Marriage Visa

Can anyone answer this question please? For a few years now I have been getting the 1yr marriage visa against 400k in the bank acc. Funds are a little tight sometimes so i was thinking about going down the route of 40k pm , i could show this going into my account each month. What i want to know is if immigration will ask for any evidence of where the funds have come from each month, or does the bank statement suffice. Can anyone clarify this?

For monthly income you don't use a bank letter. You will need to get a letter from your embassy. You'll have to ask them what they'll accept as proof.

Immigration might be okay with just that letter, or they might also want to see what proof you used to get the letter.

there is currently no requirement to show the money going to an account in Thailand.

To take care of your expense for the next year. And very few couples can live a comfortable life for 15k per month total; certainly not 'every couple'. One medical emergency could require that full amount or more for some.

• Like 1

why they want 400k in bank

every couples can live good with 15k/month in many cities in thailand

Not true. Your dreaming!

if you want live in small cities ( your wife from that cities)

as i did search ago in many small cities can rent a big house around 5k-6k/month

and i think 15k/month is good for another costs

so can live very good with 20k/month in small cities

but not in big cities like as bangkok

maybe i mistake , mailoo

• Like 1

To take care of your expense for the next year. And very few couples can live a comfortable life for 15k per month total; certainly not 'every couple'. One medical emergency could require that full amount or more for some.

I understand your logic about having money in case of an emergency.

Foreign man 400,000 baht in bank or 40,000 baht a month income.

But a Thai man has no such financial requirement to get his foreign wife a extension of stay.

Thai man has no financial requirements.

But he is free to work and change employment at any time he wants to provide for his foreign wife - the foreign husband is restricted - and custom is the husband is the provider. Husband is expected to take wife to his country and for a Thai man this is his country so the rules are designed to make that easy.

Monthly expenditure obviously differs from house to house. To say that living on 15000 a month is a dream is also not true. I have no rent or mortgage payments. Cars an motorbikes all paid for. Have a good drink often and eat well. We constantly live on 15000 or less a month.

• Like 2

If you are talking about local income/accounts I believe tax records will be required.

....AND work permit AND letter of employment from your employer AND company registration certificate AND company tax registration certificate AND company shareholder list AND company's annual financial reports AND company's VAT registration AND map to your office AND salary slips.AND...

To just say..."I believe tax records will be required", is entirely missing the extent of the list of documents that immigration want, and indicates you probably don't know.

For the OP it's much easier just to use the bank deposit method for extension.

Not true. Your dreaming!

Correct. He is dreaming.

to rent a small 1 room apartment/condo in BKK will cost minimum 10000 Bath / month.

Medical insurance about 6000 Bath/month. etc

I the country you can.....

But no jobs in the country for farang (except teaching):-(

He is talking about marriage extension of stay - not extension of stay for employment where company information is required.

About 4 years ago, I was seeking the same and was told I needed an extensive list of company documentation (as per my post) in addition to my personal income and taxation details. Do you know exactly what the complete list is if employed in Thailand? Thank you

For employment the list is:

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Certificate of alien’s employment in the format prescribed by the Immigration Bureau

4. Copy of work permit (in the case of change of workplace, an acknowledgment of application may be used)

5. Copy of evidence proving company registration, such as a certificate of company or partnership registration, certified by the registrar within the previous six months

6. Copy of list of shareholders certified by the registrar within the previous six months

7. Copy of balance sheet and profit and loss statement for the latest year, together with income tax return for companies or juristic partnerships and payment receipt

8. Copy of latest monthly withholding income tax return specifying the names of employees and of the alien applicant together with a copy of payment receipt

9. Copy of the individual income tax return for the latest year and payment receipt (if any)

10. Copy of social security contribution return for the latest month, as filed with the Social Security Office (Form Sor Por Sor.1-10) and payment receipt

11. Document or evidence proving the necessity of the business to hire the alien, for example, in case a job opening was posted for Thai candidates but there were no applicants

12. Location map showing the applicant’s workplace and photographs of interior and exterior of the workplace during business hours

13. Documents or other evidence requested by the Committee monitoring official proceedings of officers of the Immigration Bureau

14. For an international trade business (representative office), regional office, and overseas company (branch office), documents specified in Criteria 6, 7, and 11 are not required.

