Best Way To Send A Tourist Visa Application To Australian Embassy ?

I am in Australia and my Thai wife is just about to apply for a Tourist Visa to come and see me. As she finds it difficult to get time away from work, I guess she will have to use a courier service to get it to the Oz Embassy in Bangkok ( together with

her passport ) and pick it up again. Is this the usual process ? Does anyone know the names of reputable couriers ?

And while I'm asking, the method of payment would be....er.....bank draft ? I'm not sure how to tell her that......is there a Thai phrase for this ?

Edited by Latindancer

If you go to the web site I think you will find that you can do the application on line now. I will be doing the same for my sister in law next week. If you have all the information required you might be able to do it yourself from Australia.

She should make time to go in person, this is from personal experience, just recently got a tourist visa for my mates G/F, he is in OZ she is in Bangkok, he is a very substantially well off bloke, she is a good hard working lady with a good job and money in the bank, it took three application before she was granted a three months visa, the first two applications were put in person at Thai CC House, the Australian visa centre in Bangkok, before putting the third application in I went with her to the Thai CC House, they have a special officer that she can speak with, the officer with tell her what she should submit in the application, your information is a lot more important than hers, they will tell her all she needs to know.

If you go to the web site I think you will find that you can do the application on line now. I will be doing the same for my sister in law next week. If you have all the information required you might be able to do it yourself from Australia.

Hey David ... it would be great if this was true .... I might be mis-reading this information from the Aust Gov't website, but it appears that Thailand remains an ineligible country to submit a Tourist application for on-line.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/eligible-passports.htm

(Eligible Passports for Online Applications)

If you are successful with the on-line application please update us here.

I agree with Merlin in post #7 ... in person application remains the best way.

Good Luck with the application and remember, no matter how frustrating the application progress becomes, be polite and, if visiting the Embassy in person, conservative dress and smiles help.

Rubbish!! You CAN send the application in by secured mail (The Oz Embassy website tells you this too) enclosing a paid envelope for return by secured mail. I have done this a number if times and it is by far my preferred method - you just have to ,make absolutely sure that all the documentation is A1 before you send it - I tend to overdo it just to make sure!

Yes, you can use VFS, but they have caused me more problems than they are worth. Their Changmai office uses a different set of rules to the Embassy (and even their own website) and you don't know about them until you arrive. eg. The Oz Embassy site says to have a Bank Draft made out to "Australian Embassy Bangkok". VFS will reject that because they demand a "The" on the front end! Even the cheque to themselves will be rejected if it does not have a p/l on the end - their own website did not even require this the last time I looked.

I have successfully applied for an Oz visitor's visa for my wife 5 times now. The last 3 have been done via secured post.

Your wife WILL have to personally visit the Visa office for her first visa. After that, no need.

My Thai GF applied for a 1 year multiple entry permit to Australia in October 2011. I went with her to VFS in Bangkok. It was all very well run and we only had to wait about 1/2 hour. She was granted the visa in 3 working days and informed by mail that her application was successful. Just don't put all the documentation in separate folders. One big bundle is what the seem to want. I think it cost just over 3k baht cash. She filled in her address on an envelope they supplied for the documentation to be returned to her.

Edited by senor123

OP

Sometimes you just have to look at the appropriate websites to obtain your answer rather

than relying on the often incorrect information here.

From the Oz Embassy website:

By mail or courier to the Australian Embassy

Visa and Immigration Office

Australian Embassy Bangkok

37 South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10120

Please ensure you have enclosed appropriate Visa Charges by Cashier’s Cheque purchased in Bangkok or Nonthaburi, Samutprakarn provinces; or Bank Draft if purchased in other provinces within Thailand and payable to ‘Australian Embassy Bangkok’ in Thai Baht.

Applicant should provide a pre-paid envelope (EMS) with self-return address with the application. The Embassy however, can take no responsibility for any losses of document sent or return by mail and /or by courier services.

Edited by Will27

My Thai GF applied for a 1 year multiple entry permit to Australia in October 2011. I went with her to VFS in Bangkok. It was all very well run and we only had to wait about 1/2 hour. She was granted the visa in 3 working days and informed by mail that her application was successful. Just don't put all the documentation in separate folders. One big bundle is what the seem to want. I think it cost just over 3k baht cash. She filled in her address on an envelope they supplied for the documentation to be returned to her.

Use the info and check list from the Bangkok Embassy - it can vary with the DIMIA OZ site.

Put the documents in the same order as the included check list.

No need to go to BKK - use VFS and their courier will place your application on the top of the pile.

My experience is 3-4 days for approval from Patong. (but I'm circumspect).

Edited by Evilbaz

You cannot do visas electronically for thai people