Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Swanniesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just sayin wink.png

Three very hard games in the next 4 weeks. The last round is Geelong at Geelong. If they want to make the GF then they have to win some of these. Bolton off with a knee injury. Go the Sydney Swans

Swanniesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just sayin wink.png

Three very hard games in the next 4 weeks. The last round is Geelong at Geelong. If they want to make the GF then they have to win some of these. Bolton off with a knee injury. Go the Sydney Swans

Bolton would be a big loss, so fingers crossed there. They have a tough run home, collingwood, hawks, geeling (should win against WBU).

If they can beat 2 of the 3 top teams they are in good stead going into the finals.

Not mentioned!!! But i do believe that is 9 wins in a row for the swans, their best streak since they came to Sydney.

just sayin wink.png

Bolton would be a big loss, so fingers crossed there. They have a tough run home, collingwood, hawks, geeling (should win against WBU).

If they can beat 2 of the 3 top teams they are in good stead going into the finals.

Not mentioned!!! But i do believe that is 9 wins in a row for the swans, their best streak since they came to Sydney.

I think it maybe. I found this site about the Swans Interesting reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Swans

• Like 1

Just read that Dane Swan of Collingwood has been suspended by his club for 2 games. He was drinking on Sunday night. They play Sydney swans this weekend in Sydney.

Holy Cra_p!! That is GREAT news!

P.S. Well picked with Melbourne.

Edited by BookMan

Just read that Dane Swan of Collingwood has been suspended by his club for 2 games. He was drinking on Sunday night. They play Sydney swans this weekend in Sydney.

Thanks

I thought it was good news. Swans will miss Bolton

Thanks

I thought it was good news. Swans will miss Bolton

Bolton is a loss for the Swans no doubt. He is averaging 20 disposals, but he also does a lot of had work off the ball.

Sydney will be over the moon about Dane Swan being out. His last 3 games he has been the highest or 2nd highest on the total disposals

Swan had 31 disposals against St Kilda (kicked 2,2), 37 aaginst GWS (kicked 5.2) 49 in their loss to Hawthorn (kicked 2.0)

Good win the Eagles.

Pity we don't get to watch next weeks Western Derby

between Freo and WCE.

With the game being on a Sat, I thought it was a chance

to be shown but not to be.

Regards

Will

Didn't realize it was on the Saturday. A danger game, and a must win, for the Eagles if they are to have a chance. (only top 4 win premierships).

Freo has improved recently and are contenders for the hotly contested position 8 on the ladder. Could be a good game.

I like to watch West Coast live every week, so when the game's not on the OZ Network I use; http://www.afl.livesport.tv/

It's about 600 Baht/month or 300 Baht for 7 days and shows live streams of every game each round. Replays of each game seem to be available 8-12 hours after they have finished.The streams aren't always crystal clear but definitely more than watchable, if you like viewing your team every week.

West Coast V Collingwood on the 25/8 is on Australian network at 1630.

Good win to West Coast. The umpires made the wrong statement tonight. The deliberate out of bounds was way over the top. They were consistent but consistently wrong. The only interstate team to beat them at home are the Swans. Sorry I am biased I hope the Swans win tomorrow but it will be difficult.

Good win to West Coast. The umpires made the wrong statement tonight. The deliberate out of bounds was way over the top. They were consistent but consistently wrong. The only interstate team to beat them at home are the Swans. Sorry I am biased I hope the Swans win tomorrow but it will be difficult.

Looked like a close game throughout.

Yes it will be difficult, but Collingwood suspending Swan could be the tipping point in our favour

I agree, way too many deliberate out of bounds. I think they must've had a directive from the board

and it will probably be the same across the whole round.

I wish the Syd game was at the SCG instead of ANZ.

I hope the Swans get up but I'm tipping Collingwood.

Regards

will

I agree, way too many deliberate out of bounds. I think they must've had a directive from the board

and it will probably be the same across the whole round.

I wish the Syd game was at the SCG instead of ANZ.

I hope the Swans get up but I'm tipping Collingwood.

Regards

will

ANZ stadium favours Collingwood a bit?

I think the ANZ Stadium still has the crowd record for a game outside VIC. 2003, almost 73000 fans for the ...Collingwood v Sydney game!

I don't mind the crackdown on deliberate out of bounds. It is going on too much, despite how players try and hide it. If there is a crackdown on it it will miraculously stop I am sure.

If team A is pressuring team B, Team B still usually have the option of playing to a contested situation. At least Team B would have a chance of regaining possession and team A has a chance of reward for its pressure. That's a better option for Team B than a penalty for deliberate out of bounds.

