Carl'S Jr. Opens In Central

LALes

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By salad I mean lettuce and tomato and onion. I thought it had salad in the picture but i guess it mustn't have.

As for Maccas I have only ever had the Big Mac i think but really I probably I only go once a year or less.

BK i have tried twice and both times i thought it was terrible so never again.

Edited by Tolley

I've been there several times, with several people each time and have not yet seen a burger without plenty of salat, and we've never had to wait more than a few minutes, maybe 5 tops.

Five minutes sound about right. I don't mind to wait a couple of minutes for a fresh burger at all!

Tolley: Hit McD and grab a burger there, yes you get it instantly. The usualy been in the warmer for to long and taste like cardboard - especialy fish mac's sick.gif

Also, I hope I'm assuming correctly that "salad" is the British word for lettuce.

My guess is that they mean lettuce and tomatoes as they are pretty common on burgers.

I was thinking that as well but he mentioned McD and even the Big Mac has no tomatoes. Only the the deluxe burger at McD has tomatoes.

In any case, just tell them at Carl's what veggies you want on there and I'm sure they will accommodate you.

Edited by Jayman

Tried this place today , 270 baht for a bacon cheeseburger combo - sorry rip off for fast food and this place will be closed in 6 months.

It was good, but for much less (under 100 baht) the cheese burgers here

http://www.golfclubpattaya.com/

Are 100 times better.

I like Carl's. The price is a bit much. Thanks for the recommendation on the golf club. Gonna give it a go this weekend.

Also, I hope I'm assuming correctly that "salad" is the British word for lettuce.

My guess is that they mean lettuce and tomatoes as they are pretty common on burgers.

I was thinking that as well but he mentioned McD and even the Big Mac has no tomatoes. Only the the deluxe burger at McD has tomatoes.

I had to Google it to make sure, but by George, you are right!

I must say the Golf Club has a pretty extensive menu. I am not a golfer so had not heard of this place. Would like to try the Rubens and Eggs Benedict. Actually quite a few things I would like to try. Any recommendations about this place for restaurant?

I had to Google it to make sure, but by George, you are right!

As an american we are forced to recite "Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun" before we can move on from grade school.. ;)

I must say the Golf Club has a pretty extensive menu. I am not a golfer so had not heard of this place. Would like to try the Rubens and Eggs Benedict. Actually quite a few things I would like to try. Any recommendations about this place for restaurant?

I hear the hamburgers are 100x better than Carl's. That's enough for me to go and try one.

As an american we are forced to recite "Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun" before we can move on from grade school.. wink.png

So that is why I kept getting set back. .

Edited by Ulysses G.

I hear the hamburgers are 100x better than Carl's. That's enough for me to go and try one.

100x better? Are they gold plated? Anyway I've been to the Golfclub place once for steak night and had ribs. I reviewed it at the time. I do plan on going back to try some of their regular 'Murcan menu. But. And I mean a big butt. Or more like a whole crowd of big butts, oh no he di'int oh yes he did! Personally I find the atmosphere there deeply disturbing. Feel like I've walked into a 1950's white bread middle America time warp. Also wear dark sunglasses to shield your eyes from the golf fashions. Other may love it! Edited by Jingthing

As an american we are forced to recite "Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun" before we can move on from grade school.. wink.png

So that is why I kept getting set back. .

It's easier to order a burrito!

Tried this place today , 270 baht for a bacon cheeseburger combo - sorry rip off for fast food and this place will be closed in 6 months.

It was good, but for much less (under 100 baht) the cheese burgers here

http://www.golfclubpattaya.com/

Are 100 times better.

Where is the golf club?

see the link....

http://goo.gl/maps/9MKl

Edited by Jayman

While I agree Carl's prices are high (about same as States) I don't recall how much a regular cheese burger is at Carl's. The op said he paid 270 baht for a combo bacon cheese burger. I assume he got the optional large fries for that price. The bacon cheese burger at Golf Club is 130 baht + fries(?) + soft drink(?). I still plan next week to check out Golf Club as I like there menu.

Went to Carls the other day, lovely setup in the shop, beer on draft. Ordered the western double burger I think and chillie cheese fries.

