Good Places To Teach/Learn Driving(Not School) Just The Location

phl

My better looking half wants to learn how to drive and i like to teach her how to drive properly.

Anyone know good locations where i can take her to learn?, somewhere with no traffic, or perhaps an open field or some place quite.

I would prefer a place with minimal trees, car is brand newbiggrin.png

For those with "advice", yes she will after go to local school and learn the correct way the "thai" way of drivingtongue.png , but i still like to teach her how to reverse park, uturn, 3 point turn and what mirrors were intended for and mainly how to drive manual.

Anyhow, suggestions are much appreciated in advancewai.gif

The sports stadium car park on Chaiyapruek 2, About 40 acres to play on!!

thanks for that, sorry to be a pain, but where is Chaiapruek? is it Chaiyapruek road soi 2?

i sort of know how to get to Chaiyapruek, its off Sukhumvit road but what about the rest please ...... :)

Edited by phl

thanks for that, sorry to be a pain, but where is Chaiapruek? is it Chaiyapruek road soi 2?

i sort of know how to get to Chaiyapruek, its off Sukhumvit road but what about the rest please ...... smile.png

On Sukhumvit / Chaiyapruek crossroads, Chaiyapruek goes towards the beach, Chaiyapruek 2 goes away from the beach - east, go over the railway then it is about 1 Km on your left, you will easy see it,. Here..... http://goo.gl/maps/Wc18

i sort of know how to get to Chaiyapruek, its off Sukhumvit road but what about the rest please ...... smile.png

They have big signs " Stadium " overthere,an opportunity to teach the better looking half how to read road signs.smile.png

They have big signs " Stadium " overthere,an opportunity to teach the better looking half how to read road signs.smile.png

lol, thats another tasktongue.png

Having just gone through this with wifey, I highly recommend the driving school first. It'll keep you from pulling your hair out.

Seriously, I tried to teach her first, but it was frustrating. She went to school for a few weeks and was MUCH better. We then drove around Wat Yan, Silver Lake Winery, Phoenix Golf Course, etc. Phoenix is a great place to drive. Not much traffic and lots of roads to cruise around on. There's a big parking lot near Wat Yan that's great for teaching her how to park, back in, etc.

The school she went to is almost directly across from Foodland. Great service.

Having just gone through this with wifey, I highly recommend the driving school first. It'll keep you from pulling your hair out.

Seriously, I tried to teach her first, but it was frustrating. She went to school for a few weeks and was MUCH better. We then drove around Wat Yan, Silver Lake Winery, Phoenix Golf Course, etc. Phoenix is a great place to drive. Not much traffic and lots of roads to cruise around on. There's a big parking lot near Wat Yan that's great for teaching her how to park, back in, etc.

The school she went to is almost directly across from Foodland. Great service.

my wife went there too

had 20 hours of lessons , passed first time and been creating havoc ever since........

there's a driving practice area opposite the temple at Lake Mabprachan

all laid out in roads, parking areas etc with ropes and tires

not sure what it costs

I agree with craigt and timekeeper. Get her in on a driving school first and spare your own car. The driving teacher will typical let her drive over at the darkside first where there is not much traffic and then when she fells more confident will gradually move her on to more trafficked area's.

My wife actually passed the driver's licence test after 20 hours but didn't fell confident so she took another 20 hours and that did the trick. Her school is located on Naklua road.

My wife now drive our son to school every morning and no bent car so far, I am proud of herclap2.gif .

Edited by guzzi850m2

My daughter also learnt with a School, and they took her opposite the temple at Lake Mabprachan, I went with them every day, and the last few days, I took over, and taught her the things the Thai did not teach her - she passed first time, she had never driven a car before, and she passed in a big pick up,, its the parking you have to concentrate on the most.

Good luck.

The school opposite Foodland use the Stadium mentioned a lot for practice as well or thats where the instructors took my GF.

They mainly use the parking areas and the road around it but if you go there you can also circumnavigate the stadium itself.

enjoy divorce court at the conclusion of your driving lessons...tongue.png

LOL, is that speaking from experience?

Naah...teaching Mrs Soutpeel to drive nearly ended up in a murder trial...biggrin.png

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Well..... watch this space, i am taking the better looking one on Sunday so will see the outcome.....

Thanks for the directions and advice guys, just make sure to stay clear off the mentioned area's on Sundaygiggle.gif

Wifey didn't pass her first time. Missed that stupid test where you have to line up the sticks. The school took her to the transport office for free both times and helped her through the process. Worked out great as she knew what to do when I went for my license 2 weeks later!!

Good luck this weekend!

enjoy divorce court at the conclusion of your driving lessons...tongue.png

LOL, is that speaking from experience?

Naah...teaching Mrs Soutpeel to drive nearly ended up in a murder trial...biggrin.png

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Well..... watch this space, i am taking the better looking one on Sunday so will see the outcome.....

Thanks for the directions and advice guys, just make sure to stay clear off the mentioned area's on Sundaygiggle.gif

In hindsight if I did stangle her and ended up in court think I would have got off on a temporary insanity plea...laugh.png