Marrying A Thai In England

Can't find the info on the forum, but sorry if it's somewhere really obvious and I have overlooked it.

IF I wanted to marry my long term Thai partner on our next trip to England (already have visa), what would she need to bring with her, and what (documents, etc) would I need?

Thanks!

Does she have a fiance Visa?

A list of the documents would, I hope, be given to her at the time of applying, also you should use google it will help.

Thanks - No, she has a tourist visa. Yes, have tried Google. We had never planned on doing it in the UK, but have occasion to visit and thought I'd see what would be required, if we wanted to.

My wife and I were married in the UK She is an Australian citizen albeit a Thai.

She applied to the British Embassy in Canberra for permission to marry me and a Visa (Australians are given a 6 month visa free usually) was issued in her passport outlining all my passport details as well.

Checks were made by UK Borders to substantiate that my wife had assets /employment to go back to in Australia and had no intention of residing in the UK.

The Registry Office also confirmed with the Home Office that we had authorisation and that our application was bone fide.

I would allow sufficient time and not book your tickets before Visa has been issued.

They do ask for wedding dates/ travel dates etc etc which are very difficult to provide until a Visa is issued so I put in approx dates.

If I remember correctly there was a 21 day ban to adhere to prior to the wedding. Do check as this may have changed.

I realise this is an Australian marrying in the UK but I would imagine your case would be similar.

I hope this helps a little.

Items to bring would be your Passports of course/ birth certificates and if applicable divorce certificates.

http://www.ukba.home...p/requirements/

http://www.ukba.home...rriage-cp/visa/

To come to the UK as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership, you must also be able to show that:

• you are 18 or over;
  • you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months;
  • you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • you intend to get married or register a civil partnership during your visit;
  • you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
  • you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
  • you are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

You must produce evidence, if asked, of the arrangements for your wedding or civil partnership ceremony in the UK.

You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

• take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
  • do a course of study;
  • carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or
  • receive private medical treatment.

Best Wishes & congratulations

Eddie

NB TenDreams, I very much doubt you can marry on a Tourist Visa.

Edited by edwinclapham