Big Bike Insurance - Lets Get A List Going

nbg

Hello all,

I did do a forum search but could not get much info on what alternatives we have for insurance companies.

Last year I used AA insurance brokers coz I did not have much time. They came back with a number and not a few for diferent companies. I now know it is through ThaiSri.

It would be good to get a list of available insurance companies for big bikes. Even google and calls I could not find any alternatives.

So here is my contribution for an Italian 800cc bike bought in Thailand green book and all etc for full comprehensive (1st class or what ever its called here)

- ThaiSri 18.600b per year.

Kind regards

Edited by nbg

I have found 12-14K for my almost three year old ER6n. I'm not worried about the bike, only the possibility of creaming somebody else. I have tried to buy liability only, but I have not found anybody that will sell it. I only pay 9K for full coverage (with 2 million liability) on my truck. I just can't see paying 12-14K every year on the bike; it's insane. So I have been going bare.

If I could find a place to buy liability only, I would be very happy.

I pay 700-800 baht per year at the same place i pay tax, this cover 3rd person.

We all have to pay that. It's mandatory. but it only covers about 10,000 in damages. If you run over and kill a little kid who ran out in front of you, this may not be enough.

We all have to pay that. It's mandatory. but it only covers about 10,000 in damages. If you run over and kill a little kid who ran out in front of you, this may not be enough.

Wait, What ?

I thought this cover any injury to 3rd person ?

Does someone have definitive answer to this fundamentally important issue ?

Wait, What ?

ITS LIMITED for sure but not to 10,000thb

i think 50,000 hospital bill and a certain limit for dead persons famalies .....

not sure the exact figures though

I have found 12-14K for my almost three year old ER6n. I'm not worried about the bike, only the possibility of creaming somebody else. I have tried to buy liability only, but I have not found anybody that will sell it. I only pay 9K for full coverage (with 2 million liability) on my truck. I just can't see paying 12-14K every year on the bike; it's insane. So I have been going bare.

If I could find a place to buy liability only, I would be very happy.

Viriyah insurance has liability only, I pay 1212 Baht/year 30% of for my 09 ER6n and 1732 Baht/year for my 2012 Ninja 650.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it standard practice to have a deductible element? It doesn't feature on the insurance for my cars. I've never claimed for my bikes but I've claimed a few times for my cars. I didn't look closely at the insurance for my ER6n of Vespa 300 GTS in the past. I've had quotes of 17533 THB 320K coverage 10,00 deductible from Lawton and Thaisri 16280 THB, 20,000 deductible and 350K coverage. These were quotes for my new Ducati M795.

Wait, What ?

http://www.gt-rider....insurance-cover

http://www.e-insurethailand.com/motorcycle.htm

Edited by Kwasaki

forget AA Insurance, the are a dealer for LMG

this insurance is the worsted you can get.

o.k. the make a cheap rate

but if you have a claim, it is absolutely a disaster.

you wait and wait and wait ..

9 of 10 service station do not accept claim from LMG

and if you find one, you have to wait again... and wait ... and wait

NEVER again - this money was for littering