The Ideal Scooter

manarak

I'm tired of existing scooter models. None come close to the ideal scooter.

1- Engine:

- make it a 125cc so it qualifies as a small bike for most driver licenses

- I feel the Honda PCX 125 engine and possibly the new Yamaha injected 125 engine are very good.

2- Range: what are they thinking when they build scooters with a range of only 200 Km?

I don't want to visit the petrol station every other day! Make the range around 350 Km. Chuck in an 8 liter tank.

3- Bulkiness: slim construction please for traffic and parking. not PCX-like. Nouvo ok.

4- internal Storage space: As on the Nouvo it is fine, enough space for a semi-full helmet plus a half helmet inside.

5- 'cargo' capacity: all scooters are deficient in this department. Scooters without a hook are totally useless.

5a - Aerodynamism is hardly necessary on scooters, so the front shield should be reshaped to accomodate two lateral hooks to hang grocery bags from. Maybe a flip-panel system to switch between aerodynamism and cargo mode would be ideal.

5b - In front of the driver should be a (partly flat) space large enough to put a box of beer without interfering with steeering.

5c - The seat should be divided in 2 sections that can be opened separately, so if there is a second box to transport, the rear part of the seat can be opened, and the box put on there, attached using hooks which would be present under the rear seat. The rear seat part would then also act as a restraint for the transported box.

5d - 'saddle bags' - design the scooter in such a way that it can accomodate saddle bags.

6- Comfort and safety

- big wheels to better manage pot holes

- make a wider armature, so that feet and legs are better protected when the scooter tips over

Maybe some manufacturer reads this.

Feel free to add your own ideas.

Edited by manarak

You poor thing having to visit the petrol station every other day!!!

Yes, it sucks! it is three clicks away and not on my usual routes!

and another one (not nearer) closes at 00:00!

:-(

Edited by manarak

You poor thing having to visit the petrol station every other day!!!

Yes, it sucks! it is three clicks away and not on my usual routes!

and another one (not nearer) closes at 00:00!

:-(

Okay so what are your options because you will be waiting for ever expecting Honda, Yamaha etc to make a bigger fuel capacity scooter.

Buy a bigger bike!!

I have a big bike that uses Benzine 95, nearest petrol 60km round trip, I keep a supply at the house.

Carry some fuel with you in a back pack, maybe a bit dangerous.

Move closer to many fuel stations.

Forget a bike and use the car if you have one.

As for bigger wheels, I replaced my rear tires on both of my Suzukis to the 90x90x14 never had a flat tire since doing this

Edited by kawapower

If you have no real preference, no upper limit money wize, buy a big Vespa.

They have a big fuel tank, but they are not very pretty!

I had a 300 cc Vespa GTS SS here and the range was about 200 km. It didn't bother me as it was mainly a city toy for the weekends. It was 325,000 THB so a bit pricey compared to your average Mio but great fun and stacks of brand recognition with the Thais.