I think the next big rule challenge for the AFL will be interpretation of the head rule. It is easy to see that players will be able to milk this rule.

Geelong so close and yet so far away against West Coast. Even after Tom Hawkins KO'd himself in the first quarter.

In the space of 12 short months, the Tomahawk has transformed himself from being a limp dick into one of the hardest men in the game.

Geelong so close and yet so far away against West Coast. Even after Tom Hawkins KO'd himself in the first quarter.

In the space of 12 short months, the Tomahawk has transformed himself from being a limp dick into one of the hardest men in the game.

he was playing VFA last year wasnt he?

Swans V Collingwood

What a great game! not high scoring, but played tough and the winner not decided until the final minutes.

These two are both genuine GF contenders, IMHO (slightly biased of course).

Swans let themselves down with poor kicking at goal. Couple of easy ones they missed cost the game, but the pressure was on throughout. Sydney also missed having a forward who could take a mark in the contest. Goodes was not on song and couldn't provide the spark they needed. Game could have gone either way. Bodes well for both teams.

Swans V Collingwood

What a great game! not high scoring, but played tough and the winner not decided until the final minutes.

Swans let themselves down with poor kicking at goal. Couple of easy ones they missed cost the game, but the pressure was on throughout. Sydney also missed having a forward who could take a mark in the contest. Goodes was not on song and couldn't provide the spark they needed. Game could have gone either way. Bodes well for both teams.

I think it's imperative for the Swans to get a home final if they want to make it.

At this stage of the season Collingwood look the goods but it can change pretty quickly.

Cannot discount Ade and they will have a home final.

I can see a large gap between the top for and the rest now.

Judging on the next 3 games I think the top 4 in order will be:

Ade

Coll

Syd &

Hawks.

So, Ade v Hawks in Ade and

Syd V Coll in Melbourne.

Regards

Will

Swans V Collingwood

I think it's imperative for the Swans to get a home final if they want to make it.

At this stage of the season Collingwood look the goods but it can change pretty quickly.

Ade

Coll

Syd &

Hawks.

Syd V Coll in Melbourne.

Regards

Will

I watched the first half of the Swans Collingwood yesterday but mised the rest. Everytime Sydney plays my wife organises outings ( St Kilk,a trip to Chiang Rai) So at half time yesterday she says I have to go to hospital. How inconsiderate. Our baby was born this morning. I am very glad to miss the rest. I did not find out the result until this afternoon.

Back to AFL

Well done Collingwood on their win.

Will I think you maybe spot on.I think that Adelaide will be number 1 with their easy draw. Collingwood have play West Coast over there but Sydney have to play 2 very hard last round games. The smokie in the field maybe Nth Melbourne but I have read they have some injuries.

Swans V Collingwood

Ade

Coll

Syd &

Hawks.

Syd V Coll in Melbourne.

Regards

Will

I watched the first half of the Swans Collingwood yesterday but mised the rest. Everytime Sydney plays my wife organises outings ( St Kilk,a trip to Chiang Rai) So at half time yesterday she says I have to go to hospital. How inconsiderate. Our baby was born this morning. I am very glad to miss the rest. I did not find out the result until this afternoon.

Back to AFL

Will I think you maybe spot on.I think that Adelaide will be number 1 with their easy draw. Collingwood have play West Coast over there but Sydney have to play 2 very hard last round games. The smokie in the field maybe Nth Melbourne but I have read they have some injuries.

Congrats on the birth of your chlid Rip! smile.png

These last 4 games could also favour Sydney. They will go into the finals having played some hard games. The Collingwood game felt like finals footy. Sydney's weakness could be its forward line. A lack of talls who can mark inside the 50. Sam Reid will be back and I hope he can produce some form again.

Swans V Collingwood

Ade

Coll

Syd &

Hawks.

Syd V Coll in Melbourne.

Regards

Will

Back to AFL

Congrats on the birth of your chlid Rip! smile.png

These last 4 games could also favour Sydney. They will go into the finals having played some hard games. The Collingwood game felt like finals footy. Sydney's weakness could be its forward line. A lack of talls who can mark inside the 50. Sam Reid will be back and I hope he can produce some form again.

Thanks Bookman

These easy game that Adelaide have may play against them. I hope so anyway.

Swans V Collingwood

Ade

Coll

Syd &

Hawks.

Syd V Coll in Melbourne.

Regards

Will

Back to AFL

Congratulations to your wife and yourself on your new arrival.