Double Entry Tourist Visa

A friend's work permit and visa is going to expire on the 9th May and he's moving from his current location to Chiang Mai. He wants to find work Chiang Mai but he needs to leave the country by the 9th and come back in on tourist visa as I understand.

He would like to get a double entry tourist visa in Laos to give him time to find work in Chiang Mai.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what he needs to get a double entry tourist visa. Is it straight forward or is there a lot of paper work involved?

Thank you for your help.

Go to the Thai Embassy in Laos, fill out a form for a visa, mark it double entry. I think it is two photos you need, it could be one, I forget. Pay 2,000 Bhat and give them your passport. Applications are done in the morning, and you pick up your passport and visa the following day in the afternoon. That should give you 2, 60 day entries. Each can be entended for another 30 days at your local immigration office.

Pick up the application inside the gates in a box attached to the building. Glue and tables are provided to fill out the form.

Go to the Thai Embassy in Laos, fill out a form for a visa, mark it double entry. I think it is two photos you need, it could be one, I forget. Pay 2,000 Bhat and give them your passport. Applications are done in the morning, and you pick up your passport and visa the following day in the afternoon. That should give you 2, 60 day entries. Each can be entended for another 30 days at your local immigration office.

Pick up the application inside the gates in a box attached to the building. Glue and tables are provided to fill out the form.

is laos the best/easiest place to get a tourist visa? also do you mean after the first 60 days can extend 30 more then leave and re-enter and get another 60 days plus 30 day extension? how long are the tourist visas normally valid for though?

thanks

A toruist visa from Laos is normally valid for 3 months only. With a double enty, that means you must make your second entry within 3 months of date of issue. Often that means that you cna not use the full 30 day extension, but have to leave and re-enter Thailand a few days early to get the second entry (and possible extension of 30 days).