Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya

webfact

I don't think these guys were nice people. I went the other day to an Irish pub near my home and I saw some young patrons becoming obnoxious and loud.

What if the situation would be reversed?

Suppose two Thai guys get drunk in a pub in Ireland and start to become nasty with the patrons and the girls....

There are no pubs in Ireland that cater for Thais sexual needs, are there. Not even remotely similar.

A MAZ ING ... Thai Visa wins the "you simply must be kidding award" yet again.

Two drunks got in a fight, even after getting a refund... returned to the scene, armed...stabbed a few people....

wait for it .....

It is the Thai's fault!

P R I C E L E S S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. <deleted> is wrong with you people?!

That's true...assuming the version of events reported in the newspaper article...coming mostly from the Thai side of things...is correct and accurate...

I don't know one way or the other... But some of the details recounted in the article seem a little less than genuine...

The girls left their job undone because the guys were too drunk? Since when are Pattaya beer bar girls not used to dealing with drunken louts... I'd suspect it's part of the job description, and an everyday thing... even dealing with drunk Irishmen... leaving aside drunk Russians, for the moment.

And who really started attacking who first? I know what the bar owner is saying...but the Irish guys are saying different... And since it was a Pattaya beer bar, presumably there were other farang customers around. But no corroboration stated from any of them...

I'm just saying... a lot of the supposed facts passed off in news reports posted here belong on toilet paper, not news paper.

first of all quote - the Irish guys are saying different - and you got that from where ?

there are no Thai thugs in New Plaza as already stated you're getting it confused with walking street or the like, I also know the bar owner and she did refund the money without question and would be inclined to give the girls concerned a roasting before pissing off a customer, the girls got frightened when they went to rooms and didn't want to stay for fear for themselves - they have every right to do so, the money was refunded but these English guys didn't want to stop there and yes - I say English, the fact they travelled on Irish passports is something that needs looking into also if true. Why are they hiding behind an alternate ID, there are many Living in Liverpool and other Cities in the UK with Irish decendants entitleing them to an Irish Passport, I would be inclined to look into their alternate identity, it might reveal just exactly who we are dealing with

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

Two drunks got in a fight, even after getting a refund... returned to the scene, armed...stabbed a few people....

wait for it .....

It is the Thai's fault!

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. <deleted> is wrong with you people?!

That's true...assuming the version of events reported in the newspaper article...coming mostly from the Thai side of things...is correct and accurate...

I don't know one way or the other... But some of the details recounted in the article seem a little less than genuine...

The girls left their job undone because the guys were too drunk? Since when are Pattaya beer bar girls not used to dealing with drunken louts... I'd suspect it's part of the job description, and an everyday thing... even dealing with drunk Irishmen... leaving aside drunk Russians, for the moment.

And who really started attacking who first? I know what the bar owner is saying...but the Irish guys are saying different... And since it was a Pattaya beer bar, presumably there were other farang customers around. But no corroboration stated from any of them...

I'm just saying... a lot of the supposed facts passed off in news reports posted here belong on toilet paper, not news paper.

first of all quote - the Irish guys are saying different - and you got that from where ?

there are no Thai thugs in New Plaza as already stated you're getting it confused with walking street or the like, I also know the bar owner and she did refund the money without question and would be inclined to give the girls concerned a roasting before pissing off a customer, the girls got frightened when they went to rooms and didn't want to stay for fear for themselves - they have every right to do so, the money was refunded but these English guys didn't want to stop there and yes - I say English, the fact they travelled on Irish passports is something that needs looking into also if true. Why are they hiding behind an alternate ID, there are many Living in Liverpool and other Cities in the UK with Irish decendants entitleing them to an Irish Passport, I would be inclined to look into their alternate identity, it might reveal just exactly who we are dealing with

do as you likeys!!!

Most people will disagree with this but I am made up about it. Good for them. They face a world full os <deleted> owing to this but never the less, I am glad that finaly the boot is on the other foot for a change.

Im tired of hearing about ferangs beaten up by a mob of taxi drivers and i agree with an earlier poster that it was a question of time before a mob of thais turned on the wrong dudes. These guys obviously can have a row and refuse to back down and it sounds like they put it back on the original aggressors so, <deleted> it... fair play to them. I wish them both luck.

It's not necessarily over yet. I'd hate to be the Irish guys in prison.

Funny how so many are quick to assume the Irish guys are innocent and it was all the Thai's fault. Actually none of us know what really happened .... but matter who started it, I gotta feeling the Irish guys aren't completely innocent.

It's also not funny how many men think that getting really drunk somehow makes them more manly or cool. You see a heroine junkie stumbling on the street and think what a fool .... but you see a drunk stumbling and talking gibberish and picking fights and you laugh at the funny show, and say "Oh, he's an alright guy ... he's only drunk". Having grown up with an alcoholic, violent father I hate drunks and see not one bit of humor in their pathetic lives.

Wow! I feel so much better now that I got that off my chest.

• Like 2

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Some people don't like being picked on by a mob and will retaliate. It's quite telling that there are four victims here and only two suspects.

It seems to me like the usual situation where a mob attacked a couple of people but this time the mob lost the brawl.

