas at black footballers when they appeared on the pitch, but things have improved.

Meanwhile, as has been pointed out the NHS would collapse without the support of foreign workers who provide the manpower and skills in all sectors of it's operation.

I agree with your first point BUT, the NHS would not "collapse without the support of foreign workers who provide the manpower and skills in all sectors of it's operation". Unfortunately for too long it paid nurses peanuts and was then forced to import foreign nurses, who were only there for the money...

Things have changed, and nurses are now required to have a degree and are paid far more. This has resulted in even the local recruits caring more about the money than the 'vocation'...

@Transam

Whats the question?

Read my posts and come up with some answers. Questions or points YOU have not responded.You just pick up on your crap. Answer my points about what your countrymen should expect from their country over and above non natives. !!!!! ?

Here we go again with the abuse.........let me make this absolutely clear to you. Immigration has been a fantastic thing for the UK, the country is far stronger for it. The NHS would be finished if it wasnt for immigrants.

I was right with the Alf Garnett crack, and to make it even worse your a foreigner living in a foreign land making the jibe, can you not see your hypocrisy?.

You have every right to believe that but I suspect other posters are right when they say the UK population would have far less anger about ex-pats (that are still paying UK taxes) receiving NHS care, than an immigrant who has paid little (if any) tax in the UK.

Edit - as a foreigner living in Thailand, I would not expect for one minute the Thai government to pay for my healthcare!

Edited by F1fanatic

as a foreigner living in Thailand, I would not expect for one minute the Thai government to pay for my healthcare!

Why not ? A Thai that has never paid jack siht (anagram) in to the UK system can get it there after completing his qualifying period. So why shouldn't farangs do it in Thailand ? Like all things in Thailand it's one sided.

as a foreigner living in Thailand, I would not expect for one minute the Thai government to pay for my healthcare!

Why not ? A Thai that has never paid jack siht (anagram) in to the UK system can get it there after completing his qualifying period. So why shouldn't farangs do it in Thailand ? Like all things in Thailand it's one sided.

Perhaps its 'cos some of us have a conscience, and don't think it fair for anyone that has not 'paid their dues' to receive un-deserved benefits.

I think as a valued member of the Thai economy I was entitled to 30 baht treatment at a Thai government hospital, same as any other legal resident. I preferred to go private, though...

Things in Thailand are tilted to the Thai people and rightly so, if only it were the same in the UK. Here in Thailand you dont want get mad about that, accept that is the way it is, now can you think of any ways to even things up, legally without upsetting the Thais. Stand back, observe, what is going on and see if you can improve that situation, if you can good, if you cannot well dont let it spoil your day! I came here to relax and enjoy life, fit into Thai life, I am not a little Englander, I am happy for people to know that is where I am from. I speak a little Thai, I can communicate, I dont rely on government paid translators. I have always found that making a bit of an effort and respecting your hosts goes a long wayjap.gif

Things in Thailand are tilted to the Thai people and rightly so, if only it were the same in the UK. Here in Thailand you dont want get mad about that, accept that is the way it is, now can you think of any ways to even things up, legally without upsetting the Thais. Stand back, observe, what is going on and see if you can improve that situation, if you can good, if you cannot well dont let it spoil your day! I came here to relax and enjoy life, fit into Thai life, I am not a little Englander, I am happy for people to know that is where I am from. I speak a little Thai, I can communicate, I dont rely on government paid translators. I have always found that making a bit of an effort and respecting your hosts goes a long wayjap.gif

You have come across "government paid translators" in Thailand? Can't wait to hear where....

As for the 'evening things up' comment - why the hell would anyone expect Thailand to make the same mistakes as the West?

Why would you want to take advantage of this so called loophole? If you can't afford your medical treatment in Thailand you shouldn't be here. Before the usual band of flamers come on the scene the majority of UK tax payers pay tax via Pay As You Earn, ( PAYE ), what people don't realize is that the welfare system is a Pay As You Go system. In effect, not one coin of your annual tax payment is invested into your personal future. Basically every penny in tax collected is paid out in the same year.

