What'S To See In Pattaya That I Haven'T Already Seen?

giddyup

I've lived here over two years but wonder if I've missed seeing anything worthwhile. I've been to Nongnook, Tiger farm, Elephant farm, Crocodile farm, Floating market, and the big Chinese temple out past Nongnook. Have I missed anything that should be a "must see"?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking Street?

Soi Yodsak?

Sanctuary of Truth?

Mini Siam? (a must miss in my opinion)

Alangkarn Theatre?

Alcazar / Tiffany Show?

Underwater World?

Elephant Trek?

One of the magic shows?

Pattaya Park?

Khao Kieow Open Zoo?

The Dolphin Show?

Khao Chee Chan?

The Bottle Museum?

Horseshoe Point?

Underwater submarine ride?

Go karting?

The Big Buddha and look out point on Pratumnak?

Edited by PattayaParent

Walking Street?

Soi Yodsak?

Sanctuary of Truth?

Mini Siam? (a must miss in my opinion)

Alangkarn Theatre?

Alcazar / Tiffany Show?

Underwater World?

Elephant Trek?

One of the magic shows?

Pattaya Park?

Khao Kieow Open Zoo?

The Dolphin Show?

Khao Chee Chan?

The Bottle Museum?

Horseshoe Point?

Underwater submarine ride?

Go karting?

The Big Buddha and look out point on Pratumnak?

Thanks, a couple there that I've missed. What is Soi Yodsak and where is the bottle museum? Forget dolphin shows, they should be in the wild, and one aquarium is pretty much like another.

Thanks, a couple there that I've missed. What is Soi Yodsak and where is the bottle museum? Forget dolphin shows, they should be in the wild, and one aquarium is pretty much like another.

Soi Yosak is Soi 6.

The bottle museum is on Sukhumvit but I think it's recently moved so I don't know exactly where.

Edited by PattayaParent

Yes, the spread of tourist delights isn't anything to enter the Guinness book of records. Still, the combination of tourist traps, the nature of the Sin City and the general mix of the population here does make it something special. I think the OP was just honestly looking for some places to go visit for entertainment and hopefully got a few. I know I did.

Soi Yosak is Soi 6.

The bottle museum is on Sukhumvit but I think it's recently moved so I don't know exactly where.

Hey PattayaParent ... what is the go with Soi 6?

People talk about as a separate area, in the same breath they say 'Walking Street', 'Beach Road', Soi Ba Kow (bad spelling I know) so why the separate designator for Soi Yosak (Soi 6)?

An afternoon walk along the "boardwalk" in South Pattaya near I guess Wong Amat beach? Last year the access from Pattaya beach near Dusit hotel had collapsed, but can get there from the "main" roads.

Sabai Dee, Sabai Room, Sabai land massage. Really are fun.

Golf group

Fishing Day off shore.

Big Buddha Mountain with big gold outline of buddha on it. Pretty winery near there.

Thanks, I've received a couple of intelligent replies, which answers my question. The rest of the ratbags can now make their attempts at humour.

Bang Saen? Bang Saray? Koh Samet? Trat and Koh Chang?

Join the Thai Flying Club at Bangphra Airport, Sriracha. Learn to fly (although it's pretty expensive in LOS compared with elsewhere)

Edited by MJP

Jeez guys...come on. A bunch of BS, off topic posts have been removed from view. Unreal.

OP: Do you have a car? A few things I saw mentioned are pretty cool. Bira is a blast. Worth a visit if you've never been.

Have you been out to the Silver Lake Winery? And nearby Buddha mountain? SL is a nice place for lunch. Pretty good food.

Near the Ambassador Hotel are several places where you can learn to do stand up paddleboarding, kite surfing or just rent a catamaran. Just south of the Glass House is a place that does this and you can rent a chair for the day. They have food there and it's a nice beach. Bang Saray is better, but it's not bad.

Soi Yosak is Soi 6.

People talk about as a separate area, in the same breath they say 'Walking Street', 'Beach Road', Soi Ba Kow (bad spelling I know) so why the separate designator for Soi Yosak (Soi 6)?

It's probably the seediest bar scene in Thailand, day or night, so deserves a special classification of it's own.

Jeez guys...come on. A bunch of BS, off topic posts have been removed from view. Unreal.

OP: Do you have a car? A few things I saw mentioned are pretty cool. Bira is a blast. Worth a visit if you've never been.

