Kilometers Per Litre Of Lpg

simple1

Hi, I have a new Proton Saga 1.3. Proton advise I can have installed by them a 38 litre LPG donut tank, so covered by warranty. I realise driving style and road conditions will impact k's per litre, but can anyone provide any insight? Thanks...

I only use LPG in my Pajero with a 4.6 ltr Toyota engine. If drive economical about 8 Km liter and in racing mode down to 5 Km liter.I think all depends on driving style, used LPG system, Turbo adjustment and driving distance. A hot engine use less LPG then a cold one. The Airco play a minor role in usage by me, The night lights, 6 x 65 Watt plus some back/dashboard lights, play a big role and on longer trips and on good roads,,,, i switch of 1 pair of lights to save LPG and reload the second battery. I know this info will not help you lot because the difference in car but be sure that all that you switch on use energy and that energy must come your controlled LPG explosions.

Regards

Dutch_Rdam. jap.gif

LPG will give lower KPL than other fuels 91, 95, E10, or E20; you'll use around 10% more fuel. The actual amount of money you will save will depend on the prices of the fuels; the Bangkokpost reported that LPG and NGV would rise to 18baht per litre/kg over 2012 as the subsidies were gradually removed. While NGV has indeed risen to 10b/kg, other fuels have also shot up by >5b/litre since only January.

To calculate the real savings, you then need to consider the installation costs and servicing charge for the LPG system plus any maintenance related to premature engine wear. This is on top on standard servicing intervals as recommended by Proton.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a donut LPG thingy. I was getting 270 km per 42 litres on the highways.

Now, in town I only get about 135 km per 42 litres or about 500 baht.

DOes this sound right or do I need to get it tuned?

Difficult to answer, but as you're only getting 3.2 ks per litre of LPG get it checked out. With a 1300 cc engine I get around 7/8 ks per litre in heavy traffic

I think that you need to do something ... our old Mazda Lantis 1.8Ltr costs somewhat less than 2Baht/km on the highway. Yes in heavy traffic you will use a lot more fuel ... but I'm surprised that you use twice as much.

A 'sucker' system is not as economic s an injection system.

What Kms/Ltr are you getting on gasoline? You will get 10% less on LPG ... as I said previous. So check the gasoline usage and then you will see where the problem lies.

Get it back to the car shop. Is there a strong smell of LPG from the exhaust on idling? You should just be able to detect it and not smell anything when you lift the bonnet.

Hi, I have a new Proton Saga 1.3. Proton advise I can have installed by them a 38 litre LPG donut tank, so covered by warranty. I realise driving style and road conditions will impact k's per litre, but can anyone provide any insight? Thanks...

How are you finding the Saga? Did you get the lpg fitted? If yes how much was it?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by thaicbr

How are you finding the Saga? Did you get the lpg fitted? If yes how much was it?

Proton Saga is fine for my needs for driving around Pattaya and the occasional longer trips. If you are looking for quick acceleration, nippy performance it's not for you. I bought the Saga as I didn't want to spend much money on a car in Thailand & buying a second hand vehicle in Thailand was a no for me. By the way I bought a manual shift, didn't like the auto version.

LPG fitted by Proton recommended installation company, so is covered by Proton warranty and was 19,000 baht. Proton did the liaison with my insurance company to be covered for the modification. Also needs to be certified by the transport office who issue a safety certificate that needs to be displayed on the windscreen (cost approx 500 baht). I am happy with my decision as no noticeable performance impact and saving around 65% on fuel costs, so will pay for itself in less than a year

Edited by simple1

Proton Saga is fine for my needs for driving around Pattaya and the occasional longer trips. If you are looking for quick acceleration, nippy performance it's not for you. I bought the Saga as I didn't want to spend much money on a car in Thailand & buying a second hand vehicle in Thailand was a no for me. By the way I bought a manual shift, didn't like the auto version.

LPG fitted by Proton recommended installation company, so is covered by Proton warranty and was 19,000 baht. Proton did the liaison with my insurance company to be covered for the modification. Also needs to be certified by the transport office who issue a safety certificate that needs to be displayed on the windscreen (cost approx 500 baht). I am happy with my decision as no noticeable performance impact and saving around 65% on fuel costs, so will pay for itself in less than a year

Ok thanks. I'm presuming from the specs. That its top speed to be about 160kmh and can easily cruise at 120-130 ish.

What's the suspension like is it smooth?

Thanks I have seen one on taladrod for 399.000b

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Ok thanks. I'm presuming from the specs. That its top speed to be about 160kmh and can easily cruise at 120-130 ish.

What's the suspension like is it smooth?

Thanks I have seen one on taladrod for 399.000b

sent from my Wellcom A90+

I haven't checked out top speed, but cruising at 120 ks is fine. No issue with suspension. Cost me 420,000 baht new about 6 months ago

Edited by simple1