Warning Points Showing Below My Avatar When I Post

theblether

Boy O boy. I must be doing something wrong here.

I didn't have any warnings so I can't compare with

all you gentlemen.

Theblether was going to sort this out with Tywais but nothing has been

said yet so I'll just have to sit and wait.smile.png

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have a warning point and I am sure over the years I deserved more I still think the one I got was undeserved.

I have been reading this forum since 2006 and I can asure you that I have never read any of your posts that would warrent a warning.

And this is from one Ausy to another.thumbsup.gif

Edited by kevjohn

I have one point from 1987

1987?! That is old school...

So old school that it was fifteen years before this forum even began in 2002.

:rolleyes:

and eighteen years before he even joined the forum in 2005.

:lol:

Edited by Buchholz

Will I get a warning for being off topic and a vindictive horrible wee bastard ?

Where can I get some some essence of hiso ?

There's a certain cricket fan on the General Forum who is quite an expert on it.

Just saying.

By the way no one has noticed that I have been promoted to Pedigree Blether...........coffee1.gif

Yeah, the Warning thingie seems gone. Well done!

clap2.gif

I still see them. Oh wait, I'm an Admin. laugh.png

Clearly this was going to be as contentious as the Reddies/Greenies. wink.png

You don't say......biggrin.png

Hey there george ... the bus load of school children (aka Thai Visa Forum) may want to drive this bus off topic.offtopic2.gif

... but, as a collection of some of the more experienced posters here they (not me with only 1,000 posts) would appreciate some answers.

You guys ... post-104736-0-06467200-1336682861.gif hold the Ace cards ... we want to play the game ... but we need to know the rules ... as they are introduced.

Maybe you were trialling the visible 'warning points'

As we acknowledge that we need and appreciate good moderation...

we would appreciate some feedback also ... signs-and-flags038.gif

As for onionluke's essence of hiso ... cheesy.gif

EDIT:- forgot to make george bold

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Hey there george ... the bus load of school children (aka Thai Visa Forum) may want to drive this bus off topic.offtopic2.gif

... but, as a collection of some of the more experienced posters here they (not me with only 1,000 posts) would appreciate some answers.

You guys ... post-104736-0-06467200-1336682861.gif hold the Ace cards ... we want to play the game ... but we need to know the rules ... as they are introduced.

Maybe you were trialling the visible 'warning points'

As we acknowledge the we need and appreciate good moderation...

we would appreciate some feedback also ...

As for onionluke's essence of hiso ... cheesy.gif

EDIT:- forgot to make george bold

Very well put.

We all have a PM function. Sometimes members use it to bicker amongst themselves, other times to complement each other, even simply to converse with friends.

We all have this feature, every one of us, it can be used as a tool by all. Hopefully for the better.

Edited by smokie36

I fully support this feature and anything that promotes greater transparency regarding how the forum works.

I would be interested to know though whether moderators can see more detailed information when they look up a members "record", when considering a further warning or worse. I think they should be able to see any response/defence offered by the member after they received prior warnings, i.e. pm/s sent to moderator or to support ... to know the complete picture

An excellent post as usual Bruce.

The other issue of course is a lack of clear dialogue in order to work out solutions to problems.

Although I have a warning point and I am sure over the years I deserved more I still think the one I got was undeserved.

Disagree with the first part and agree with the second.

In fact I sent a message to support(at)thaivisa.com and am still waiting for a reply. George?

Hummm ... I just read all the comments ... you guys really like a bus load of school children (sometimes ... and sometimes I'm one of the biggest)!

But alas, the children are our future.

If I was george (and I'm not) I think that he might have trialled the 'warning points' system.

Well actually, it's always been in existence, but invisible to us.

When we got a taste of it (because it became visable) all hell broke loose and like asking any prisoner in Jail if they were guilty there would be a chorus of 'not me gov' confused002.gif

Edited by David48

So now george has a problem. Many of those who had the warning points have now inundated his admin guys with 'please explains' disdain000.gif

Maybe there will nothing forthcoming on this matter.

Maybe the lesson by us to be learnt is that there is a warning system in place and that we should be aware of and if we are smart make occasional questions to the 'higher level' Mods (or admin support) as to what our state of points accumlation are.

chiangmaibruce ... also with some sensible suggestions in post #33 yesterday

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

We all have our favourite Mods and usually it's not what they say to us, but how they say it.

I appreciate be pulled up when I am out of line, but I appreciated when it's done like this disdain018.gif not like this disdain002.gif

So, maybe enough said on this matter and maybe we are one unruly, but happy family again love031.gif

Now I'm off to me a little troll hunting me thinks ... guns008.gif

EDIT:-

… obviously we are being a cut a little slack here and are able to discuss some of the inner workings of TFV when they directly effect us.

So let’s not go and muck it up with a whole lot of spurious and negative comments ... we're not in the Pub section here!

ps ... if this is considered to be comment about moderation (and it's not) can the warning come from george please?

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Reminds me of the "attaboy/awsh*t" scale, do something good and get one point, get ten points and you get an "attaboy". Screw up once and you get an "awshit", except I don't think there's an "attaboy" system in operation, just an "awsh*t" one.

Will I get a warning for being off topic and a vindictive horrible wee bastard ?

There's a certain cricket fan on the General Forum who is quite an expert on it.

Just saying.

By the way no one has noticed that I have been promoted to Pedigree Blether...........coffee1.gif

Pedigree Blether , where can I get some of that ?

I have one point from 1987

1987?! That is old school...

So old school that it was fifteen years before this forum even began in 2002.

rolleyes.gif

and eighteen years before he even joined the forum in 2005.

laugh.png

Trust a yank to miss the irony.rolleyes.gif

Shit, racial profiling! Do I get a warning for that?

Shit, swearing! There's another one.sad.png

• Like 1

"Shit" should be OK I think because it's not altered by the profanities filter, therefore must be considered mild enough to be acceptable.

I thought the fact that the profanities filter altered the post made it OK to use a certain word. In the right context naturally.

It appears not. I refer you to my PM comment. Then I refer you to my no reply from support(at)thaivisa.com

No reply from the moderator concerned.

You see reasonable is the key word here.

@ Tywais you'll notice I have taken note.

Just saying.

You've got to be careful when your pedigree is recognized. You'll end up being put out to stud to all and sundry.

Just saying.

You've got to be careful when your pedigree is recognized. You'll end up being put out to stud to all and sundry.

You're taking a leap ther that it is a good pedigree Garry. Once you look into there types of things lord knows what you will find

Apparently that was tried last year in Chiang Mai ... unfortunately without success ... ermm.gif

Do 'likes' from a Mod count for double ... thumbsup.gif

I issue likes against a small fee... (whistle)

As requested ... whistling.gif

ps ... don't tell sbk as she got the wrong type of whistle last time ... shhhhhhhhhhhhh

pps ... raro ... one of the mods here who we respect ... and if we get our collective asses kicked by him ... then probably we need both boots (because we would have deserved it) ... just saying like.

what an unabashed suck up you are.

• Like 1