Buying Apps From Apple With Kasakorn Debit Card

carbine1125

Hi has anyone experienced problems buying app from itunes store using Kasakorn's online debit card/ I have bought a few apps and they seem to have charged me twice for them. I called the bank and they said it is standard procedure from apple to verify buyer has funds in account but the bank cannot put back into account without going through a long procees of claims forms.

Edited by carbine1125

can i ask what type of card you are using from kasikorn?

i have the visa debit but it does not have my name on it - it says "privileged member" on the front (bit worrying) and does not seem to have a proper security code on the back - is that the kind of card? if so how does it work?

Using an ATM machine you can set up your debit card as an Internet card also.

I use it with iTunes all the time.

Apple did deduct $1 per iTunes account it verified.

I haven't botherered to try to get my $2 back.

somtamnication - thx for the reply - am i right in thinking you just go into the bank and they issue with the internet card on your account? is it usable elsewhere (shops/atm?) or only for internet? does it have your name on it?

SaNim - is the card that you configured for internet use just a plan k-bank visa debit with "privileged member" on the front or did it have your name on it?

cheers

The internet card is just that, internet. You do not physically have a card. It is an online card. Once you open an account, you go online to their website and request the online card.

Completely separate from the debit card you get when you open an account. You therefore, have 2 cards, both different numbers. No names on the card(s).

The internet card is just that, internet. You do not physically have a card. It is an online card. Once you open an account, you go online to their website and request the online card.

Completely separate from the debit card you get when you open an account. You therefore, have 2 cards, both different numbers. No names on the card(s).

Thanks for that! Big help!

That sounds rather fantastic.

However, i have never bought anything online and is highly suspicious,

so can i open yet another account, in which i only place the money that whatever i purchase will cost, + a thousand baht margin ?

(using the 2nd account only for inet purchases, and only put in money right before i will order )

Edited by poanoi

Within the kasikorn online banking site, you set the limit that you wish to charge the online card to. As high as 200,000 and as low as whatever. You can change that at any time and it is immediate.

Others use this card to open a Thai based paypal account. Works wonders.

I'm awfully intrigued, what are the requirements to open this thing ?

(i.e when i asked the bank a few years ago, they demanded the account to be at least 50.000 baht, & a 1 year visa,

which is doable now as i have ED visa)

Somtamnication - would you mind clarifying just for the record that this service is available to customers who have the basic visa debit card with no name on it, and have not got an ed visa or a one year visa?

I work a regular offshore rotation outside Thailand so can exist easily with 28 day arrival visas, ibut I remember that I tried to have my card changed to one with my name and photo on it and I think enquired about online banking about. Year ago and they told me I needed a non-imm or other long term visa.

i have the visa debit but it does not have my name on it - it says "privileged member" on the front (bit worrying) and does not seem to have a proper security code on the back - is that the kind of card? if so how does it work?

my card does not have my name on the front but does have the 3 number security code on the back so it is usable on line Edited by carbine1125

Using an ATM machine you can set up your debit card as an Internet card also.

I use it with iTunes all the time.

Apple did deduct $1 per iTunes account it verified.

I haven't botherered to try to get my $2 back.

So it is only 1 dollar every time i would buy something from their store? I asked apple and they said it was the bank I had to request the refund from but it seems like a lot of hassle for only 1 dollar Edited by carbine1125

my card does not have my name on the front but does have the 3 number security code on the back so it is usable on line

Mine is the same - no name on the front and a 3 digit number on the back (only 3 digits - not 4 digits then the final 3 digits which are the CRV code) and it does not work.....

(it says electronic use only on the front)

Is that the card you are using?

my card does not have my name on the front but does have the 3 number security code on the back so it is usable on line

Mine is the same - no name on the front and a 3 digit number on the back (only 3 digits - not 4 digits then the final 3 digits which are the CRV code) and it does not work.....

It is a Paul Frank card and no name only privagled member on front along with electronic use . It has a three digit number on the back beside my signature. As a previous post stated, you can get a virtual internet buying card linking it with the debit card from the Kasikorn website

Somtamnication - would you mind clarifying just for the record that this service is available to customers who have the basic visa debit card with no name on it, and have not got an ed visa or a one year visa?

I work a regular offshore rotation outside Thailand so can exist easily with 28 day arrival visas, ibut I remember that I tried to have my card changed to one with my name and photo on it and I think enquired about online banking about. Year ago and they told me I needed a non-imm or other long term visa.

Lucky you. Wish I could do that.

With a passport or with your tilac, open the account. When I did it last year, no wp needed. But changes happen fast here. If you already have an account with a regular debit card, just register for online banking at your local back, or atm. Then they send you an OTP pin to your mobile. Log on, register, request online card and you are set!!. Easy peasy lemon squeasy.

It is a Paul Frank card and no name only privagled member on front along with electronic use . It has a three digit number on the back beside my signature. As a previous post stated, you can get a virtual internet buying card linking it with the debit card from the Kasikorn website

Yes same as mine..... I'll look into getting the online card when I get back to Thailand next week.