Marriage Visa

In case of me having a work permit in Thailand and wife from neighboring country wanting to get long term visa to Thailand how should I proceed? I assume first visa application has to be in an Embassy at her home country, followed by application of extension upon arriving to Thailand. What visa class should we apply for and what are the documents required: 1) initially for Embassy and 2) for extension. Also is it possible to get multiple entry visa so there is no need to get re-entry permits all the time?

Cheers!

What kind of visa do you have or are you on extension based on employment.

Having a WP does not matter.

If you are on extension of stay based on employment your wife can apply for a non-O visa as dependant of you.

She can then apply for extension of stay at immigration matching your extension.

With a multiple entry visa she must leave the country every 90 days.

Get the extension of stay for 1 year and buy a multiple re-entry permit instead.

From Police order 777/2551.

2.20 In the case of a family member of an alien who has been permitted temporary stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17, 2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto; or

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, the said person shall be 50 years of age or over.

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up on this regarding the necessary paperwork at Thai Embassy to get the first non-immigrant O-visa... I found this list for Thai Spouse, which in this case is not entirely correct as neither one of us is Thai.

My question is - is bank statement required from her as she is the dependent one? All other documents are clear, except of course ID card which I do not have. Instead could show my work permit?

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA-O (THAI SPOUSE)

Required documents are:

1. One completed and signed visa application form

2. One recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5cm)

3. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)

4. Copy of Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number date of entry

5. Copy of Marriage Certificate, Passport and Identity Card of Thai sPOUse

(Copies of documents must be signed by Thai SPOUse)

6. Letter from Thai sPOUse

7. Bank Statement (at least 400,000 Baht)