Non O Extension Based On Overseas Income

Hi everyone

I am here on a non O marriage visa. For my first extension (last year) I used the 400,000k Thai account method to tick the financial requirement. This time round I would like to prove I have an income from my home country. I work for the family business and can easily adjust my income to suit.

If anyone who has used this method before could give me some tips I would greatly appreciate it.

My questions are:

Is 40,000 baht the current accepted income? is this before or after tax? do they even care about tax?

How specific do they get, will they want to see my tax records, bank statements, letter from employer etc, or will they simply accept the stamped declaration from my embassy?

How long must I show I have been on this salary?

Do I need to show funds in my Thai account also?

I am 30 yrs old with Thai wife and child. Wife is on 50,000K+, I live in Bangkok and will be going to Chalermprakiat Government Complex for the extension

Look forward to your replies

Cheers in advance

Edited by davo01

You take a letter from your company to your Embassy and they will give you a letter with a stamp on it, this will cost you money. Take this letter and also copies of bank books from here to prove you can survive here to Immigration, nothing else required for proof of income. (I use the same method, bank has under 100K in it)

Chalermprakiat complex also more commonly known as Chaengwattana.

Where in Bangkok are you residing?

Edited by beano2274

Hi Beano thanks for the reply, Im in the Suan Luang area, On Nut.

Do you need to show 40,000 p/m only?

How many months of bank statements would be sufficent? would a print out from online banking be enough?

Are you showing under 100K in your thai account or overseas? I would prefer not to show any savings, just my income

Cheers

I showed over 40,000 per month to the Embassy for the letter from them. They added more to it for Immigration. I use my Thai bank books but others use print outs from their banks abroad, but they must be quite recent, and at least show some transactions. Some offices do ask for bank books so be prepared to show them, my office is Nonthaburi, and they ask for them and send all my stuff to Bangkok for review.

For an extension based on marriage, showing an income of 40,000 a month is enough.

Incoem from within Thailand is shown with Thai tax papers, incoem from aboraod with a letter from your embassy. Immigration only accepts these proof of income.

You embassy decides what they will accept as proof to issue a letter. Look for more information on your embassy website.

I was on the same kind of visa.

I just got a short letter from my Canadian employer and printed out my last 4 pay statements.

Went to and paid CDN embassy in Bangkok 1500 baht for the affidavit (the letter from them to whom it may concern @ Thai immigration)

The usual requirement is proving the last 3 months of over 40,000 baht income. This is proven by the embassy affidavit, but TIT - so I printed out my paystubs and bank statements for the last 4 months as well.

For an extension based on marriage, showing an income of 40,000 a month is enough.

Incoem from within Thailand is shown with Thai tax papers, incoem from aboraod with a letter from your embassy. Immigration only accepts these proof of income.

You embassy decides what they will accept as proof to issue a letter. Look for more information on your embassy website.

Thanks Mario2008, so the letter from my embassy will be sufficent? I wont need to take any bank statements or other documents?

Thanks Mario2008, so the letter from my embassy will be sufficent? I wont need to take any bank statements or other documents?

This is Thailand, I would take my bank books, I have always been asked for them at Nonthaburi, and my docs go to Bangkok.

This is Thailand, I would take my bank books, I have always been asked for them at Nonthaburi, and my docs go to Bangkok.

Thanks Beano, fustrating thing is my embassy (New Zealand) is hopeless for information, It seems they do things differently. My embassy replies

"you do not need to show the Embassy any documents to support your statutory declaration about your salary as we do not verify what you say in a statutory declaration.

However I expect you will need some proof for the Thai authorities, that is why you need to check with them.

We can stamp ‘ Seen at the Embassy’ on your income evidence such as employer’s letter, pay slip etc.

It looks like they will only give me a statutory declaration. Your embassy gave you an affidavit correct?

I give my Embassy a letter from my employer, with salary and details of my position on it, the Embassy then type up another letter for me to use at Immigration, I do not take the employers letter with me, just the Embassy letter and Bank books to prove I can support living here with my wife.

Bank books are often asked for, but only to show you have some money to spend. it is not necesarry to show your income with the bank books or to recieve your income in Thailand.

so their not interested in what you do with your income or need proof its being spent here?

How much spending money would it pay to show in your thai bank book