Marriage Papers

jarhead50200

a thai girl from udon thani and i am from the usa are getting married. can you tell me what papers she needs and what papers i will need. we want to get married in chiang mai and where in chiang mai do we have to go?. legally married. i would like to hear from someone who has done this, thank you have a nice day.

Affirmation to Marry from the Consulate in CM, this needs to be translated into Thai (checking spelling of your names), then taken to the MFA for certification, (I think the MFA is also in CM, if not then BKK), then you can get legally married.

Her ID card and Tambien baan

Thai marriage documents needed

Thai Nationals

• 1. His/Her Identification Cards;
  • 2. Their house registration certificates;
  • 3. Proof of divorce or in the case of spousal death, proof of death must be made available.

Foreigners

• 1. A copy of the passport including the arrival card;
  • 2. Affirmation of eligibility to marry from the Embassy;
  • 3. Translated copies of the affirmation in Thai certified by an approved Foreign Ministry translator.
  • 4. Original proof of divorce or in the case of spousal death, proof of death must be made available.
  • 5. Passport showing entrance visa into Thailand.

Thai marriage procedures

2. Baht 800 per document for the same day service.1. Baht 400 per document, and it takes up to two full days or

• 6. Wait a few hours or collect it in 2 days from the Thai Consular Affairs office;
  • 7. Take the documents to the local District Registrar (also known as the 'Amphoe')[3] who will register the marriage and issue themarriage certificate. {There are two copies in Thailand and they will not issue new ones if lost so take good care of them}

• 8. Have certificate translated to English or your home language before leaving Thailand as they are costly to do overseas, Also if you intend to use it for visa or immigration purposes check for certification requirements by the desired country, as some require the Thai government to certify the translation. Personal experience not official policy }

http://en.wikipedia....i/Thai_marriage

Edited by uptheos

thank you all good info, just a couple questions:

1. what is tambien baan?

2. and i live just off tunghotel road near the india consulate, what district office would i go to?

again thank you for your help.

Tambien Baan=House registration book

You could start at Amphur Muang and ask them there.

• 2 weeks later...

Affirmation to Marry from the Consulate in CM, this needs to be translated into Thai (checking spelling of your names), then taken to the MFA for certification, (I think the MFA is also in CM, if not then BKK), then you can get legally married.

What is the MFA and is there one in Chiang Mai and if so where is it located

DK

DK

There wasn't years earlier. Fourteen years ago I had to make a trip to Embassy in Bangkok and then get translations done, then out near some stadium to the MFA to get documents. We had not translated the papers when we got out there because we didn't know about it. They sent us down the street a block to have it done during the lunch hour. Had to pay extra for quick service because we had air tickets to return to Chiangmai in the late afternoon. Go prepared because they will require all the right forms and documents before recording the docs.

DK

Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Just a guess.

And don't forget to bring your fully executed prenuptial agreement with you as it will need to be recorded at the same time as the registration of the marriage.