Aerosmith, Elton John, Noel Gallagher, Lady Gaga And More: Live In Bangkok?

webfact

Aerosmith, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Noel Gallagher. The perfect soundtrack for a critical mass of dull, middle-aged white men indulging themselves in a second youth of drinking and whoring to stave off a gnawing sense of failure and mortality. Welcome to Bangkok.

So true!

In your experience, you don't mention Linkin Park, last September, this was fantastic and the YOUNG THAI POPULATION was able to sing all the lyrics. It was not geriatric at all and nearly not farang.

I bought tickets for Coldplay in September 2012 and Placebo in August 2012 in Paris (Greenday and Noel Gallagher as a bonus for free). Now, I hope, they'll not come to Thailand.

:-)

Edited by geovalin

The way I understand the story mrclough it's talking about acts coming and acts that the company are negotiating with.

At least it's a bit of positive news for a change. coffee1.gif

Yes it is and advance notification of something to look out for, so he need not come here crying when he left it to late to get a ticket!

Aerosmith, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Noel Gallagher. The perfect soundtrack for a critical mass of dull, middle-aged white men indulging themselves in a second youth of drinking and whoring to stave off a gnawing sense of failure and mortality. Welcome to Bangkok.

Gee, bitter or judgemental much?

Bring on Zeppelin!guitar.gif Rush would be awesome as well! Just a suggestion. Where does one pick the schedule as i have been missing out?

Rush? Freakin Rush?

Why would you ask for that when you could ask for AC/DC?

• Like 1

Bring on Zeppelin!guitar.gif Rush would be awesome as well! Just a suggestion. Where does one pick the schedule as i have been missing out?

Rush? Freakin Rush?

I thought that Rush music abilities as heard on Hemispheres specifically the song Trees showed incredible talent. They showed diversity in classical as well as rock. AC/DC on the other hand was much harder and after Highway to Hell and Back in Black seemed to just scream. ( Hells Bells was my morning wake up for school) Maybe getting old. Would love to see Ozzie with them and i hear he is rejoining Black Sabbath for a tour. Maybe just rumor but would pay to see it. Rock on!cool.png

I would also pay to see Aero Smith so i could photo the grey comb over. Quite impressive.

Edited by FOODLOVER

Rush? Freakin Rush?

I thought that Rush music abilities as heard on Hemispheres specifically the song Trees showed incredible talent. They showed diversity in classical as well as rock. AC/DC on the other hand was much harder and after Highway to Hell and Back in Black seemed to just scream. ( Hells Bells was my morning wake up for school) Maybe getting old. Would love to see Ozzie with them and i hear he is rejoining Black Sabbath for a tour. Maybe just rumor but would pay to see it. Rock on!cool.png

They have always struck as sounding like what a very technically proficent simulacrum of a Rock Band would sound like.

So there's no conformation for Aerosmith yet then?

Or hardly any of the other big acts mentioned either?

If that's the case, what a waste of my time reading this post lol

So true. And Aerosmith absolutely NOT true. They won't tour (Asia) this year and there are no plans to do so anyway. Just another wannabee promoter with a big mouth trying to make the papers. Several other artists I doubt as well.

They call this journalism?

• 3 months later...

Well if this happens, let's hope it turns out better than the dismal embarrassment that was the last big line up in Bangkok, including Placebo, Snow Patrol, Greenday and several others, when everyone was herded into 'cattle pens' out in the middle of nowhere on some derelict industrial park, where a huge podium had been constructed for all the Pu Yai to sit and obscure the view, sponsored by a Thai Whiskey company, 100 Lousy Pipers was the only drink on sale, no other alcohol allowed.

It was so appalling a group of what looked like Thai Uni students apologised to us for their awful government! It was the present incumbent's brother at the time.

How odd that the national government would be blamed for an activity that comes under municipal or provincial control. In respect to this show, you do realize that bangkok has its own government. The head is called the Governor. Any entertainment activity staged in Bangkok comes under the local Bangkok administration's responsibility.

But surely GK you must realise by now that torrential monsoon rains, mudslides, heatwaves, indeed any natural phenomenons are all the fault of Thaksin and his sister, according to the towering intellectual experts on this forum! Didn't you know that the Shinawatra"s have super human evil powers? Believe me, the Thaivisa experts are all knowing, quite a lot of them voted for G W Bush. Twice!

You won't see me there. The few concerts I've attended in Thailand have all had the P.A. systems too loud. Not only painful and harmful for 1 mm thick eardrums, but distorted sounds to where it sounds like a sustained traffic jam. Sorry, you'll have to do it without me in attendance. I'll be listening to some cool jazz somewhere else.