Non-O? Married, Having A Child, <50 Years Old And No Income

I´m sorry for yet another visa-topic.which probably have been covered multiple times already. But I can´t seem to find any clear information of what applies to my case.

Facts:

-I´m 42 years old.

-I´m married with a Thai

-We are having a baby soon

-I'll arrive to Thailand soon on a 30-day visa on arrival

-I have no proof of income or bank balance matching 400 000 baht.

Questions:

-What are my options if I would like to stay as long as possible in Thailand?

-I read something about you don't need proof of income for 90 days+60 days extension. Is that true? Or does that only apply if you are >50 years old?

You would have to visit a Consulate outside Thailand to obtain a non immigrant O visa using marriage certificate/copy of wife ID card and home register. Single entry would be available most any Consulate and provide a 90 day stay and if both can visit immigration together a 60 day extension could be obtained. The best for a longer stay would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year of unlimited entry for up to 90 days each time. Only Savannakhet is currently providing without some form of financials in the immediate area now. KL will provide with proof of 100k in a bank account.

You would have to visit a Consulate outside Thailand to obtain a non immigrant O visa using marriage certificate/copy of wife ID card and home register. Single entry would be available most any Consulate and provide a 90 day stay and if both can visit immigration together a 60 day extension could be obtained. The best for a longer stay would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year of unlimited entry for up to 90 days each time. Only Savannakhet is currently providing without some form of financials in the immediate area now. KL will provide with proof of 100k in a bank account.

So u mean they only need proof of income if I want the multiple entry, not the single. Right?

If I get the multy entry do I need reentry permit when re-entering Thailand? Do I pay anything more when re.entering?

No need for financials for single entry (although they could always ask to see 20,000 baht as that is required for any such visa issue if asked).

Multi entry means no re-entry permit needed or wanted as you get a new 90 day stay on each entry.

So u mean they only need proof of income if I want the multiple entry, not the single. Right?

If I get the multy entry do I need reentry permit when re-entering Thailand? Do I pay anything more when re.entering?

Hi Zorne

Savannakhet Has not been requiring any proof of funds for a non-immigrant O visa based on marriage to a Thai --- be that single or multiple entry.

A multiple entry visa allows you to leave/enter the Kingdom as many times as you wish at no cost -- without any further permits.

You are required to do so every 90 days.

Perhaps these reports may assist:

Savannakhet

2012-02-02 http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5024282

2012-02-13 http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5052543

2012-04-26 http://www.thaivisa....25#entry5251887

Edited by tig28

Hi Zorne

Savannakhet Has not been requiring any proof of funds for a non-immigrant O visa based on marriage to a Thai --- be that single or multiple entry.

A multiple entry visa allows you to leave/enter the Kingdom as many times as you wish at no cost -- without any further permits.

You are required to do so every 90 days.

Perhaps these reports may assist:

Savannakhet

2012-02-02 http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5024282

2012-02-13 http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5052543

2012-04-26 http://www.thaivisa....25#entry5251887

Thanks!

Can I make an extension on the multi entry?

If I enter Thailand with my multy entry just before the 12 months expiration date and stay 15 months total, can I extend it 60 days after the 15 months?

Most likely but 15 months in advance is a bit larger crystal ball than currently available.

Can I get this visa based on marriage only or on having a Thai child only or do I need both criteria to be fullfilled?

The question needs to be asked, although reasonably cheap in Thailand,.... with a baby, what are you going to do for money? 400k isnt a lot for a year, thats why the criteria exists...good luck anyway.

The question needs to be asked, although reasonably cheap in Thailand,.... with a baby, what are you going to do for money? 400k isnt a lot for a year, thats why the criteria exists...good luck anyway.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely but 15 months in advance is a bit larger crystal ball than currently available.

Thanks for all the useful information!

I just spoke to someone who told me that it might be possible to get a 1 year extension at the immigration office if you just got married. Is it any truth to that and what are the requirements if so? Or maybe that is only possible if you already have a non-O based on marriage or something like that?!

As Lopburi said:

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an

alien must have an average annual income of not less than

40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank

of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses

within a year.