Burger was lovely, by far the best burger I have had in pattaya. Fries were nice but got boring, I am not into that taco toping, without the taco setup the taco topping gets boring very quickly next time will just get plain fires.

Burger was huge and well worth the money will be going back when I am hungry enough!

• 3 weeks later...

Well as someone stated in an earlier reply, wait and see how long the good service will last. I went to Carls Junior last Monday around 2pm (I was the only customer ordering, the other 3 customers had their food in the restaurant). My friend received his chicken salad within 3 minutes; meanwhile I sat there and sat there until I got up to check on my order, Around the corner were two employees looking at a cell phone. I asked about my order. They looked surprised, said it will come. Within a few seconds my burger was delivered, then I had to wait...10 minutes for my fries. I get out of my seat and ...there they are under the heat lamp. I had to point it out to one of the employess. Ok... it was just a bad day. Today around 3pm, I decide to get a small burger and a side salad. The burger came within five minutes with only lettuce -no tomato or onion (I decided not to say anything); but...where's my small salad??? Another five minutes, ten minutes....I ask the one worker, "It coming"...another five minute pass by and no salad. I ask for my money back on the salad. Twenty minutes had already passed and I was the only customer. The workers seem to be nice, but they dont seem to have their duties figured out. Anyone else seeing a decline in service?

Edited by toenail

I think im going to pass, bad service + expensive as hell doesnt sound any good. at least a&w was kindz cheap, too bad it shut down.

I might go try the burger at the golfclub, anyone been there ?

Well as someone stated in an earlier reply, wait and see how long the good service will last. I went to Carls Junior last Monday around 2pm (I was the only customer ordering, the other 3 customers had their food in the restaurant). My friend received his chicken salad within 3 minutes; meanwhile I sat there and sat there until I got up to check on my order, Around the corner were two employees looking at a cell phone. I asked about my order. They looked surprised, said it will come. Within a few seconds my burger was delivered, then I had to wait...10 minutes for my fries. I get out of my seat and ...there they are under the heat lamp. I had to point it out to one of the employess. Ok... it was just a bad day. Today around 3pm, I decide to get a small burger and a side salad. The burger came within five minutes with only lettuce -no tomato or onion (I decided not to say anything); but...where's my small salad??? Another five minutes, ten minutes....I ask the one worker, "It coming"...another five minute pass by and no salad. I ask for my money back on the salad. Twenty minutes had already passed and I was the only customer. The workers seem to be nice, but they dont seem to have their duties figured out. Anyone else seeing a decline in service?

My experience was not dissimilar to yours. Long wait and a burger with no salad.

What Pattaya could do with is a gourmet burger joint.

Went to one the other night in Singapore. Great service, food light years ahead of Carl's 17 sing dollars for a huge burger, massive bag of proper british style chips and drink. approx 400 baht.

Now given that it is more expensive to do anything in Singapore you would think for 300baht in Thailand you would be able to provide a gourmet burger service.

My experience was not dissimilar to yours. Long wait and a burger with no salad.

Went to one the other night in Singapore. Great service, food light years ahead of Carl's 17 sing dollars for a huge burger, massive bag of proper british style chips and drink. approx 400 baht.

Now given that it is more expensive to do anything in Singapore you would think for 300baht in Thailand you would be able to provide a gourmet burger service.

Carl's is an us joint and not your local chippie ... smile.png

Yeah it is just a fast food joint that is better than the others but very expensive for what you get.

Let's forget the chips or the fries and concentrate on the burgers. They are better than Maccas and BK but are no where near as good as many I have had at gourmet style burger joints.

Edited by Tolley

Yeah it is just a fast food joint that is better than the others but very expensive for what you get.

Let's forget the chips or the fries and concentrate on the burgers. They are better than Maccas and BK but are no where near as good as many I have had at gourmet style burger joints.

Local in patts? let's hear ! imho ~150 thb for a good burger is acceptable

I think im going to pass, bad service + expensive as hell doesnt sound any good. at least a&w was kindz cheap, too bad it shut down.

I might go try the burger at the golfclub, anyone been there ?

I tried it on the recommendation of this thread. It was ok.. well worth the price but in no ways 100x better than carl's