For most jobs there is also a minimum income requirement, depending on nationality. For western people it is normally 50,000 baht a month. teachers, artists, members of the media and people working for the government do not have a minimum income requirement.

1. Application form

3. Certificate of alien’s employment in the format prescribed by the Immigration Bureau

4. Copy of work permit (in the case of change of workplace, an acknowledgment of application may be used)

5. Copy of evidence proving company registration, such as a certificate of company or partnership registration, certified by the registrar within the previous six months

6. Copy of list of shareholders certified by the registrar within the previous six months

7. Copy of balance sheet and profit and loss statement for the latest year, together with income tax return for companies or juristic partnerships and payment receipt

8. Copy of latest monthly withholding income tax return specifying the names of employees and of the alien applicant together with a copy of payment receipt

9. Copy of the individual income tax return for the latest year and payment receipt (if any)

10. Copy of social security contribution return for the latest month, as filed with the Social Security Office (Form Sor Por Sor.1-10) and payment receipt

11. Document or evidence proving the necessity of the business to hire the alien, for example, in case a job opening was posted for Thai candidates but there were no applicants

12. Location map showing the applicant’s workplace and photographs of interior and exterior of the workplace during business hours

13. Documents or other evidence requested by the Committee monitoring official proceedings of officers of the Immigration Bureau

14. For an international trade business (representative office), regional office, and overseas company (branch office), documents specified in Criteria 6, 7, and 11 are not required.

For most jobs there is also a minimum income requirement, depending on nationality. For western people it is normally 50,000 baht a month. teachers, artists, members of the media and people working for the government do not have a minimum income requirement.

Are these the same document requirements for extention of stay by marriage (not employment) using local income?

Edited by Time Traveller

1. Application form

Are these the same document requirements for extention of stay by marriage (not employment) using local income?

No, the list is shorter, but varies between Immigration Offices.

Key requirements for proof of monthly 40,000 THB local income are:

1. Copy of previous month(s) PND 1 Tax Receipts.
  2. Copy of last year's PND 91 Annual Tax Return.
  3. Copy of Work Permit.
  4. Copy of Employer's Company Registration Document.

Edited by digitalchromakey

I have head rumours that they are getting rid of the need to have 400k in bank and only issuing visas if you can prove 40k a month?

Can you shed any light on this? I have been married for 2 years, first baby due August, I do not live in Thailand as I work overseas but my wife and child to be are staying in Thailand, I intend to move there in 4-5 years time,(I'm 45 now) is it easier to wait until I'm 50 and get a retirement visa or apply for a visa on humanitarian grounds for my Thai family?

any info welcome

I have head rumours that they are getting rid of the need to have 400k in bank and only issuing visas if you can prove 40k a month?

Can you shed any light on this? I have been married for 2 years, first baby due August, I do not live in Thailand as I work overseas but my wife and child to be are staying in Thailand, I intend to move there in 4-5 years time,(I'm 45 now) is it easier to wait until I'm 50 and get a retirement visa or apply for a visa on humanitarian grounds for my Thai family?

any info welcome

Didn't they try to do that a couple of years (5-6 years) ago, but then reversed it ?

There is no information that any change is being made. As for visa on "humanitarian grounds" are you talking about a visa to your home country? If you are married to a Thai you qualify for a visa to Thailand on that basis.

Not true. Your dreaming!

Correct. He is dreaming.

to rent a small 1 room apartment/condo in BKK will cost minimum 10000 Bath / month.

Medical insurance about 6000 Bath/month. etc

I the country you can.....

But no jobs in the country for farang (except teaching):-(

slightly off topic but I'll get into it. I don't want to live on 15 000 a month but i could. You are dreaming if you think that Bangkok prices apply everywhere in Thailand. Nice house, A/C, small garden, 2 bedrooms: 3500.- (Buriram), can't do much about health insurance but that still leaves a tight budget of 11 000. As I say, I wouldn't want to do that, but I do understand Thais that get upset when they see Farnags saying they need 130 000 a month to live (in Bangkok, not in Thailand, in Bangkok!). My wife has her own house, we have fruit, vegetables, fish, chickens (and rat for anyone that is interested), she was living on 30 000. A year. ... before I turned up.