Also before people start jumping about and screaming " I've paid my dues ", very,very few people pay more into the tax system than they take out in benefits over a lifetime. In effect the system is front loaded, by the time you hit 16 years of age you've already ran up a bill of multiple thousands ( sometimes hundreds of thousands of pounds ) due to medical and educational costs during that period.

I still pay tax in the UK, why shouldn't I get medical care?

I paid my 30 years NI contributions, why shouldn't I still get the benefits linked to those payments?

Why do you post such rubbish?

Seems to me you are just a troll, just posting inflammatory remarks.

As far as I know free medical care is available in UK to people who are resident there. Payment of taxes doesn't affect this at all. Neither does payment of NI contributions ( which only entitle you to pension benefits). In Thailand I am entitled to to free medical care as I pay Social Security monthly contributions as required by law for employees of companies. I have private health insurance in addition. Basically if you want to be sure of getting free treatment in UK you have to move back there to live which I am not planning on doing!

As I said already some of the greatest people I have ever met in my life are English, they dont feel the need to big themselves up all the time and crow about things that they had no hand in achieving. True gentlemen. ( and real ladies ).

Its that other division that winds everyone up, quite frankly they are an embaressment. It takes a special kind of mind to ask what advantage native Englishmen should have against non-natives. This from a guy living in a foreign country while the non-natives are back in the UK keeping our health service going and paying the tax that keeps the pension pots full.

Alf Garnett was a parody, this mob think he was some kind of guru.

Edited by theblether

As I said already some of the greatest people I have ever met in my life are English, they dont feel the need to big themselves up all the time and crow about things that they had no hand in achieving. True gentlemen. ( and real ladies ).

Its that other division that winds everyone up, quite frankly they are an embaressment. It takes a special kind of mind to ask what advantage native Englishmen should have against non-natives. This from a guy living in a foreign country while the non-natives are back in the UK keeping our health service going and paying the tax that keeps the pension pots full.

Like a comic Enoch Powell.

Like a comic Enoch Powell.

Correct....and like all genius comedies it was based pointing out absurdities. Unfortunately many people missed the absurdity and believed every word that came out Alf Garnetts mouth. These same people morphed into "little englanders" much to the horror and embaressment of everyone else in the UK.

That crack about natives and non natives must be a contender for absurd post of the year and its only January 5th.

Natives and non natives, must have missed that one! I presume you still think that I am a litle Englander then? Not what my thoughts, just how you interpret them, you seem pretty good at putting you own interpretaion on things, giving everyone the inpression that you are loaded with money and telling people that if they dont fit your idea of who should be here then off you pop. What goes around comes around you might have an unfortunate experience one day and if no one comes to you aid dont wonder why, I am sure there are a few who could point you in the right direction, you seem to have a knack of getting up peoples noses and apparently knowing things abouy people you dont know, perhaps thats how you have been so sicksellful in life? If you are happy then I am happy for you. I am happy with me, most people who know me know that I am straight and true and if you dont like what I say that ok you know its my opinion that does not make it wrong its an alternative that you might think about.

My first sentence to be clear is this, in Thailand Thailand descriminates positively towards its own indegineous population, its a pity the Uk government does not do the same in my opinion.

• Like 1

F1 Fanatic, Thailand does not pay for translators, the UK government does and how much does it cost I wonder. Here if I want a translator I PAY.

Point of information for you alone. I learnt to drive at the BRUNDLE school of motoring, yes that is correct and passed first time!

Natives and non natives, must have missed that one! I presume you still think that I am a litle Englander then? Not what my thoughts, just how you interpret them, you seem pretty good at putting you own interpretaion on things, giving everyone the inpression that you are loaded with money and telling people that if they dont fit your idea of who should be here then off you pop. What goes around comes around you might have an unfortunate experience one day and if no one comes to you aid dont wonder why, I am sure there are a few who could point you in the right direction, you seem to have a knack of getting up peoples noses and apparently knowing things abouy people you dont know, perhaps thats how you have been so sicksellful in life? If you are happy then I am happy for you. I am happy with me, most people who know me know that I am straight and true and if you dont like what I say that ok you know its my opinion that does not make it wrong its an alternative that you might think about.

My first sentence to be clear is this, in Thailand Thailand descriminates positively towards its own indegineous population, its a pity the Uk government does not do the same in my opinion.

