Pattaya Fresh Fruit Market?

radiola

Where can i get local fruit sellers, in bangkok i could find them in every corner, but here, only tescto with overpriced stuff

for example 2 mangos for 70 bht

in bkk i could get better mangos like 10 of them for 100 bht

i need to find fresh market, i am not here to support greedy supermarket companies

If you are on the north side of town, there is Naklua Market. There is also a smaller market on Soi Pothisan. Also on Mondays and Thursdays, there is a market on Naklua Rd (near Soi16). These are just markets that seem to have fresh fruits, among other things.

As with any seasonal fruit, the price of mango varies from dirt cheap when they are in season to very expensive out of season.

There are markets all over town. I'm not familiar with your area but if you go up out Soi Kao Talo I'm sure you'll find a market with fruits within half an hour. Alternatively you could check out the Keha (Thepprasit) Night Market, just behind Tesco.

Try the 2 local markets in Jomtien; they'll definitely have what you want. Mornings (after 6:30), go to Ronpo Market, on Jomtien 2nd Road, behind Sois 5 & 7. Late afternoons (after 16:30), go to the big market on Soi Watboon (I use both, but this one is my preference- better prices). Good luck, krap!

cool.png

i stay near sukhumvit 85, near big tesco

There is an outdoor "fresh market" on Soi Watboon, not too far from the Tesco Lotus in S.Pattaya, so that shouldn't be too far. Variety and quantity varies, but the usually have mangos, dragonfruit and oranges, at minimum. Heading south on Sukhumvit from Tesco, Soi Watboon is the first traffic light. Turn right (the only direction you CAN turn), and the market is on the right side of the road about 1km down, opposite the 7-11 and Lotus Express.

The problem my missus has with the fresh fruit and vegetable stalls is that they put all the nice fruit or veg on display but want to give you the old, soft, mouldy stuff they have tucked away.

She always ends up in a shouting match with them when she starts picking the best stuff from the display as they don't want to sell that.

In the long run it's better to pay the higher prices and choose the best quality fruit and veg in the supermarkets.