Salaries For Thai Airline Stewards / Stewardesses

This political correctness within the airline industry is getting tricky. Now with the female captains becoming more common I was told one must not refer to the pilot's area as a "cockpit," as this is not received well by the female captains. "Boxoffice" might be a better term when females are in command.

Edited by KHR1010

Working for one of the middle east airlines we have plenty of Thai air stewardesses and stewards. Junior crew make about 70,000 a month ++ this is with per diems and base salary. I can for sure tell you they do better than the other crew as they don't have many committments at home. They are the ones in Paris who are at LV and Hermes and use all the branded goods. Our housing in Abu Dhabi is paid for and most of them work for about 5 years before quiting to come back to Thailand. They are not hard up and are out and about in every destination

it is politically incorrect to say 'stewards/stewardesses', must be 'airline employees'

I have to agree,don't call me a Welder,you have to call me a Metal Fusion Technician.

Next we'll be calling hookers "erectile evacuation engineers"

A friend from Manila used to call them GROs or Guest Relation Officers.

it is politically incorrect to say 'stewards/stewardesses', must be 'airline employees'

I have to agree,don't call me a Welder,you have to call me a Metal Fusion Technician.

In Thailand that would be Me(n)tal Confusing Technician.

My nephew has worked as a steward for about 6 months he averages around 50k a month, and its rubbish that they dont earn enough to go out at night.. the more they fly the more they earn.

okay your nephew earns 50k per month, but my wife dealt with Thai airlines flight attendants nearly everyday for four years and this is what she was informed. if you look at earning somewhere between 30/50k per month do you believe this is enough to go out when you are in a western city for say 3/4 night stopover say every two weeks?

I don't think many Thai air hostesses would have to pay for more than a fraction of their own drinks when they go out at night.