Where To Buy Leatherman Keychain Tool/Pocket Knife

patient

I intend to buy one for a monk but am having trouble locating them in Thailand and the cost of delivery from Amazon makes it too expensive (delivery costs are more than the pocket knife - the squirt PS4 model).

Do you know where/how can i buy one in Thailand? Maybe you can recommend an excellent camping shop or maybe there is an online store in Tthailand that stocks these items.

thanks in advance

Good luck!! But, I've seen some Leatherman items at Future Park Rangsit but not this one. "GI Jim" I think is the name of the shop, 3rd floor. Will ask next time I'm down that way if he can order up one from the distributor, if there is one in Thailand.

http://www.leatherman.com/product/Squirt_PS4

FYI, when I want/need such from the U.S. I try to keep track of people coming this way, mail order, and ask them to bring along.

Mac

Ah, Mr Google comes through, again. At least with a possible source, see below. And how about posting an update if you're successful.

Mac

1. Re: Genuine Leatherman in Bangkok?

Jan 28, 2010, 6:40 AM

I know I have seen them at JJ Mall.

I have seen them at Outdoor Unlimited, 2nd floor, rear of Amarin Plaza. Amarin Plaza is the shopping complex, just east of the Erawan Shrine.

I believe I have also spotted them at JJ Mall, but that's a bit out of the way.

They sometimes pop up at some of the major department stores.

Here's the Thai distributor for Leatherman. They should be able to put you on some product:

INDO THAI SPORTS

34-36 SAPSIN ROAD

WANGBURAPHAPHIROM

PHRANAKHORN 10200

BANGKOK

THAILAND

TEL:662-221-3638

FAX:662-225-2610

[email protected]

I'd be very surprise if you found the exact model you desire.

If the genuine article isn't required, the Klong Tom market off of Yaowarat has lots of choices, not as high quality I'm sure but you can probably buy ten of them for the price of the original. . .

Personally I'm lusting after the swiss army knife with the 1TB (yes terabyte) flash drive.

If the genuine article isn't required, the Klong Tom market off of Yaowarat has lots of choices, not as high quality I'm sure but you can probably buy ten of them for the price of the original. . .

Personally I'm lusting after the swiss army knife with the 1TB (yes terabyte) flash drive.

Bit pricy at 92,500 Baht. (3,000 dollars US) Think I'll stick with my external drive for the time being!

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/43868/victorinox-ssd-swiss-army-pictures

Edited by chrisinth

If you look at the Stalls on Sukhumvit, for example between the Landmark Hotel and Soi 4 there are many selling "Leatherman" type tools - "probably" not authentic of course but lots of choice.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how much monk is? I would buy some in my business thank you

Im back on OZ later this month for a few days, if you want me to get you one, let me know.

This is the way to go... buy a bloke a few beers for his troubles and all are happy.

Siam Paragon in BKK has original leatherman, Swiss army knife and all the other big name knives, Mens level, sporting section out the back.

Little bit pricey, but a pretty good selection.

Next to the knives is a good store called TANK. Great selection of Cree LED torches and other survival gear, think theres another branch at Central World as well.

• 1 month later...

i bought two online from this thai website. http://www.overzeas.net/28-leatherman arrived nicely packaged. maybe people can compare the price (980B) to retail shops they have seen them at. it did take a little while but it was out of stock at that time so had to be shipped from the USA first. overall very happy with the service.

it would be cheaper to buy while overseas but i travel 'carry on' only so cannot take it onboard (prohibited for obvious reason),.

cheers to you all and thanks for the different excellent ideas. i hope this website may be useful for others.