Couldn't have put it better. clap2.gif

The blether fogot to to take you to task about your earlier claim about the hundreds odf thousands, if not millions of immgrants quote, thats the whole point there are too many for the small island! You said it!! WHo do they benefit? well you claim to be business man in Chiang Mai, cheap labour springs to mind to link you and them. You call me a little Englander and a lot of these lovelly people that arrived on the shores of blighty have set up there own little enclaves I am sure you have been to Birmingham or Bradford recently, ot perhaps Leicester to see the Mosques, they dominate the skyline! Can you imagine a Christian church being allowed to to do the same thing in a foreign land? Rightly so of course.

Please tell me to crawl back where I came from and go home whilst hiding behind your keyboard it does become you, its always the fall back of people who have run out of ideas, "you can always go home."

As I have said before you dont know me, you make wild statements and accusations which are completely false and unsubstantiated as a business man I wonder how you mange to do any man management or influence people, because I tick both boxes as failed.

On Churches dominating the skyline...

St Mary's Church in Oud Metha stands on a par with the neighbouring mosques. I imagine that, as in the UK, but unlike Dubai, religious buildings are built privately without government support, so that it is up to the architects to design a temple or church or mosque (or whatever) in accordance with their own ambitions, budget and local planning regulations.

Successful economies offer opportunity, not protection.

As a Chinese once said "Is it true that the richest Chinese come from Shanghai?"

"No, the richest Chinese came to Shanghai".

The British government has chosen to offer free health care to all its residents, so that they can work and live without fear of the cost of medical treatment. Public health is a boon to us all, and the British goernment chooses to offer that boon to those that live within its jurisdiction, and not those that live outwith their bailliewick, regardless of nationality.

Anyway, we can consider ourselves blessed that we have an attractive country such as the UK to fall back to, when times are hard. We might wish for a second alternative, but no-one else appears to consider us attractive enough to offer residence as a right.

SC.

• Like 1

Would that TV had a better search function.

I've always argued that those who slag off the UK, often adding they'll never set foot in the place again, ought to remember it is to the UK they will return when their life here goes to rat sh1t.

A better search function might help reveal who these hypocrites are.

A further search might also reveal rants against immigrants abusing the NHS, migrant workers abusing the NHS and people sponging off the system.

It seems at the very least those hated islands provide many with the freedom and peace of mind to go wherever they wish in the world assured that someone back in the land of misery will look after them when their dream of life overseas crashes and burns.

Well make sure you meet the income requirements or you might find you are returning without your loved ones. The UK is at last becoming the closed door so many here on Thaivisa have argued it should be.

Sorry GH, something in the back of my mind tells me we have been here before.

I fail to see the connection between people who 'rant' about spongers and immigrants abusing the system and those deciding to the return to live in the UK as they are entitled to do as British citizens, most of whom have probably paid tax and nic for most of their working lives.

So just because we live overseas that somehow disqualifies us from critising our home country?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

The main point you missed,as Guest House pointed out, there are many on Tv that spend a lot of time vilifying the UK (their own country) and the hypocrasy of claiming they would never go back! in reality they would be first, running like Rats deserting a sinking ship,back there for free help,when it all goes wrong in Thailand,as it does for many.

Remember the golden rule, there are NO Freebies to bail you out in Thailand,when the S**T hits the fan,and you run out of money,.............it's UK please take me back time.

Edited by MAJIC

Perhaps its 'cos some of us have a conscience, and don't think it fair for anyone that has not 'paid their dues' to receive un-deserved benefits.

Do you think a Thai that goes to reside in the UK, and has contributed zero to the system, suffers from a concience when he/she goes and gets benefit that she/he knowingly has never contributed to the system ? I've paid/pay my dues in Thailand. I contribute to the Thai system by my annual spending which is far in excess of your average Thai. So why shouldn't I get something back ? In fact I do. I have the Thai medical card giving me free treatment at my local government hospital. Do I feel guilty ? Nah, not in the slightest. Edited by sinbin

Well good morning to everyone, I think I have contributed all I want to say on this topic, now going for a bike ride. So now that we have all made our positions. let us agree that we all see the world differently and probably always will, so can we all settle down and make our fpeace and be friends?

