Double Entry Tourist Visa

Picked up my tourist visa yesterday from the Thai Consulate in Itaewon, Seoul, South Korea. Documents submitted were application, passport and copy of passport, one photo, copy of one way e-icket. I asked if double entry was possible and the officer said yes, 40,000 won per entry. Piece of cake.

• 8 months later...

Yes, but I always hear that to apply for a tourist visa, you have to show the embassy or consulate a round-trip ticket or other passage out of Thailand. Colorado wrote that he received a tourist visa after showing only a one-way ticket, which seems unusual. That's what I asked about.

Yes, but I always hear that to apply for a tourist visa, you have to show the embassy or consulate a round-trip ticket or other passage out of Thailand. Colorado wrote that he received a tourist visa after showing only a one-way ticket, which seems unusual. That's what I asked about.

As said, it really depends on the consulate you apply at. For a double entry a few consulates will want to see two tickets into Thailand, but it is not a general rule that applies to all consulates.

• 4 months later...

Question: Why apply for a visa in Seoul?

I live here in SK (US citizen) and just hop on the flight to Thailand. When I arrive, they stamp me in for a month - no questions asked. If I need more then a month I just tell them how long I wanna stay and they will hook me up for up to 3 months.

Visa exempt entry for an American passport is 30 days only for tourist entry - immigration has no option to provide longer on your request. Or are you talking about a non tourist entry?

Tourist Visa. It's been a LONG time since I needed one longer than 30 days. So maybe I got lucky.

• 10 months later...

I'm in Japan. I have heard they don't like handing out double or triple tourist visas. And it takes a month to process. I don't want to wait a month, as my work contracts finish end of feb. and waiting around for a month with no income is not something I want to do. Am i bestter to fly to korea and get a double or triple tourist visa there? - how long do they take to process? thanks in advance for any helpful info.

You might want to try the consulate in Osaka they state day next service: http://www.thaiconsulate.jp/wwwe/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=1%3Avisa&id=26%3Avisa-processing-and-procedure&Itemid=3

Just looked again at embassy website and it says next day for tourist visas: http://www.thaiembassy.jp/rte2/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=618&Itemid=61

You could also contact one of the honorary consulates in Japan listed here: http://www.guidetothailand.com/thailand-travel-information/honcon-asiapac.php

I thought one was required to show a round-trip ticket. You only showed a one-way ticket?

--------------------------

First of all it is unlikely to be a round trip ticket.

It would probably be a onward ticket out of Thailand to anywhere.

Usually what they concerned with is that if you enter Thailand you have a ticket to exit Thailand.

But, having said that, Thai embassies and consulates may have different requirements that are local to their area,

So a Thai consulate in one country may not have the same requirements for showing proof of a Thailand departure ticket as a neighboring country that might not have such a requirement.

Or, to put it another way, the local Thai embassy or consulate has some leeway to apply it's own requirements for them to issue a visa.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

How do u get a visa from loas I was told this is the only place I could get at list 3 months visa. Which is better road trip or flight

You can get a single or 2 entry tourist visa in Laos at the embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet.

You can do it by air or land it makes no difference for getting the visa.