Orient Thai Weekend Sale

craigt3365

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2012/07/orient-thai-weekend-sale/

BANGKOK, 20 July 2012: Orient Thai Airlines is discounting fares on domestic routes for bookings made over the weekend for travel on weekdays until 30 September.

The promotional fare is Bt999, all inclusive per sector and available for bookings made via www.flyorientthai.com , 1100 to 1600, Saturday and Sunday until 30 September.

The fare is eligible for travel on Monday to Thursday (not public holidays), until 30 September.

Wouldn't fly on this airline if it was free. It has a terrible safety record, poorly trained pilots and ancient planes. Remember the One-Two-Go plane that crashed in Phuket a couple of years ago, killing 90 passengers (and 40 survived)? One-Two-Go was basically part of Orient Thai, but they rebranded it to Orient Thai only since that crash. There have been several other crashes and incidents. The Phuket crash was basically due to the pilot not knowing he shouldn't try to land during a rainstorm with strong sidewinds. NEVER fly Orient Thai unless you've got suicidal tendencies. Air Asia is the only way to go!

• Like 1

idiotic statements...going by your thought pattens you also wont fly with Thai because they also crashed in Surat Thani during a rainstorm...or Bangkok Airways who hit the terminal building on Samui during a Rainstorm

Air Asia are an accident waiting to happen, not to mention one of the most irritating cramped cabins on short haul flights

Poor suicidal me. I actually prefer Orient Thai, Nok is my 2d choice with AirAsia a distant third. I live on Phuket and know the accident site well, marked by the little hill along the runway, passed it many times. Prefer the service, staff, on-time record, Don Muang airport and the no-BS web site which is far more up-front without the gimmicky little add-ons that mount up in a big way.

idiotic statements...going by your thought pattens you also wont fly with Thai because they also crashed in Surat Thani during a rainstorm...or Bangkok Airways who hit the terminal building on Samui during a Rainstorm

Air Asia are an accident waiting to happen, not to mention one of the most irritating cramped cabins on short haul flights

How idiotic of you to call me "idiotic" for making perfectly true statements. Air Asia's average plane age is 4.1 years, making it one of the airlines with the newest planes in the world. This average age will come down in the next few years, as they're buying dozens of new planes...

Orient Thai's average plane age is 24 years (!!!), putting it below most African airlines in terms of fleet age. These are some of the OLDEST planes in the world being used for commercial passenger operations.

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Orient-Thai-Airlines

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/AirAsia

Air Asia has had only one minor incident in over 10 years. Four passengers suffered minor injuries.

On September 2004, an Orient Thai 747 flew within 200 meters of Japan's Tokyo Tower over the heart of downtown Tokyo.

On July 22, 2008, shortly after the crash in Phuket which killed 89 people (the now bankrupt brand of Orient Thai called One-Two-GO), and after the internet publication of illegally excessive work hours and check fraud, Orient Thai and its subsidiaries were ordered to suspend service for 56 days due to failure to train, failure to have a safety program and failure to supervise safe flight, check ride fraud and breaking the law at Orient Thai and One-Two-GO.

Expect Orient Thai to go bankrupt within 1-2 years. Air Asia is one of the most successful airlines of all time, and has 62 planes in operation and another 277 on order by 2016.

I know who I'd rather fly with...

Poor suicidal me. I actually prefer Orient Thai, Nok is my 2d choice with AirAsia a distant third. I live on Phuket and know the accident site well, marked by the little hill along the runway, passed it many times. Prefer the service, staff, on-time record, Don Muang airport and the no-BS web site which is far more up-front without the gimmicky little add-ons that mount up in a big way.

Ironic that your name is "kee niau", but you throw away your money with overpriced, unsafe airlines who use old planes and inadequately trained pilots. I just flew Air Asia from Bangkok to Saigon and back for 2,090 baht, including all taxes and fees, and including two delicious meals (nasi lemak), although I didn't check in any bags. If you ask me, 2,090 baht for a round-trip flight from Thailand to Vietnam is great value for money. I always check Nok Air, etc., when I need to book a flight, and I have NEVER found Nok Air to be cheaper than Air Asia. Their planes are WAY older than Air Asia's planes too, with an average fleet age of 17.3 years, and they don't actually own ANY of their planes. Nok Air only has 16 planes... Air Asia has 62 planes and will own another 277 planes by 2016. I have flown Air Asia over 50 times, and I have never experienced the slightest incident. One time, my Air Asia flight takeoff was delayed 1 hour due to bad weather at the plane's origin. None of my other 50+ Air Asia flights have ever been delayed. No airline in the world can prep its planes for takeoff after landing as fast as Air Asia. This airline runs like clockwork, with sparkling new planes, great pilots and is the most successful low-cost airline of all time. 277 new planes on order and entering service by 2016!

Some people just hate success.

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=nok%20air%20fleet%20age&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FNok_Air&ei=_KgLUO-dF4nYrQfY8fzHCA&usg=AFQjCNHUDODQqWV4NiWDaN1nHhdNWWuTdw

Edited by FalangBaa

All the arguments about how many planes can go on till you are red in the face.

Air Asia means the whole Asian part of the company, how many of those new planes will actually see service in Thailand, yes the record is great but that record is for all Air Asia flights not just Thailand.

I hated the 747 from Orient Thai to Hong Kong, but the price did not have any hidden things like baggage or food, Never traveled with Nok Air, and Bangkok Airways is just too expensive, been on a few Air Asia flights though.

But each to his own.