If things did go badly wrong here I think we would all agree it is the best place to have to return to, having failed ( hope that does happen for anyone), but, there will still be things there that will make my blood boil.

TheBlether, as a former soldier I say to you thank you for taking of me and others as I have said before I am immensely proud of all of our armed services, the best of British, best in the world.

• Like 1

Well good morning to everyone, I think I have contributed all I want to say on this topic, now going for a bike ride. So now that we have all made our positions. let us agree that we all see the world differently and probably always will, so can we all settle down and make our fpeace and be friends?

If things did go badly wrong here I think we would all agree it is the best place to have to return to, having failed ( hope that does happen for anyone), but, there will still be things there that will make my blood boil.

TheBlether, as a former soldier I say to you thank you for taking of me and others as I have said before I am immensely proud of all of our armed services, the best of British, best in the world.

+1 I am going to join you in abandoning this topic too. I am Scottish and I signed up in the British Army for the defence of all UK nationals, not just the white ones. When I walk into see a Doctor I dont care what the colour of his skin is, in fact my current Doctor was born in Pakistan.

I am fast to defend the UK in every way, the country is not perfect but it has a lot of outstanding attributes, and as fast as I am to defend the UK I am faster still to condemn racism.

Lets salute men like Johnston Beharry, an immigrant soldier and winner of the Victoria Cross, the Best of British.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Beharry

I would still highly recommend that if you dont have medical and emergency insurance in Thailand you should certainly consider getting it though biggrin.png

• Like 1

+1 I am going to join you in abandoning this topic too. I am Scottish and I signed up in the British Army for the defence of all UK nationals, not just the white ones. When I walk into see a Doctor I dont care what the colour of his skin is, in fact my current Doctor was born in Pakistan

I am fast to defend the UK in every way, the country is not perfect but it has a lot of outstanding attributes, and as fast as I am to defend the UK I am faster still to condemn racism.

You have been highly critical of people complaining about all the immigrates arriving on the shores of the UK and taking preference

over the natives,you think we are all racist,up to you.Now please explain why most of the immigrates have been persueded to take up residence in England and not Scotland. This was government policy,percentage wise,re population/land area, very few were moved to Scotland during the period that those two scotsmen

Blair and Brown were at the helm, from another ex-serviceman

+1 I am going to join you in abandoning this topic too. I am Scottish and I signed up in the British Army for the defence of all UK nationals, not just the white ones. When I walk into see a Doctor I dont care what the colour of his skin is, in fact my current Doctor was born in Pakistan

You have been highly critical of people complaining about all the immigrates arriving on the shores of the UK and taking preference

over the natives,you think we are all racist,up to you.Now please explain why most of the immigrates have been persueded to take up residence in England and not Scotland. This was government policy,percentage wise,re population/land area, very few were moved to Scotland during the period that those two scotsmen

Blair and Brown were at the helm, from another ex-serviceman

I imagine the opportunities are greater in England than in Scotland. That was why I emigrated to England. Notwithstanding that, I like to believe we get a better class of Paki in Scotland.

My current favourite eatery is the Sentral Chappati House, which serves the best samosas (IMH&BO) I've had since left Scotland twenty years ago.

Were it not for the immigrants, when I was young, I doubt you could find a bike repair shop or a watchmenders in Scotland, and I can't imagine a chippie or an ice cream shop run by an indigenous aboriginal Scot, though I suppose i must have been in one at some time in my travels.

SC

It is natural for people to look at the negatives and forget the positives, the negatives are the ones they want to change. The UK has changed, you cannot stop change, I much prefered it at an earlier time, the immigrants did not help that view when they started coming, it changed more and quicker. This is a subject has wrankles with many, we have our views and have been stated here with passion.

The UK has some great attributes too, great countryside, some great people, great buildings, traditions, foods and drinks, music, you can go and on, but we left and found a new life for us here? On balance we prefer what is on offer here and I suspect we justify being here for some of the reasons which we did not like back in the UK. In more reflective moments I am sure we reminis about the things we enjoyed in the UK as well.

Now we know what the score here iswe need to look after number 1 because the Thai government cannot do that and heath is the biggest problem for all of us.

