Beware Of Bangkok Bank Atm'S

One way I avoid ATM fraud is to have 2 scb accounts. They are linked online and I use one to pay bills and hold money and one to pull out money via atm. It is very easy for me to transfer the money I need to pull out in 2sec via my telephone. Then the ATM card that gets used is only able to pull out the cash I drop in there. The rest of the money is kept in a sep account. Also, I highly recommend you sign up for the cheap SMS service from SCB. I get sms alerts within moments of any activity on my accounts. Even before the atm card comes out I have a sms showing the withdraw amount.

Edited by Jayman

Never ever ever had a problem with any bank in Thailand, and I have or have had accounts with Bangkok Bank, Siam Commercial and Standard Chartered. In fact, after returning to the UK a couple of years ago and now being in HK, I find the service in Thai banks way ahead of those in the UK and on a par with HK.

When I returned to the UK, it took me weeks to get a simple bank account set up, notwithstanding I was a UK passport holder and was in a job paying a six figure salary. And credit card? Forget it. For the first four months, nothing. Then they deigned to give me a card with a limit equivalent to about two days salary. I gave up in the end, and converted my Thai Amex card to a UK one and used that instead.

Compare that with when I arrived in Thailand. I had an account sorted on my first day, and a credit card with a credit limit equivalent to six months gross salary within three weeks.

Just this morning I transfered from funds from HK to Thailand. I did this online from my Standard Chartered account in HK to Standard Chartered in Bangkok. Within forty minutes of me clicking the confirm button on my screen, Mrs B received an sms saying the funds had arrived and were accessible.

Never had a problem in dealing with Thai banks over 15 years.thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Likewise. No problems with ATMs or deposits made to the New York branch of Bangkok Bank to be credited to my account or anything else that potentially could go wrong ... more than 15 years now.

Machines can malfunction . Report the problem to your bank and/or Bangkok Bank.

Edited by Suradit69