Reliable & Reasonable Gardeners ?

english_farang_lady

We live near Mabprachan reservoir, have been persevering with local gardeners who charge us the same as our neighbour whose grounds are twice as big as ours! We put up with this, but now to add insult to injury, they are 'forgetting' to come, or say they will, then dont. I am fed up waiting in all day for them.

Consequently, hoping to change. Does anyone know any gardeners who will actually come regularly and not charge us a fortune ? Just the usual bit of grass, some palm trees etc. Nothing special.

Very grateful for any suggestions. Thanks to all.

How much are you paying and for how big a piece of land? Also do you have a pool and do they look after this as well?

I have yet to find a 'qualified' gardener but to my lawnmower pusher and pool vacum man I pay around 2,500 month which is basically cutting the lawn and keeping the pool clean - I dont really know how often they come, as I am in BKK most of the week, but it looks pretty neat whenever I go back on a Friday.

Thanks for your reply Digger - we pay 2,500 to the gardeners per month, we have one rai of land, but alot of concrete areas too, (the house next door has two rai and they pay the same.

We also pay 2,500 per month to the pool company, a lad comes over three times a week to scoop out leaves etc. They have a high turnover of staff.

This seems way too much to me. Thought since we are in the middle of two houses whose gardens are each tended by the same outfit, that having our bit would make it easy for them, and cheaper for us!

Not looking to be cheapskates, but hate to get conned also.

Today again we have waited in all day after being told they were coming here today, after doing next doors yesterday.

:o

I'd say 2,500 for the gardening of 1 rai is very cheap !!! Do you provide the lawnmower or does the gardener have his own - my guy has no equipment so its easier to get some local clown just to push my lawnmower around - but he has no skill whatsoever - he is ok at vacuming out the pool but I do all my own chlorine testing etc.

By the way its not an old guy and his wife who wears wellington boots all the time is it who drive a knackered blue baht bus? They do a lot of houses around the resevoir.