How much cover do you have? Do you have any? Do you think you have and then when you make a claim you find the insurer is trying to wriggle out paying on a technicality?

At the very least we should all resolve this year to put an amount of money away regularly as a safety net in case the worse happens.

You are not going to get advance warning of a stroke which will enable to get back to the UK, or, the ever present danger of Thai driving habits.

Will you all please think about this health aspect, please.

Edited by exeter

Some posters are under the mishaprehension that as a UK tax payer one is entitled to free NHS. This is just not true and the fact that you pay tax is completely separate from the NHS. Many expats still pay UK tax, eg have a UK business run under management, rental income etc. Tax has to be paid as the income is generated in the UK irrespective of residency status. OAP's with 10 complete years of UK residence may qualify for certain free NHS treatment but is limited as previously described in this topic. Having a UK address helps and if you claim that you are returning to take up UK residence you have to comply with certain criteria. It is not amatter of just saying "Hello I'm back'. You normally have to wait 6 months for free treatment to ensure that you really are "back" for good. A friend of mine returned to the UK for a visit and developed a slight heart problem, not serious, but will require a stent. He is an OAP and still has a UK house. He was told that he has to be in the UK for 6 months per year to qualify and he also has to repay all the costs for the prescriptions he received over the past few years. Because of this he has now changed his lifestyle and instead of spending all his time in Thailand with a UK holiday every two years he now spend 6 months in Thailand and 6 months in the UK. H is 70 years of age and getting medical cover is almost impossible at that age and does not want to fork out about GBP 10,000 here in Thailand for this treatment. Most Medical schemes will only extend cover past 65 years of age if you are an existing customer of several years but any problems that you have had will be excluded from future cover. So the poster that said that anyone who cannot afford medical cover here in Thailand should return home does not understand that medical cover may not be possible. Some expats have the funds to cover Thai mecical costs but are reluctant to spend such amounts when with a bit of planning they can get it free and save their funds for an emergency when returning to the UK or wherever may not be practical at that time if the condition is serious.

Why would you want to take advantage of this so called loophole? If you can't afford your medical treatment in Thailand you shouldn't be here. Before the usual band of flamers come on the scene the majority of UK tax payers pay tax via Pay As You Earn, ( PAYE ), what people don't realize is that the welfare system is a Pay As You Go system. In effect, not one coin of your annual tax payment is invested into your personal future. Basically every penny in tax collected is paid out in the same year.

Also before people start jumping about and screaming " I've paid my dues ", very,very few people pay more into the tax system than they take out in benefits over a lifetime. In effect the system is front loaded, by the time you hit 16 years of age you've already ran up a bill of multiple thousands ( sometimes hundreds of thousands of pounds ) due to medical and educational costs during that period.

These discussions always end up with some single guy saying that he has paid in more than he has taken out, but they always forget the basic educational and medical costs when factoring in the equation.

If you can't afford your medical insurance in Thailand......bye bye.

I think i have paid more in petrol taxes , passport taxes, air ticket tax, 21% VAT on most things, beer tax. The government taxes are beginning to be over 50% on many things. I have read that the state takes 60% of the average person's income one way or another. What do we get for this ? Not much. I have read that the local governement workers' pensions are alone repsonsible for 30% of the local taxes. Early retirement by police, and expenses for judges, admirals etc, that is where your taxes go, not front line services.

The state is getting bigger and bigger every year, they will be coming after expatriates next for our cash, time to look into dual citizenship ?

Edited by parmo1

These discussions always end up with some single guy saying that he has paid in more than he has taken out, but they always forget the basic educational and medical costs when factoring in the equation.

If you can't afford your medical insurance in Thailand......bye bye.

I think i have paid more in petrol taxes , passport taxes, air ticket tax, 21% VAT on most things, beer tax. The government taxes are beginning to be over 50% on many things. I have read that the state takes 60% of the average person's income one way or another. What do we get for this ? Not much. I have read that the local governement workers' pensions are alone repsonsible for 30% of the local taxes. Early retirement by police, and expenses for judges, admirals etc, that is where your taxes go, not front line services.

The state is getting bigger and bigger every year, they will be coming after expatriates next for our cash, time to look into dual citizenship ?

You forget all the vast amount of benifits and standard of living you get when living in the UK.