2012 Track Days

sbk

Does anyone know if the Bangkok Racing Circuit is open. The website is currently down and the phone number (listed on last years trackday page) wasn't working earlier today.

Planning to take a few laps in, after my 1000km service on Friday.

Cheers,

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know if the Bangkok Racing Circuit is open. The website is currently down and the phone number (listed on last years trackday page) wasn't working earlier today.

Cheers,

Its open every day except when there are other events taking place. Yeah, the phone number seems to be out of date... Guess you'll just have to ride over there and see if it's available. Have fun and take it easy- very slippery little track!

Cheers,

Its open every day except when there are other events taking place. Yeah, the phone number seems to be out of date... Guess you'll just have to ride over there and see if it's available. Have fun and take it easy- very slippery little track!

Thanks - just want to practice going around corners (been watching Keith Code) and won't (hopefully) be powersliding or the like ?? Most of riding in BKK seems to be straight, 90 degree turn, straight, 90 degree turn etc. I guess if it is closed I could do some window shopping at Dirt Bike

Cheers,

Thanks - just want to practice going around corners (been watching Keith Code) and won't (hopefully) be powersliding or the like ?? Most of riding in BKK seems to be straight, 90 degree turn, straight, 90 degree turn etc. I guess if it is closed I could do some window shopping at Dirt Bike

Not sure what part of BKK you live but it's not much more then an hour ride to Thailand Circuit and it would be a lot more fun then BRC. A few of us will be there on Sat/Sun.

Cheers,

Not sure what part of BKK you live but it's not much more then an hour ride to Thailand Circuit and it would be a lot more fun then BRC. A few of us will be there on Sat/Sun.

I stay in Rangsit. and according to Google maps its ~70kms across country on the 346 to Thailand Circuit. What is it on Saturday/Sunday - track days or racing ? Are there petrol stations anywhere near the circuit ?

Edited by KarlHatton

I stay in Rangsit. and according to Google maps its ~70kms across country on the 346 to Thailand Circuit. What is it on Saturday/Sunday - track days or racing ? Are there petrol stations anywhere near the circuit ?

It's just an open trackday, could be cars there aswell and we just share the track..30min car. 30min motorcycles.

There's fuel stations just a few kms away at Nahkon chaisri

It's just an open trackday, could be cars there aswell and we just share the track..30min car. 30min motorcycles.

OK, great. Sounds like I'll be going then on Saturday !! - around what time will you guys be arriving (what time does it open) - it'll be my first time on a track so I'd be grateful for any [sensible...] advice..

Cheers,

OK, great. Sounds like I'll be going then on Saturday !! - around what time will you guys be arriving (what time does it open) - it'll be my first time on a track so I'd be grateful for any [sensible...] advice..

Cheers,

I get there at around 8am, just to unload the bike(s) but you can't get on the track until 9am usually. What are you riding? I'll have the CBR1000RR and the CBR250R, Luke will have his Blade and maybe the ER6.

Cheers,

Just checked with the track and there's a racing school at Thailand circuit this weekend so its not open for a trackday. Usually they update on their facebook page but i just wanted to check and make sure. Might have to go to Bonanza or kaeng Krachan instead.

Just checked with the track and there's a racing school at Thailand circuit this weekend so its not open for a trackday. Usually they update on their facebook page but i just wanted to check and make sure. Might have to go to Bonanza or kaeng Krachan instead.

That's a bit of a bummer - good job you checked !! if you do end up going to Bonanaza please let me know - it's almost the same distance as Thailand Circuit and I'd be up for it. (Kaeng Krachan is a bit far for a one-day visit (need to work on Sunday)).

(if it is Bonanza, would you mind posting the exact location as I can't seem to pin-point in on Google maps (a screenshot would do)

PS I've got a Z1000 - road going stock bike

Edited by KarlHatton

That's a bit of a bummer - good job you checked !! if you do end up going to Bonanaza please let me know - it's almost the same distance as Thailand Circuit and I'd be up for it. (Kaeng Krachan is a bit far for a one-day visit (need to work on Sunday)).

(if it is Bonanza, would you mind posting the exact location as I can't seem to pin-point in on Google maps (a screenshot would do)

PS I've got a Z1000 - road going stock bike

Looks like we're heading to Bonanza tomorrow morning, its just myself and Luke so far but if anyone's up for a few laps come on up and join us.

http://maps.google.c...&glp=1&t=m&z=10

P.S if you never been there before just follow this map and at point B there will be a small road on the left hand side that will take you into the track. hope to see a few guys there..

Edited by newf

Looks like we're heading to Bonanza tomorrow morning, its just myself and Luke so far but if anyone's up for a few laps come on up and join us.

http://maps.google.c...&glp=1&t=m&z=10

P.S if you never been there before just follow this map and at point B there will be a small road on the left hand side that will take you into the track. hope to see a few guys there..

OK, thanks. I'll be there tomorrow - work nearly crept in... Went to BMC today and there were three local guys there - nice blokes. Track was ok, save for the pot holes on some of the turns.

Anyone going to BIRA this Monday (19th March) ??

PS. Bonanza in Khao Yai last Saturday was great.

If ur doing bira monday i'll strap on, not taken my blade on a track yet but really wanna. If anyone is going please PM me

cheers

Hello track-day guys

I've never been on a track so I have a few questions regarding a day on the track.

