Opposition Leader Abhisit Denies Plan To Topple Thai Government

webfact

The Democrat Party never drops any plan to topple a government. Together with the royalists they use the justice system (Which justice?) to grab power. They have no choice either as they lost all previous elections and will continue to do so.Soon they will use the fact that all the old men will die as an excuse to grab power from the people again. When someone would make a comment about that she will end up in jail for a long time waiting for a promised amnesty that will never come.

Isn't it terrible when people use the law. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Democrat Party never drops any plan to topple a government. Together with the royalists they use the justice system (Which justice?) to grab power. They have no choice either as they lost all previous elections and will continue to do so.Soon they will use the fact that all the old men will die as an excuse to grab power from the people again. When someone would make a comment about that she will end up in jail for a long time waiting for a promised amnesty that will never come.

Are you auditioning for a role in a mental health film?

It was only last November the great rumour monger Jatupon announced there was a plot to overthrow the government in early December. nothing happened.

i don't know if Yingluk is under great stress at the moment but her pronunciation of Thai words seems to be going seriously astray, according to a colleague, in responding to a query as to the safety of Bhumipol dam, she said there was no need to worry as it was made of khor-n-ka- reet, (คอ- น- ก- รืด) when of course she should have read it as khonkreet (คอนกรีด) -concrete.

Oh dear!

Perhaps, she was referring to that dam yogurt.

Well normally the alternative is to do it through the ballot box, not a skill they have mastered.

• Like 1

This article is further proof, if any were needed, that the previous PM is a liar and a fraud, and is serving interests other than his party's.

I totally agree. He's still crying about being voted out by a large margin. I have to wonder what makes him think people actually care what he says. He truly wants to be a player, but he's a washed up, has been. He didn't do anything but talk when he was in office and yet, he tries to tell Yingluck how to run the government. Comical indeed.

Really?

How many people are on the 300B minimum wage?

How many grads are on 15,000B per month?

How many pupils have tablet PCs?

How many rice farmers have received 15,000B per tonne of rice?

How many flood prevention measures have been implemented?

Talk, talk, talk......

And did my family miss the process to get the funds coming from the 'everybody will be rich in six months' promise'? Anybody know how to claim this?

Yes... I'd like to apply too..... clap2.gif

yes it is. The tools of democracy can be misused. Thailand is not unique in that regard, nor is there a big difference between Thaksin and his opponents.

This article is further proof, if any were needed, that the previous PM is a liar and a fraud, and is serving interests other than his party's.

I totally agree. He's still crying about being voted out by a large margin. I have to wonder what makes him think people actually care what he says. He truly wants to be a player, but he's a washed up, has been. He didn't do anything but talk when he was in office and yet, he tries to tell Yingluck how to run the government. Comical indeed.

Really?

Talk, talk, talk......

Despite opposition from the business lobby, the democrats, and the flooding, the projects you mentioned above are in the execution phase.

Whether one agrees with any given program or not, the government is moving forward on its agenda.

Well normally the alternative is to do it through the ballot box, not a skill they have mastered.

Winning an election does not give one the right to break the law. The job of the opposition is to keep tabs on the government. To do that sometimes requires using the justice system.

• Like 2

IMO your description fits Thaksin better than Abhisit: not well, but better.

Bottom Line: Thaksin is a complete phony (like Bush) whereas Abhisit is merely a professional politician (like Obama).

Edited by GazR

PM clone and chalerm will bring it down on their own,

“We have received confirmation from all sources that the rumor of a coup is not true. The rumor was spread by some faction, but it is not true.” - Thaksin Shinawatra - His first statement while in New York, following the news of the 2006 coup.

"I came here as prime minister but left as an unemployed man," - Thaksin Shinawatra said while leaving New York after he was deposed as interim prime minister in the 2006 Thailand coup d'état while he was at the United Nations headquarters.

And may he long continue to be an Unemployed man!

• Like 1

Thailand is rife with rumours, my taxi driver today told me, quite seriously, that Yingluck takes amphetamines. When asked how he knows he replied, it is common knowledge.

Comments in the media are often in the same category.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for my part I thought Abhisit looked and sounded the part, The problem with Thai politics, well one of them, is trying to control the sounds and actions of people in your own party/alliance who are suppossed to be on your side singing from the same hymmsheet.

The current outfit have not distinquished themselves in any way apart from limping from one disaster to another and promising the earth and delivering virtually nothing. Could do better.

Yes you are correct. Thaksin is a liar and a fraud.. he claims to love the poor while taking millions from the country in his corrupt business deals then lies about it and flees the country.

Edited by thaicbr

^ indeed, it's only a matter of waiting until 2015 for the 300 baht minimum wage to go into effect.

rolleyes.gif

Perhaps longer for the others as none of them have progressed.

*poof* and there goes another election promise (15,000 baht/month for bachelor degree holders).

