Casio G-Shock Watch Repair In Cm - Where?

Pikey

After just over a year of wear, the rubber strap on my G-shock just decided to snap this morning. I thought these watches were supposed to be "rugged"? Anyway the watch was bought at the watch fair in Robinsons Central and will be heading back there today but does anyone know definitively where I can get a replacement strap? Google has failed to turn up a Casio service centre or the like in CM. BTW, it's not your run of the mill G-Shock, rather a Giez model that Mrs Pikey spunked a not insignificant amount of cash on for my birthday so any old rubber strap will not do.

Cheers,

Pikey.

post-12876-0-11304900-1334550346_thumb.j

There is a very good watch repair at a watch store on Tha Pai road just east of AIS on the same side of the street up about 100 meters. Can't miss it as it is a very big shop.

Good Luck

Yes...but for a strap for that watch it would best to look elsewhere. A little more than a year ago, Charoensilp (which is the shop he is referring to) decided to allocate more real estate in their showroom to their optical business. They used to have a huge selection of all types of straps but when I went there last they only had one small carousel of straps. All the other [many] straps were gone. They still do great work on vintage watches. They declined to even look at my more modern battery operated Wenger Swiss Army watch. I had a problem with the light and also needed a new strap. I ended up going to one of the watch shops on Thannon Chang Phueak where they only work on modern watches and they took care of me. Coming up Chang Phueak (towards Mae Rim) on the left side not too far from the moat there are about 4 watch shops almost all next to each other. I think one guy runs them all so just turn up at any of them and they will point you to the shop you need.