That's right. Blame the 'Thai mob'

Read the story. The Irish returned to get their money back. The owner gave them their money. They weren't satisfied for some reason, caused more ruckus and assaulted two customers in the bar. Staff and motorcycle guys came to aid of bar owner. The Irish left. The bar was shut down and owner of bar takes two unidentified victims to hospital. The two farangs then returned to the bar and started the brawl with the 4 Thai guys who had probably forced them to leave after the money was refunded.

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

Whats wrong with you they got scammed and went back to get there money back and when they were refiused the bulleys tried to bully them and this time they picked on the wrong guys/

If you are such a pussy that you will let them scam you then live with it thankfully these guys got the upper hand

Nice to see it coming out the other way for a change

Sorry they might be dealing with some bullshit

Dk

Edited by DiamondKing

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Some people don't like being picked on by a mob and will retaliate. It's quite telling that there are four victims here and only two suspects.

It seems to me like the usual situation where a mob attacked a couple of people but this time the mob lost the brawl.

pick on the Irish-- silly Thai hooligans

Alcohol often fuels violence. Violence begets violence. In that these large muscled people returned to the bar, obviously looking for trouble, does not make them look innocent in my eyes. Large muscled people are often overly aggressive. Often they behave like bullies. This is how they tend to get their feelings of self esteem. They confuse people's fear of them with their assumption that it is respect for them. It is not. Of course everyone is not that way. I exercise, and have done some martial arts for many years. However, I do not claim great skill in this. It is purely for physical health. I would prefer to walk away from a fight. I would only fight in self defense. These Irish men/Liverpudlians/British stabed people in the neck, and thigh. Both of these are wounds near major arteries that could have resulted in death. Just to avoid an argument. I mention that I am a dual national, British and America. All of this for the sake of a few thousand Baht. Any one has the right to have second thoughts about providing the services that they paid for. I for one do not doubt that they recieved a refund. But in their drunken rage they thought that they were not being treated with the respect that they thought they should recieve. You cannot reason with drunkards.

wait for it .....

It is the Thai's fault!

To be sure. the Thai bar shouldn't have let them get so drunk....

Oh my God, you actually typed that and hit "send"

Really? It is the fault of the bar for letting them get so drunk.

Even if that sentence was not just insane....

Did you read the part where they left and came back? Do you think that stabbing people might indicate some very interesting blood chemistry.

Sorry, I owe you an apology, only Thais abuse drugs and alcohol.

Look at that dude's photo...

Can you say "Steroid Rage???"

Screw it...can you say "Drunk Irishman?"

yet more sarcasm wasted on an american ??

wait for it .....

It is the Thai's fault!

This.

You talk really big behind your computer LOL I bet your a right wimp that would piss your pants if you met one of the so called people you call scum LOL

i think its clear who the brain dead one is LOL

dk

What? Up against two mindless thugs armed with knives. Darn right I would piss my pants.

No chance against knife wielding thugs like that. People attack with deadly weapons for one reason and that is to kill. In other words these two are potential killers.

Hopefully they are now in police custody and under secure control. Let them stay in their own countries where this sort of behaviour is more run of the mill. Certainly don`t need them in Thailand.

Mates of yours, are they?

If it was up to me, people commiting a crime with a knife or a gun would automatically receive a double sentence, because it is not acceptable to carry such weapons in a civilised country; in addition to the sentence for carrying the weapon. Villains carry these weapons to try and make it easier to commitother crimes; regardless of whether they use the weapon, or whether it is referenced, they should be discouraged from doing so - so that house breakers feel that it is safer to go unarmed; so that ruffians think it is safer to drink unarmed.

If hooligans think that they should carry a knife for their own protection then sooner or later, someone will end up stabbed. So don't put up with people carrying knives (or guns or baseball bats or whatever)

SC

lots of nice, classy characters in thailand wink.png

my advice is to get a girlfriend and leave the bar scene alone.

Lots of foreigners sell there homes abroad and settle in places like Issan with their ex bar girls. They are welcomed into the home and during the milking process are convinced that they are now Thai. Some of them begin to resent the foreigners that have a good time in the bars, these individuals are quite vocal in certain forums.

Its during this milking process when they delude themselves that they have done humanity a great service in rescuing this poor girl from her terrible fate. They start to really hate their own people, something Thai people never do.

This " Thai'er than Thai" delusion is very common and some start to taken themselves far too seriously. All very well until the money runs out and they go home broke with their tails between their legs. I think thats where the term "Land of make believe" comes from.

Very succinct and true post!

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

I have a simple explaination for that...the link didn't take me to the article and I couldn't see a link to the article on the main page so I just commented on the original post.

Edit : I don't believe for one minute the bar owner just handed over the money without some major problems.

neither do I, what bar has ever returned bar fine money.

Two Irish men arrested by Police following stabbing at Central Pattaya Bar

http://www.pattayaon...al-pattaya-bar/

Edited by wxyz

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

Us brits............their irish!

To be fair there's a fairly substantial number of British people living on the Island of Ireland but I doubt you'd really know about much outside your own county

There is also a huge amount of Irish living in England,So?

