Oh Noes! What Happened To Mad Dog?

WinnieTheKhwai

Mad Dog looks like a construction site.. What's going on? And why: it was perfect! Don't want it to turn into another fancy-schmancy-loungy place serving gay coffee drinks and boutique burgers served with hydroponic lettuce.. :/ Just beer and heart-attack food please, served by their occasionally-grumpy-but-with-a-heart-of-gold staff.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Not been in Mad Dog for a couple of weeks as l have been in Cambodia for Songkran. Nick did not mention anything about refurbishment when l saw him shortly before my departure. I am keen to find out what is happening and will telephone one of his staff to see whats happening

i thought people said it was the old farang club,same people everyday,no change. maybe a refit or new owners we have to wait and see

seems like its time for you lot to find your pastures new, out with the old in with the new......

...........but gay coffee is a new one on me.

but after the refit; if they renamed it " Gay Coffees and beer " would you still go in?

(reference to gay-without prejudice)

i thought people said it was the old farang club,same people everyday,no change. maybe a refit or new owners we have to wait and see

seems like its time for you lot to find your pastures new, out with the old in with the new......

but after the refit; if they renamed it " Gay Coffees and beer " would you still go in?

No! wink.png

But to clarify, I meant gay in the sense of appealing to faux-sophisticated fussy emo carebears; I'm not speaking negatively of raw homosexual sex.

gay coffee is any cofee served in a cup so small you need to extend the pinkie finger to hold the cup. Gimme a manly man mug thanks.

No! wink.png

But to clarify, I meant gay in the sense of appealing to faux-sophisticated fussy emo carebears; I'm not speaking negatively of raw homosexual sex.

gay coffee is any cofee served in a cup so small you need to extend the pinkie finger to hold the cup. Gimme a manly man mug thanks.

Your thinking of proper British dri8nglng way of tea.giggle.gif

if they renamed it " Gay Coffees and beer " would you still go in?

Mad Dog and Gay in the same thread - Thanks for making my day tongue.pnggiggle.gif

We've had the Pink Lion, maybe the "Mad Poodle"?

Edited by Paagai

I somewhat doubt Mad Dogs could ever be accused of being a gay establishment, unless it is true it is moving to Nimmenheimen of course. Fortunately for the social elite it is reopening, and will no doubt continue to be a pillar of hetero 10.00 am binge drinking and late night vomiting in the iconic, sordid atmosphere of sport TV and incoherent musings that brought it such acclaim and love. We really don't need to lose any more cultural landmarks.

• Like 1

they do a great English Brekkie for 180 baht......u dont need to eat again for the rest of the day

Before the need to 'modify' my diet quite strictly, I certainly agree that Mad Dog's breakfast (IMO), was the best in Chiang Mai and as you say, you only need to eat once.

I must admit that I do miss them. sad.png

... snip ... I'm not speaking negatively of raw homosexual sex.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Winnie the Khwai,

What have been your positive experiences with raw homosexual sex ? I and my Orang soul-mind-mate have never tried any flavor of homosexual sex (we seem to be both neurologically hard-wired to worship the female of our species), but, since both of us are voyeurs, we'd like to know.

Perhaps you could start by cluing us in on what the connotations of the word "raw" used here is ?

thanks, ~o:37;

• Like 1

Eh.. there's no door. It's completely open to the road.

Are you confusing it with the Red Lion or O'Malleys perhaps?

Just realised, you beat me too it. Yes,it was O'Malleys - all these Asians look the same to me. rolleyes.gif

No! wink.png

I thought that was French coffee.