As a result, the minimum salary will increase from 9,140 baht to 11,680 baht for bachelor’s degree graduates

NNT - January 31, 2012

http://thainews.prd....id=255501310022

Edited by Buchholz

Sounds like a planted rumuor? The nature of politics is you are always going to get smoke and mirrors. If anyone was going to topple a government it would be the military, and that won't happen unless the government really steps out of line?

Thailand is already wealthy without Taksins steerage. Again misinformation to cause confusion.

The best reconciliation is for people to put the past behind them and get on with their lives. For the government to create a fair and law abiding society so that people can get on with their lives, prosper and live without intimidation and fear. The only 'reconciliation' I have seen so far is to reward those who terrorized, intimidated and broke the law before. This does not seem fair to those who did obey the law and respected the wishes and rights of others?

I agree completely.

“We have received confirmation from all sources that the rumor of a coup is not true. The rumor was spread by some faction, but it is not true.” - Thaksin Shinawatra - His first statement while in New York, following the news of the 2006 coup.

"I came here as prime minister but left as an unemployed man," - Thaksin Shinawatra said while leaving New York after he was deposed as interim prime minister in the 2006 Thailand coup d'état while he was at the United Nations headquarters.

Ought he not to have said "I came here as a time-expired caretaker-PM, but left as a self-employed billionaire international-businessman" ?

Ought he not to have said "I came here as a time-expired caretaker-PM, but left as a self-employed billionaire international-businessman" ?

Perhaps he should have said that he was illegally holding the post of Prime Minister as he had already formally resigned and HM the King had accepted his resignation.

He then went on holiday and a pro tem acting Prime Minister was appointed.

Three weeks later he came back, usurped the caretaker Prime Ministers position, did not have the courtesy to inform HM the King nor present any credentials to the King for affirmation.

When he went to New York he was actually illegally claiming that he was the Prime Minister.

As far as I understand Thai politics ALL ministers AND the Prime Minister are presented to HM the King and swear an oath that they will uphold the Monarcy, the constitution and work for the country and the people.

If they refuse to do this then they are not considered as a Minister or part of the government.

Please correct me if I am wrong and explain where I am wrong.

• Like 1

^ indeed, it's only a matter of waiting until 2015 for the 300 baht minimum wage to go into effect.

rolleyes.gif

*poof* and there goes another election promise (15,000 baht/month for bachelor degree holders).

As a result, the minimum salary will increase from 9,140 baht to 11,680 baht for bachelor’s degree graduates

NNT - January 31, 2012

mr T pulls the string and the puppet "Cabinet nods to new salary adjustments"

rolleyes.gif

NNT - January 31, 2012

mr T pulls the string and the puppet "Cabinet nods to new salary adjustments"

Edited by z12

Really?

Talk, talk, talk......

Despite opposition from the business lobby, the democrats, and the flooding, the projects you mentioned above are in the execution phase.

Whether one agrees with any given program or not, the government is moving forward on its agenda.

You may say that, I could not possibly comment.

yes it is. The tools of democracy can be misused. Thailand is not unique in that regard, nor is there a big difference between Thaksin and his opponents.

No idea what you mean, please explain further.

Really?

Talk, talk, talk......

= Everybody will be rich in six months - nothing happening.

= 15,000 minimum start for new graduates - just checked with a Thai fiend who owns / runs a fairly big local comapny - his HR people checking regularly - still total confusion - more questions than answers.

= Tablets for P1 kids, supposedly to be delivered to the kids very soon. Deal all done with China and what happened to all the insistance that purchase would be transparent. And even more to the point, the Ed. Ministry folks have said openly that specification for the learning software and the actual content not yet near any decisions.

= 300Baht min wage, another several years for many provinces, breaking the election promises.

+ promises on pork and egg prices not kept..

• Like 1

Winning an election does not give one the right to break the law. The job of the opposition is to keep tabs on the government. To do that sometimes requires using the justice system.

It helps if the Justice system is backing you up as they did the democrats in the April 2006 election. In the true spirit of democracy the democrats boycotted the election and bribed small parties to do likewise. In contrast the TRT bribed small parties to contest the election. The Attorney General found the democrats guilty and voted to dissolve the party. In the meantime the Army did their thing and held a coup. Consequently a Junta tribunal cleared abhisit and co. and just for good measure dissolved and banned the TRT members for 5 years. A fine example of the justice system. The PPP were next in the firing line.

• Like 1

It helps if the Justice system is backing you up as they did the democrats in the April 2006 election. In the true spirit of democracy the democrats boycotted the election and bribed small parties to do likewise. In contrast the TRT bribed small parties to contest the election. The Attorney General found the democrats guilty and voted to dissolve the party. In the meantime the Army did their thing and held a coup. Consequently a Junta tribunal cleared abhisit and co. and just for good measure dissolved and banned the TRT members for 5 years. A fine example of the justice system. The PPP were next in the firing line.

And what a beautiful day it was when that happened! Scum getting thrown out while the biggest of the scum couldn't come back home!