Edited by MAJIC

i go to thailand alot. it is a familiar scene where most patrons are so drunk that they start fights and quarels . i myself have done it. it is not worth it. these 2 are now in the hands of the police and not the world bof money can do a thing for them good luck to them. hope they wont just disappear mysteriously.

i go to thailand alot. it is a familiar scene where most patrons are so drunk that they start fights and quarels . i myself have done it. it is not worth it. these 2 are now in the hands of the police and not the world bof money can do a thing for them good luck to them. hope they wont just disappear mysteriously.

My experience is that if you have someone that will speak on your behalf, mischief beyond your own recollection may be excused, or at least forgotten.

In my view, if you pull a knife, you can reasonably expect it to be used against you; I'm not so handy that I would take on anyone, least of all 300 at the pass of thermopylae, or whatever. My advice would be to curl up and take whatever kicking you had coming, and rely on the benificence that you had earned from passers-by and the impatience of your aggressors...

SC

My experience is that if you have someone that will speak on your behalf, mischief beyond your own recollection may be excused, or at least forgotten.

In my view, if you pull a knife, you can reasonably expect it to be used against you; I'm not so handy that I would take on anyone, least of all 300 at the pass of thermopylae, or whatever. My advice would be to curl up and take whatever kicking you had coming, and rely on the benificence that you had earned from passers-by and the impatience of your aggressors...

SC

I suspect like most I'm not tasty but game if pushed into a corner, coming as I do from an enclave where such random violence is simply accepted as the norm.

Thing is I do my best to avoid it. I struggle to understand why some people actively seek it out, even when on holiday.

SC

I suspect like most I'm not tasty but game if pushed into a corner, coming as I do from an enclave where such random violence is simply accepted as the norm.

Thing is I do my best to avoid it. I struggle to understand why some people actively seek it out, even when on holiday.

It's a long time since I've seen more than a casual clap in the chops; why are so many of our fellow posters so relapsed to casual acts of violence?

SC

Not sure how anyone can defend the actions of these two thugs. Regardless of the reputation of Thais ganging up on farang at the slightest provocation. If in fact the chain of events played out as related in the article, these two thugs will be pumping iron in the monkey house for a long time.

I wonder if some of the posters here have ever encountered a drunk, tatted, steriod freak from the UK before. Not a pleasant experience I can assure you. Let's put it this way, whenever in a bar and I hear a UK accent coming from a drunk and there are more than two of them, I check bin and go somewhere else as there will invariably be a fracus.

So you believe the bar staff, taxi guys and police?

Not sure how anyone can defend the actions of these two thugs. Regardless of the reputation of Thais ganging up on farang at the slightest provocation. If in fact the chain of events played out as related in the article, these two thugs will be pumping iron in the monkey house for a long time.

I wonder if some of the posters here have ever encountered a drunk, tatted, steriod freak from the UK before. Not a pleasant experience I can assure you. Let's put it this way, whenever in a bar and I hear a UK accent coming from a drunk and there are more than two of them, I check bin and go somewhere else as there will invariably be a fracus.

How can you not PaulJones? Not that the witnesses are identified by race in any case....

They came to the bar to get their barfine and fought with Farangs. The Thais helped break it up and they left. Security guard just doing his job. What you would all be saying if the Thais had all just stood back and let him kick the crap out of the Farangs is another story.

Then they went back to the bar! Why would they go back a second time?

It doesn't matter who pulled the knife originally, if you willingly put yourself into a fight it's not self defense, it's stupidity.

All over a few hundred baht and some roid-ego

Edited by necronx99
  • Like 2

How can you not PaulJones? Not that the witnesses are identified by race in any case....

They came to the bar to get their barfine and fought with Farangs. The Thais helped break it up and they left. Security guard just doing his job. What you would all be saying if the Thais had all just stood back and let him kick the crap out of the Farangs is another story.

Then they went back to the bar! Why would they go back a second time?

It doesn't matter who pulled the knife originally, if you willingly put yourself into a fight it's not self defense, it's stupidity.

All over a few hundred baht and some roid-ego

You are assuming the bar owners, taxi guys and police are telling the truth about the incident. No way.

Thais are bashing farangs all the time these days and getting away with it.

There was a video posted the other day of a gang of Thais attacking a jet ski customer.

How's that investigation going?

http://www.andrew-dr...ory.php?sid=503

Interesting how farang bar flys won't help another farangs, maybe as one poster said, one of them is married to the owner, ya owner with his farang money no doubt, the other farang bar flys must be regulars and friends of the farang and his wife. Farangs getting bashed, 'murdered/suicided' and scammed every day and the perps go free. Not to mention the marriage scam.

Edited by wxyz

"The bar owner identified one of the suspects as Darren Philip Delaney."

The Bar owner knows this guy really well, I have close personal friends whom I have known for 20+ years and if you ask me what thier middle names are, I wouldn't have a clue. So I can only assume that the two alledged offenders were not simply tourists but long term expats who frequent this bar and the owner is a Farang also. A Thai person would identify someone as Mr Darren. A middle name means nothing to a Thai and a Thai would not identify him as Darren "Philip" Delany.