I'm not looking to race my bike, but I would like to improve my riding skills and gain confidence. I don't own a race bike, just a little Yamaha SR400 with tracker tyres.

Is any bike suitable for the track? Anything I have to do to the bike before I enter the track? Are there any rules concerning the riding gear? I have a good helmet and a light leather jacket with some protective inserts. But what about trousers, boots and gloves?

Is it be possible to rent the riding gear or even a bike there?

Anything else a newbie should know before turning up at a track?

thanks for the help!

TiT mate, pretty much anything goes on the tracks here in Thailand. Only one time did I see a couple Russian squids refused entrance to BIRA when they showed up on Beach Road supersport rentals wearing sneakers, shorts and t-shirt.

Usually you pay your money and take your chances and if you happen to come off you're pretty much on your own so best to go with some friends, just in case.

I'd recommend wearing full gear, because even if you are taking it easy, you also have to worry about the other folks you are sharing the track with. The only track where there is gear available for rent is BIRA Circuit. Contact Graham at highsidetours to make a booking in advance as they're not open every day.

The BRC in Bangkok can be a fun little track to cruise around on. Take it easy as the surface is rather slippery! I hear Thailand Circuit is in tough shape after being under water for weeks... Kaeng Krachan seems to be a popular destination for track days recently. Bonanza Circuit is beautiful, but not a place you want to crash.

Have fun!

Tony

Hi, I'm a novice rider, just got myself a new PCX. Would it be an extreme embarrassment to bring this to say, the BRC track (close to my house) to ride around in, and to hopefully learn a few things and improve my riding skills? Bangkok roads are treacherous to say the least so I would prefer to get up to speed in a safer and more controlled environment.

Unfortunately I am flying to england monday morning, so wont be doing any track days, but i might go and watch the kaeng krachan track day on sunday, there is also a meeting at Thailand CIrcuit on sat/sun so that is also an option

I'm going to see a car in cha am on the weekend so i'm hoping to check out the pirelli gig on sunday, won't be taking my bike though. Maybe see u there? Anyone else going?

cheers

michael

Edited by deadman

Hello track-day guys

I've never been on a track so I have a few questions regarding a day on the track.

I'm not looking to race my bike, but I would like to improve my riding skills and gain confidence. I don't own a race bike, just a little Yamaha SR400 with tracker tyres.

Is any bike suitable for the track? Anything I have to do to the bike before I enter the track? Are there any rules concerning the riding gear? I have a good helmet and a light leather jacket with some protective inserts. But what about trousers, boots and gloves?

thanks for the help!

TiT mate, pretty much anything goes on the tracks here in Thailand. Only one time did I see a couple Russian squids refused entrance to BIRA when they showed up on Beach Road supersport rentals wearing sneakers, shorts and t-shirt.

Usually you pay your money and take your chances and if you happen to come off you're pretty much on your own so best to go with some friends, just in case.

I'd recommend wearing full gear, because even if you are taking it easy, you also have to worry about the other folks you are sharing the track with. The only track where there is gear available for rent is BIRA Circuit. Contact Graham at highsidetours to make a booking in advance as they're not open every day.

The BRC in Bangkok can be a fun little track to cruise around on. Take it easy as the surface is rather slippery! I hear Thailand Circuit is in tough shape after being under water for weeks... Kaeng Krachan seems to be a popular destination for track days recently. Bonanza Circuit is beautiful, but not a place you want to crash.

Have fun!

Tony

Hi, I'm a novice rider, just got myself a new PCX. Would it be an extreme embarrassment to bring this to say, the BRC track (close to my house) to ride around in, and to hopefully learn a few things and improve my riding skills? Bangkok roads are treacherous to say the least so I would prefer to get up to speed in a safer and more controlled environment.

Not at all! There are a lot of people riding scooters at BRC and it's not unusual to see Ajarn Ho giving lessons to beginners. Have fun!

Unfortunately I am flying to england monday morning, so wont be doing any track days, but i might go and watch the kaeng krachan track day on sunday, there is also a meeting at Thailand CIrcuit on sat/sun so that is also an option

I'm going to see a car in cha am on the weekend so i'm hoping to check out the pirelli gig on sunday, won't be taking my bike though. Maybe see u there? Anyone else going?

cheers

michael

I'm so bummed I can't make this one... I gave Charlie and Ko a razzing yesterday for announcing this track day with such short notice. Kaeng Krachan is beautiful and a whole lot safer than when they last did a Pirelli Track Day there 4 years ago!

I have a Honda RS125 GP bike.. should I consider to bring this to thailand for Track days.. or buy an NSR150 / 250 while over there?

I dont think I would ride the NSR on the road.. if I buy a roadie I was thinking dual purpose type bike

Hello track-day guys

thanks for the help!

Have fun!

Tony

Not at all! There are a lot of people riding scooters at BRC and it's not unusual to see Ajarn Ho giving lessons to beginners. Have fun!

Great, thanks for the info.

Hi

Will be driving the bike to krabi this month and am wondering if you can just show up at any given date at the circuit of kaeng krachan for a couple of rounds on the track.

Have had a couple of days at the bira circuit and wanted to check out this race track

Any info would be nice.

Thanks

Pips

Been offshore working for the past few weeks and missed some good trackdays so i'm planning to take the cbr250 to thailand circuit tomorrow if anyone is interested in joining.

Is the CBR 250 just a standard road bike or set up for the track?

I'm looking for something nice and simple for my "come back" after a while recovering from injuries.