Have you been out to the Silver Lake Winery? And nearby Buddha mountain? SL is a nice place for lunch. Pretty good food.

Near the Ambassador Hotel are several places where you can learn to do stand up paddleboarding, kite surfing or just rent a catamaran. Just south of the Glass House is a place that does this and you can rent a chair for the day. They have food there and it's a nice beach. Bang Saray is better, but it's not bad.

Do you mean at The View or other places also?

This one is maybe a bit far out but very good: Kitchakut Mountain (Buddha foot print) in Chanthaburi province some 140 km from Pattaya, this place is only open for 2 month pr year (mid Feb to mid April, I think), to get up there you take special licensed pick-up trucks that are allowed to drive there. You actually have to take 2 pick-up trucks to get up there though the jungle on a gravel road, quite hair raising at times, he-he. Then when your reach the last stop you will have to walk the last distance by foot, 2-3 hours depending of your fitness level until you reach Buddha foot print that is extremely important to Thais. The views during the walk is awesome and you end up at about 3000 feet or 1000 meter above sea level. Not many Westerners around, the few you see are almost all in company with a Thai lady (wife- GF?). I been there 2 times now with my wife and we will go again for sure. Don't go in the weekends too crowded. Last time we left Pattaya 0800 and was back home again at about 1800 hours (car).

Do you mean at The View or other places also?

Right there connected to The View is one place, then just up the beach towards Pattaya is another one. This one is almost next door to The Glass House and South of The Pinnacle hotel. Easy walk from The View also...this second one is a bit difficult to find. Really no signs!! But absolutely packed with Thais doing windsurfing on the weekends....

This one is maybe a bit far out but very good: Kitchakut Mountain (Buddha foot print) in Chanthaburi province some 140 km from Pattaya, this place is only open for 2 month pr year (mid Feb to mid April, I think), to get up there you take special licensed pick-up trucks that are allowed to drive there. You actually have to take 2 pick-up trucks to get up there though the jungle on a gravel road, quite hair raising at times, he-he. Then when your reach the last stop you will have to walk the last distance by foot, 2-3 hours depending of your fitness level until you reach Buddha foot print that is extremely important to Thais. The views during the walk is awesome and you end up at about 3000 feet or 1000 meter above sea level. Not many Westerners around, the few you see are almost all in company with a Thai lady (wife- GF?). I been there 2 times now with my wife and we will go again for sure. Don't go in the weekends too crowded. Last time we left Pattaya 0800 and was back home again at about 1800 hours (car).

Wow...sounds interesting!!

I went last year and it was certainly exhausting - fortunately we didn't take my daughter else I would never have made it to the top.

Not far away from there is Wat Khao Sukim which is also worth a visit.

Done that 3 times now - awesome. We have always went up at night, around 11pm/midnight so by the time we have been to the top and ready to come back down dawn is just breaking to give a spectacular view to say the least!!!

The pick up ride, whilst still a bit hairy, is quite tame compared to what it was like the first time i did it about 7 years ago - that was scary on the way up, too tired to care on the way down!

Very very crowded at night time, apparently more so than the daytime, lots of people like to go at night because it's cooler for the hike on the last part.

Highly recommended !!

Here's a sample of the pick up ride on the way up!!

Edited by LennyW

Done that 3 times now - awesome. We have always went up at night, around 11pm/midnight so by the time we have been to the top and ready to come back down dawn is just breaking to give a spectacular view to say the least!!!

The pick up ride, whilst still a bit hairy, is quite tame compared to what it was like the first time i did it about 7 years ago - that was scary on the way up, too tired to care on the way down!

Very very crowded at night time, apparently more so than the daytime, lots of people like to go at night because it's cooler for the hike on the last part.

Highly recommended !!

Here's a sample of the pick up ride on the way up!!

Now imagine doing that at night!!!w00t.gif

Soi Yosak is Soi 6.

Probably because all the soi's in Pattaya host many brothels, while soi 6 / yodsak is the soi that hosts the city library. I can't think of any other reason.

Soi Yosak is Soi 6.

Probably because all the soi's in Pattaya host many brothels, while soi 6 / yodsak is the soi that hosts the city library. I can't think of any other reason.

But the city library has moved now, but I guess you haven't told your missus?

But the city library has moved now, but I guess you haven't told your missus?

Can the mods please remove above post before someone who is not entitled to read it does.