Fridge Rental Near Surasak Bts?

Sortapundit

My girlfriend and I are moving into a place between Surasak and Chong Nonsi BTS tomorrow. Nice place for a decent price, but it doesn't come with a fridge and the woman who set up the rental doesn't believe the landlord will acquire one for us.

Up in the north we used to rent appliances from a little old man down the street who was never seen without a screwdriver in his hand, but I'm a little clueless in Bangkok. Does anyone know where I can rent a few basic bits (mini fridge, small stove, maybe a microwave) for about four months? If so, is it the kind of thing you can work out in English or is it better to ask a local friend to help?

Cheers :)

You can rent a fridge from the apartment, but if it's a condo, then I believe you can buy something really cheap ( cheaper than renting for 4 months ) around China Town. You can also get a used microwave there. For a stove, you can buy an induction plate for about 800 baht from Tesco Lotus or Big C.

Cheers smile.png I'll head down to Chinatown and take a look smile.png

You can buy a smallish fridge for about 1,000-3,000 baht all over Bangkok. "Renting a fridge" sounds like something that only a poor Thai would do who can't afford to hand over 1,000 baht in a single transaction... You're not earning 6,000 baht a month like the Thais, are you?